#2090 ~ Tuesday, March 22, 2005 ~ Editor: Gloria

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2005
      Shaking the Tree -- Jeanne Lohmann

      Shaking the Tree

      Vine and branch we’re connected in this world
      of sound and echo, figure and shadow, the leaves
      contingent, roots pushing against earth. An apple

      belongs to itself, to stem and tree, to air
      that claims it, then ground. Connections
      balance, each motion changes another. Precarious,

      hanging together, we don’t know what our lives
      support, and we touch in the least shift of breathing.
      Each holy thing is borrowed.  Everything depends.

      ~ Jeanne Lohmann ~

      Nondual Highlights

      #2090 ~ Tuesday, March 22, 2005 ~ Editor: Gloria

      “Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little
      things, I am tempted to think there are no little things.”

      Bruce Barton

      posted to Alpha World

      How refreshing the whinny of a packhorse

      unloaded of everything.

       ~ Zen saying

      We do not know the weight of this "self" we are carrying

      until we put it down.

      from The Daily Inspiration archives

      Jani Roxburgh ~ The_Now2

      Stillness Speaks

      When you lose touch with inner stillness,
      you lose touch with yourself.
      When you lose touch with yourself,
      you lose yourself in the world.

      Your innermost sense of self,
      of who you are,
      is inseparable from stillness.
      This is the I Am
      that is deeper than name and form.

      ~~~~~~

      Stillness is your essential nature.
      What is stillness?
      The inner space or awareness in which the words on this page
      are being perceived and become thoughts.
      Without that awareness,
      there would be no perception, no thoughts, no world.

      You are that awareness, disguised as a person.

      ~  Eckhart Tolle
      Stillness Speaks

      Jani Roxburgh ~ The_Now2

      "Your own mind is the root of samsara and nirvana. Ask yourself: Are you
      good? Of course you are. Are you bad? Yes. In both cases, you are still
      the same person. When you recognize the nature of your mind and become a
      buddha, is that still you? Yes. Are you still the same person who was
      wandering around in samsara? The answer, again, is yes. It is you. It is
      this one phenomenon, your own mind, that is the root of the whole of
      samsara and nirvana, but your experience of it differs according to
      whether or not you've realized your true nature."

      ~Gyatrul Rinpoche

      From the book, "Naked Awareness,' published by Snow Lion.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1559391464/angelinc

      ________________________________

      May all beings be happy. May they be free from suffering. May they be at peace.

      DharmaG ~ Daily Dharma

       Painter within
      senses have mingled

      risen like dew
      through the skies

      painter within
      colour this skin

      to be
      revealed
      with grace

      one
      ray
      fills
      this space

      every bird in the forest sings

      this is I

      ~Alan Larus~

      photo: http://www.ferryfee.com/bluesky/Promise_of_spring.htm

      More Alan Larus photography with a poem by Kabir