# 2038 - Sunday, January 23, 2005

  • mark otter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2005

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2038 Sunday, January 23, 2005 Editor: Mark

      .

      The greatest support we can have is mindfulness, which means being totally present in each moment. If the mind remains centered, then it can't make up stories about the injustice of the world or one's friends, or about one's desires, or one's lamentations. All these mind-made stories would fill many volumes, but when we are mindful such verbalizations stop.

      'Mindful' is being fully absorbed in the moment, leaving no room for anything else. We are filled with the momentary happening, whether that may be standing or sitting or lying down, being comfortable or uncomfortable, feeling pleasant or unpleasant. Whichever it may be, it is a non-judgmental awareness, 'knowing only,' without evaluation."

      - Ayya Khema, posted to DailyDharma by DharmaGrandmother

      The greatest homage we can pay to truth is to use it.

      - Ralph Waldo Emerson, posted to AlphaWord by Sandra

      What will happen to us when we die
      is just about as unknown
      as what will happen to us when we're Alive.
      Life and Death therefore
      are Aspects of the same Mystery.
      What happens to us in either State however
      depends on our State of Awareness or Unawareness
      and what happens to one Person
      might be opposite to what happens to another.
      One Thing is for sure however
      Life and Death will never occur at the same Time.

      THE FUNNY THING IS... THEY ACTUALLY DO

      - posted to CosmicCookies by Gerardus

      How neat to be able to observe thought as one observes, let's say for example the computer screen in front of you. You don't have to create the computer screen by an act of personal effort. The computer screen is there! Automatically. Automagically! Now turn your attention to thoughts in your mind. That's another kind of observation. It's not a looking through your physical eyes, yet it is still a form of looking, an obervation of something that is already there. Automatically! You can observe your own thinking going on pretty much in the same way you observe anything else.

      Ok. So now you are looking at your thoughts. What's next? Simply recognize the slight discontent in body and mind as a result of those thoughts. Observe the compulsive nature in you habitually turning your focus of awareness towards thinking and at the same time semi-hides the emotional discontent going along feeding those thoughts.

      Ideas about a separate you inside you having to do certain things in order to feel good is a monumental lie. The real you is free from such slavery. Don't let discontent run your life. Let reality clean out your entire system. Let conflict burn up in you. Then you will become truth.

      - posted to Nisargadatta by Anders Lindman

      If you give up being a doer, if you give up being in control and you accept yourself as a happening in Existence the way Existence wants you to be, all guilt and all shame are suddenly left behind.

      - Rabia, posted to truevision by Eric Ashford

      .