Highlights, Thursday, Dec. 30

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2000
      Before I give my Millenium Speech, I would like to say that
      the combination offered on this list is one of freedom of
      expression and the subject of nonduality. It is a powerful
      combination.. On the nonduality salon website and on every
      other related email list, there is some attempt to organize
      nonduality.

      There's no moderation here, no organization, because it is
      not for one to organize nonduality, rather to be 'organized
      by' nonduality.

      (The meaning of 'organized by' is largely what the list is
      about.)

      Because this list is allowed to have a life of its own,
      because it is allowed to 'organize' and not forced to become
      organized, people feel a rhythm to this community; a greater
      breath.

      This place is not predictable and it is not without
      difficult times. What it is is greater than our sum. Many
      have described the list itself as 'Guru'.

      To summarize, rather than crunching nonduality, allowing it
      to crunch, is what happens here.

      Thanks to everyone for being part of this. Now for my
      Millenium Speech; it is three words long:

      I uphold non-moderation.

      --Jerry

      we are initating,,,,,silent worship,,,,,at the same
      time,,,,,,in a quaker meeting i attend,,,,,,,to
      support,,,,,,to be part,,,,,,,to be,,,,,,

      it is good,,,,,,and beautiful,,,,,,

      --J. Springer

      HARSHA

      Hello everyone. Just got back into town today. Hope you
      are all well. I will be catching up on some of the e-mail
      over the next few days. As the year 1999 comes to a close,
      many people are anticipating major events and changes in
      their life. Same old stuff every
      1000 years. Life is happening now. Always now. Twenty
      five hundred years ago, Buddha carefully analyzed the human
      condition and said that life inherently involves suffering
      of some type or another. Suffering indeed appears to be
      universal. One need not look far to see examples of
      horrific suffering due to poverty, neglect, ignorance, war,
      injustice, greed, and abuse. Joys come intertwined with
      sorrow.
      Pleasures and pain often follow each other in a natural
      cycle. We are all born wearing the garland of suffering. A
      sage once said that all fruits that fall from the tree of
      life are bitter sweet-- but two fruits are sweet only. One
      is meditation on the nature of the Truth of Self. Second is
      Satsanga or keeping company of people who walk the path of
      Truth. The pathless path truly goes nowhere. Truth cannot
      be found elsewhere or at another time. It exists always in
      the Present--As Presence of the Heart. The Heart is the
      both the ultimate mystery and the ultimate simplicity. It
      cannot be known in the sense of objective knowledge. It
      Eternally Knows It Self. Once I heard that Aristotle
      reasoned that God being perfect must always be meditating on
      perfection. But since there is no perfection other than
      God, it follows that God must be in constant meditation on
      His/Her Own Self. So the Sages declare that God sits in the
      Heart as one's own Self. That is the Truth we must drink
      deeply of. That is the nectar of immortality. That Thou
      Are!

      LINKS!

      http://lightgate.net/seminars/remarkable/beings.mv
      --Colette

      For a good laugh, visit:

      http://www.serve.com/cmtan/buddhism/Lighter/index.html
      --Jan

      NEW MILLENNIUM PRAYER

      May all beings everywhere be awakened, healed, fulfilled and
      free; May there be peace in the world, and may we all
      together complete the spiritual journey.

      Lama Surya Das Cambridge, Mass.
      Winter Solstice Full Moon Dec. 22, 1999

      Surya Das Mailing List
      http://www.onelist.com/community/suryadas

      send a blank email to:
      suryadas-subscribe@onelist.com

      Allspirit website http://www.allspirit.co.uk

      --Gill Eardley

      I have just discovered a rather stunning piece of writing.
      She uses language not always used here, but the essence
      contains everything happening here..

      http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/grand-exodus-wistancia.html

      --Christiana
      NEW MEMBERS

      Hello,

      My name is Beth. I first heard about the Non-duality Salon
      through Allspirit: and Gill and John and John. I will be
      very quiet for awhile (lurking) until I understand a little
      better what it is all about, as I am definitely a beginner.
      The fact that everyone no matter what their belief and
      practice, is welcome, really attracts me. I am hungry for
      knowledge, and I love to share.

      I am really looking forward to all of you.

      Love, Beth

      hello, Beth, i want to thank you for putting words to the
      message i've wanted to send to this community. i too am new
      here and look forward to walking with all of you.
      peace, lisa

      Hello Beth and Lisa. Make yourselve's at home. I have
      nothing to say except that this place is like one of those
      video games where you never know what's going to happen in
      the environment. Be ready, be open, feel safe. You have
      infinite lives.

      Love, Jerry

      I heard myself say the other day,

      "All I have ever asked of you is to simply hear me without
      trying to fix me or change me, or tell me what's wrong with
      me...to simply receive me, just as I am."

      I realize that voice reflected my soul's yearning. A
      yearning to see, and be seen for, who I am.

      A yearning to know who "I am" ... not through comparing me
      to you, or by comparing my 'nows' to my yesterdays and
      tomorrows.

      A yearning to know who I AM beyond any thought of condition,
      expectation, fear, or comparison.

      This morning I had an experience that was like watching a
      movie in fast motion....as if I were looking to see who I
      was in comparison to whomever was placed next to me. And
      these comparisons began to flash across my screen

      of me standing

      next to a homeless person

      then next to Judi and Bruce

      then next to a wealthy business man

      then next to a short, fat person

      next to slender, beautiful model

      next to Einstein

      next to Jesus

      next to my next door neighbor

      and so on, and so on... these images flashed past my eyes

      until I was exhausted

      and crying because it became so clear that I will never know
      who "I Am" by comparing my 'now' with anothers.

      And that yearning I talked about heightened so....that it
      cried,

      "Who am I" when all of you simply disappear....when there
      are no more comparisons, or expectations, or blueprints to
      follow?

      'Who I am' can not be known by looking in the world of
      dualities.

      And with that, I hear my friend Sandeep's words from last
      week echo thru me again,

      " In aloneness, ego is no more.
      Ego is only present in relationship, in duality"

      Who "I am" will be discovered by me thru my own silent
      Self-inquiry....

      in a world where there are no longer any comparisons,
      expectations or designs.

      --Melody

      ON SURRENDER

      There is a sense of volition in surrender, surrender comes
      first, then dissolution; surrender is accepting
      dissolution. A useful symbol for understanding is
      sacrifice, surrender is the placing of the sacrifice on the
      pyre, dissolution is the consumption of it in the fire.
      --Andrew Macnab

      Ramana Maharshi on surrender:

      Student: What do you consider to be the cause of world
      suffering.
      And how can we help to change it?

      Ramana Maharshi: Realize the Real Self. It is all that is
      necessary.

      S: How can we hasten our illumination for greater service?

      RM: We have to surrender ourselves to the Supreme
      completely.
      Then It will take care of us as well as the world.

      --contributed by Xan

      Relax away from intention, regardless of labels like "good"
      or "honest,"
      thereby meeting your maker in silence, utterly formless, and
      in countless forms, inhabiting only this very moment, which
      is all there ever is.
      --Bruce Morgen

      Surrender Is...
      it happens, no choice to be made, only acceptance....
      no doer involved

      how can one decide: OK I surrender, or I surrender not?
      how can one learn (and why should one?) to desire to be
      thoughtless? to learn what already Is?

      Don't meditate myself, (or is singing the same prayer, while
      doing activities in the physical world also meditating?)
      I like it that I can have thoughts, that I can think, talk
      and write... that i can also making this form of contact
      one moment it's possible, next moment all is gone.... blank
      (like my computer)
      if there bubbles up an impulse to respond... there is
      response if not... there's not no doer no control just
      surrender it happens just like this just like we happen to
      be

      love Xera

      Not speaking but writing, via but nor for, a disposable
      biological interface.

      --Jan

      HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE MAILING LIST
      http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/ndhighlights