#2100 - Friday, April 1, 2005 - Editor: michael

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2005
      The Nondual Highlights

      #2100 - Friday, April 1, 2005 - Editor: michael

      Letter to the Editors: Click 'Reply' on your email program, compose
      your message, and 'Send'. All the editors will see your letter.

      ------------------------------------

      The Truth of Non-duality Revealed!

      From an as-yet unpublished exclusive interview with G*D wherein
      our Intrepid Reporter is granted a privileged (though brief) time
      with G*D or the Great Being as IT prefers to be called.

      IR Thank you so much for taking a few moments of your infinite Self
      to speak with us. It is quite an honor.

      GB Of course it is.

      IR Well, yes. But before we begin, is there any thing YOU would like
      to comment on?

      GB Drop the CAPITAL LETTERS. Let's keep this more or less informal,
      shall we, hmmm?

      IR Certainly. No offense meant.

      GB None taken. Now, I see you have a list of questions prepared...

      IR Yes. Well. Um.

      GB Ha haha. Now don't be nervous.

      IR Thank YOU (oops - sorry)

      GB OK, don't worry about it.

      IR Ah, the first thing I'm sure many of us would like to know is
      this: What is the true religion?

      GB There isn't one.

      IR Would you care to explain? After all, there are so many religions
      and there has been much said and done in the name of these
      religions. Hasn't any of them got it right?

      GB Basically, no. All of them try to explain the un-explainable
      (namely ME). Look, by nature I AM - mysterious and ineffable. As
      anybody knows, you can't eff the ineffable. When you try, you just
      naturally eff it up. hahaha!

      IR yah, hahaha

      GB HAHAHA! oh my, I just crack ME up sometimes...

      IR My editor wanted me to especially ask you about Advaita or non-
      duality as it sometimes called.

      GB Yes. I know all about it, of course.

      IR Well, proponents of Advaita claim that it is a non-religion. Any
      comments on that?

      GB It is just a concept. Another idea that trys to explain away the
      eternal ground of being and thus give some 'acceptable' meaning to
      life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, per se.

      IR Ah, um, well what is the meaning of lif?. Now that you mention it.

      GB To live. Just to live life and enjoy it.

      IR That's all? You mean that there really isn't anything higher than
      that? What about enlightenment and truth and higher being and and
      and all that?

      GB Easy son, just take it easy. There now, take a deep breath.
      Breathe, breathe - better?

      IR Yes, thank you.

      GB No, thank you.