#2108 - Saturday, April 9, 2005 - Editor: Gloria

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2005

      Nondual Highlights
      #2108 - Saturday, April 9, 2005 - Editor: Gloria

              Silence is a potent carrier of presence, so when
              you read this, be aware of the silence between
              and underneath the words.  Be aware of the gaps.
              To listen to the silence, wherever you are, is an
              easy and direct way of becoming present.

                                      - Eckhart Tolle

      from Along the Way

      Do you know a word that doesn't refer to something?
      Have you ever picked and held a rose from R,O,S,E?
      You say the NAME. Now try to find the reality it names.
      Look at the moon in the sky, not the one in the lake.
      If you want to be free of your obsession with words
      and beautiful lettering, make one stroke down.
      There's no self, no characteristics,
      but a bright center where you have the knowledge
      the Prophets have, without books or interpreter.

      - Rumi

      The unitive state cannot be attained
      Through words or thoughts or through the eye.
      How can it be attained except through one
      Who is established in this state himself?

      -Katha Upanishad
      Excerpted from The Upanishads, translated by Eknath Easwaran, copyright 1987

      from Paracelsus

      Connect with senses and be awake! Truth is here.
      Truth is within ourselves; it takes no rise
      From outward things, whate'er you may believe.
      There is an inmost centre in us all,
      Where Truth abides in fullness, and around,
      Wall upon wall, the gross flesh hems it in,
      This perfect, clear perception, which is truth.
      A baffling and perverting carnal mesh
      Binds it, and makes all error; and to know
      Rather consists in opening out a way
      Whence the imprisoned splendour may escape
      Than in effecting entry for a light
      Supposed to be without.

      - Robert Browning

      from Paracelsus, Book I,  Paracelsus, by Robert Browning, Oxford Edition, p. 444.

      When we know what we are, it no longer matters who we have thought we were.

      - Rainer Maria Rilke

      Alton ~ Million Paths

      "Looking Glass" photo by Sam Pasiencier  http://home.hccnet.nl/sam.pas/sam.eye.photos/looking-glass.jpg

      "We can learn to fly beyond the limits of our
      dualistic condition, until we are ready to leave
      it behind all together. We can begin by becoming
      aware of our body, voice. and mind.

      "Understanding our true nature means
      understanding the relative condition and knowing
      how to reintegrate with its essential nature, so
      that we become once again like a mirror that can
      reflect any object whatsoever, manifesting its
      clarity."
      ~Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

      From the book, "Dzogchen: The Self-Perfected
      State," edited by Adriano Clemente, translated by
      John Shane, published by Snow Lion.

      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1559390573/Angelinc

      Sherab ~ Daily Dharma

      The eye of clarity is so called because it brings sight to everyone. It enables every single one to enter the uncreated and unconditioned reality, each in his own way.

      -Prajnaparamita
      From "Buddha Speaks," edited by Anne Bancroft, 2000.

      From: 'The Zen Teachings of Huang Po:
      On the Transmission of Mind'.
      Edited and translated by John Blofeld

      A perception, sudden as blinking, that subject and object
      are one, will lead to a deeply mysterious wordless
      understanding; and by this understanding will you awake to
      the truth of Zen.
      ~   ~

      From 'The Mastery of Love'
      Don Miguel Ruiz

      There is wisdom in accepting what you are...

      It is difficult to be what you are not. Being what you
      are doesn't require any effort. When you become wise,
      you accept yourself the way you are, and the complete
      acceptance of yourself becomes the complete acceptance
      of everyone else.

      Gill Eardley ~ Allspirit Inspiration

      Allspirit Website: http://www.allspirit.co.uk

      To subscribe to allspiritinspiration, send a blank email to:
      allspiritinspiration-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Theory and Practice

      Whichever path one follows, the thing is to follow it,
      not to argue about it. A Christian priest once told
      Bhagavan that he considered the goal of mystic union
      envisaged by Christians to be different from the Hindu
      goal of moksha[liberation] and superior to it, and Bhagavan replied,
      "All right, attain that first and then see whether you
      still find any difference or anything to criticize".
      That was always his reply - to turn the critic from
      theory to practice. Argument did not interest him,
      only understanding and sincere effort.

      For Those with Little Dust
      Selected Writings of Arthur Osborne

      Viorica Weissman ~ MillionPaths