#2101 - Saturday, April 2, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 8:39 PM

      Nondual Highlights

      #2101 - Saturday, April 2, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Secret Sits

      We dance round in a ring and suppose,
      But the Secret sits in the middle and knows.

      ~ Robert Frost
      From "A Witness Tree", 1942

              In one spark of fire
              there is the whole fire
              it can ignite
              whole cities and nations
              one spark!

              That's how the Truth
              of one Person
              from age to age
              can shake the whole earth.

                         ~ Swami Amar Jyoti

      "In Light of Wisdom"
      Swami Amar Jyoti
      Truth Consciousness, Boulder, Colorado, 1983

      posted to Along the Way

      "Crocus" photo by Sam Pasiencier

      "What is the deep listening?
      'Sama' is a greeting from the secret ones
      inside the heart, a letter.
      The branches of your intelligence grow
      new leaves in the wind of this listening.

      The body reaches a peace.
      Rooster sound comes,
      reminding you of your love for dawn.

      The reed flute and the singer's lips:
      the knack of how spirit breathes into us
      becomes as simple and ordinary
      as eating and drinking.

      The dead rise with the pleasure of listening,
      if someone can't hear a trumpet melody,
      sprinkle dirt on his head and declare him dead.

      Listen, and feel the beauty of your separation,
      the unsayable absence.

      There's a moon inside every human being.
      Learn to be companions with it. Give
      more of your life to this listening.

      As brightness is to time, so you are to
      the one who talks to the deep ear
      in your chest.

      I should sell my tongue and buy a thousand ears
      when that one steps near and begins to speak."

      ~ Rumi

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      From the book, "The Glance," published by Penguin Compass
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      posted to MillionPaths

      The mind-moon, the creator of names and forms, will itself set and be extinguished as a concept in front of the sun of consciousness that is one's real nature.

      from Padamalai - Teachings of Ramana Maharshi recorded by Muruganar,
      edited by David Godman

      Posted to MillionPaths

      One who handles a sword well
      gets power. Someone generous

      and disciplined wins what
      the public religions offer.

      But knowledge of the deep self comes
      only from a teacher who is That.

      Everything we do mixes
      in the ground of the self.

      ~ Lalla, Naked Song

      posted to MillionPaths

      photo by Al Larus

      The purest thing in all creation
      ~ Nikephoros Vrettakos

      Somehow there's no more darkness left at all.
      I've soaked up sunlight through a thousand wounds,
      and now this whiteness that I cloak you in
      you won't find even in the Alps: this wind
      whirls also there on high and stains the snow.
      Even white roses bear a hint of dust.
      The ultimate miracle is in ourselves:
      these white expanses genuinely aglow
      against the universe. The purest thing
      in all creation then is not the twilight,
      nor the sky when it's reflected off the river,
      nor the sun on the apple blossoms. It is love.

      — translated from the Modern Greek by Jon Coreli

      posted to AlphaWorld

      Daily Poem from the Poetry Chaikhana

      Worship

      By Dogen