Nondual Highlights Issue #2086 Friday, March 18, 2005

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2005
      Archived issues of the NDHighlights are available online:
      http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2086 Friday, March 18, 2005 - michael

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      from the GuruRatings Yahoo! group:

      RE: What is the Way?

      Hi Adithya,

      Although I never write in this forum, your question
      moves me to answer.

      Do you really think that spirituality has failed?
      Spirituality is not an institution that works by itself.
      It is something subtle and personal,
      in each one there is spirituality.
      But maybe I need your definition of this word "spirituality".

      I have heard from human beings I love and respect,
      that while not enlightened, it is enough to be a good
      human being. And after enlightenment, there are no
      more worries about all this issues such as identification
      or playing roles. Why worry about this?

      To do things without attachment to the consequences,
      to do things from the heart, to do things while in contact
      with our inner soul, is all that is needed to live this life
      in a balanced way. I believe this is the way.

      The mind plays in order to not stay still. But it can be still
      while performing many acts, be these social, professional,
      family, or any other human action or interaction. Or even
      not being still, even in the case of being psycologically
      reactive, there is always the possibility of the mind being
      the conscious observer of itself, of all this movement, not
      getting identifyed with it.

      It really does not matter what one does, what is important
      is to be in balance, because this leads to a regular
      peace of mind.

      So if we have to play some role, let´s play it without getting
      identifyed with it. Out of love is a good way. Not looking for
      any reward for ourselves is a good way. So let´s play the
      role of a good human being. Please, this doesn´t mean to
      be identified to any model. This remembers me of Ramana,
      who said "Just be as you are". And by the way, we could listen
      to the really wise ones and not to the constructed and
      prejudiced stablishments as society, religions or any other
      groups or institutions, who we all know that in the deepest
      of themselves are looking for their own rewards, being these
      personal or for a group. These don´t work with the truth.

      These could be some ways of living the life we are given as
      persons, as human beings, in balance or harmony.

      Temporarily we are human beings. Eternally we are That I am.

      ***********************

      Zen Oleary

      Dawn 10
      (Florida)

      Ants scurry blind
      down alleys
      in the underbrush,

      climb skyscrapers
      of saw palmetto,

      hurtle past with
      a blood hunger that
      torches their morning.

      Armadillos lumber by,
      reapers of ant flesh,

      long-tongued scrapers,
      death in padded feet.
      Otters scramble in the creek

      chewing down light,
      reinventing body play,

      seeking god in the wetness
      of brown fur and laughing eyes.
      The gopher tortoise

      at my door pauses,
      and we both freeze, look

      wordless into startled eyes,
      a cross-species moment
      in this dance of dawn.

      A great white heron
      dreaming of fish is

      butchered, de-feathered
      by a bald eagle on
      the path in front of me.

      It happened too quick
      to turn away or not see.

      Flocks of swallows paint
      coral skies black and white in
      this hallucination on a sand spit

      that is both more and less real
      than our words and imaginings.

      © Zen Oleary
      March 18, 2005

      ##############################

      taken from the archives of a mad person -

      waxing

      another morning - adrift in time
      nothing shall preserve this life
      and it is nothing that will take this life

      the smallest of things and the least of dreams
      are the greatest of dreams and the most of it is dreaming
      dreams are schemes of hopes and fears while moments fall into years

      with your hair in the sky - combed across with eagle hawk crow and
      vulture
      you blow kisses from the peaks - kisses of snow and rain and pine
      on your breast the mountains play - of lion and deer and bear
      your fertile belly the valley below - farms ranches towns and homes
      your arms and legs are rivers - that drink the corn wheat alfalfa
      and beans and squash
      and in the deep canyon holds your mysterious love hole - where i am
      born

      Life's Little Instructions

      Sing in the shower. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be
      treated.
      Watch a sunrise at least once a year. Leave the toilet seat in the
      down position.
      Never refuse homemade brownies. Strive for excellence, not
      perfection. Plant a tree on your birthday. Learn three clean
      jokes. Return borrowed vehicles with the gas tank full. Compliment
      three people every day. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone
      you love them. Leave everything a little better than you found it.
      Keep it simple. Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures.
      Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know. Floss
      your teeth. Ask for a raise when you feel you've earned it. Be
      forgiving of yourself and others. Overtip breakfast waitresses.
      Say "thank you" alot. Avoid negative people. Buy whatever kids are
      selling on card tables in their front yards.
      Wear polished shoes. Remember other people's birthdays.Have a firm
      handshake. Commit yourself to constant improvement. Carry jumper
      cables in your trunk. Send lots of Valentine cards. Sign
      them, "Someone who thinks you're terrific." Look people in the
      eye. Be the first to say "Hello". Use the good silver. Return all
      things you borrow. Make new friends but cherish the old ones. Keep
      secrets. Sing in a choir. Plant flowers every spring. Have a dog.
      Always accept an outstretched hand. Stop blaming others. Take
      responsibility for every area of your life. Wave at kids on school
      buses. Be there when people need you. Feed a stranger's expired
      parking meter. Don't expect life to be fair. Never underestimate
      the power of love. Drink champagne for no reason at all.
      Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation.
      Don't be afraid to say, "I don't know". Compliment even small
      improvements.
      Keep your promises (no matter what). Marry only for love.
      Rekindle old friendships. Count your blessings.
      Call your mother.

      damnitall

      so! there you are, buncha blithering idiots - that's you there, eh?
      a'searching all pie-eyed for your sweet version of dee-vine re-ality
      where everything is understood and makes cosmic damnital sense.

      an what do ya do?! ya let yer flippin' 'magination run away wit ya!
      that's wot! an there ya are off into all kinds of demeted reali-
      titties just a trying to suck up to some fancy assed concept of god
      an the freaking future of a mutated monkey species. what a hoot!

      what a sad and sorry sight! you just foolishly go on and on and on
      thinking up new shit to think up. but hey, who am i to talk?
      some damn fool that realizes this can't go on. well, it could, we
      humans can be so damn dumm. hey everybody! why don't we see how long
      we can milk the earth dry, murder each other, commit mayhem and
      just generally see how long it takes to really fuck things up?

      such irony...you seem to have to, i mean really have to get caught up
      in war and hatred and violence. and fer christ/allah/brahma/who the
      hell ever's sake just have to be right! what an absurd obsession!

      what pinheads. sigh...you just don't seem to get it, do you? there
      is no need to be killin' and slandering and subjegating and bee'n
      all 'round mean to each other. no need at'all.

      just a thought - anyhoo.

      This Rant sponsered by Damnital! The elixer of joy and abundant
      living.
      Why, Folks, one sip of Damnital and those unwonted urges to murder
      and mayhem simply fade away. Yes, one little sip and the ordinary
      becomes divine and the divine becomes rather mudane.

      Try the New and Improved Damnital* see the world of the super
      mundane.
      Don't let your heart stop beating until you've tried it.

      *New and Improved Damnitall is the same old Damnitall you may know
      and love - it just comes in the Jumbo Size! Enough for EveryBody !!!