#2036 - Friday, January 21, 2005 - Editor: Jerry

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2005
      #2036 - Friday, January 21, 2005 - Editor: Jerry

      Some interesting illusions on video:

      http://www.grand-illusions.com/videos/lenzs%20law.wmv (elevators use the physics behind this illusion, for safety purposes.)

      Teenage years are utterly meaningless for adolescents since the major activity in their life,
      formal schooling, is entirely generic, irrelevant and unresponsive to their emerging
      individuality.

      The way to this enchantment of life on earth is contained in a single and simple
      strategy: a relentless intent to Dream a world in love.

      http://sentientpublications.com/catalog/relentless_love.php

      © Copyright Edwin Carl Smith, 2003

      Excerpts From

      Relentless Love

      The Power of A Transformative Life

      (with page numbers)

      Enchantment is where your life and your dreams merge. It is that moment just ahead of
      your fear and learned cynicism. It is where life is fundamentally good, not because you are
      good, but because life, the planet itself, is good, healing, nurturing, supportive, not just as a
      metaphor, but in a literal and palpable way. Your job is not to interfere with it! (5)

      Enlightenment is the reorganization of awareness around a single purpose. this means
      that enlightenment varies with purpose. when awareness is organized around a single
      purpose, you have a natural inclination to insight and wisdom which we call genius. (14)

      Death is the price of enchantment. It is not optional. It is unavoidable. The price for
      evolution has always been death of the separated Selves and the whole of your life
      connected to it. if that is not appealing, you can try to avoid enchantment, and be
      overwhelmed by the coming storm of evolutionary intelligence. Either way, the result is
      the same. Death is in the air. Enchantment is here. (30)

      Intelligence is learned! Evolutionary intelligence is biological. It is for the courageous
      warrior, not the precise intellectual. Evolutionary learning is a deeply moving, personal
      journey into the unknown, within and without. It is important to acknowledge that
      enchantment cannot be discussed! Words always fail. Life and enchantment are bigger
      than our ideas. So all our ideas about enchantment are basically untrue. We must encounter
      enchantment before our ideas to understand it. (49)

      Observe any high school culture. What you see are all the neurotic dynamics typical of
      adult society. The adolescent is functionally an adult at this point. The adults are
      themselves merely adolescents, so they can and do provide no help. In modern societies,
      adolescence is adulthood.

      This is dangerous to any community. Without purpose, individuality must be
      constrained. Otherwise, it poses and is a real threat to the stability of adult society. A sense
      of purpose demands incorporating something beyond the self into one’s sense of self. That
      is the function of the adult community, but the community of modern societies is a cruel
      joke on adolescents. It cannot and historically has not provided any meaningful context for
      their development. Modern societies are populated with adults who are in fact functional
      adolescents. Thus, the adult community cannot and does not provide any guidance for
      adolescents, except to restrain their emerging individuality by prolonging their adolescence.
      Teenage years are utterly meaningless for adolescents since the major activity in their life,
      formal schooling, is entirely generic, irrelevant and unresponsive to their emerging
      individuality. (70-71)

      The guru tradition is so common because the technical methods of the guru make
      spirituality manageable. It turns evolution into a problem that expertise and proprietary
      technology can solve. Since evolution is a spontaneous system reorganization, outside
      intervention from a guru/teacher can produce technical changes, but the system only
      changes. It does not evolve. (125)

      Love is the simplicity that all other things complicate. Love is the key to learning and
      healing in all realms, but it is not sufficient for enchantment. For that something more is
      required, something easier . . . To Dream life in love is our true vocation. When you
      choose to Dream, evolution begins. (128)

      A Dream has no power without love. Love has no purpose without a Dream. Love is
      the power that enchants our world, but its power is contained in our Dreams. The Tree of
      Life itself is nourished by the love in our Dreams. A Dream seizes our imagination and our
      life. Through the power of love held in our Dream, we heal and mature. Finally, we
      outwardly express the creative power of love in our Dream. At last the two are one. The
      Dream is real. Love enchants the world. (129)

      As human beings, we are naturally inclined to the enchantments of love. So is our
      world. We can reclaim our lost and ancient powers to heal and creatively express love in
      the world. The way to this enchantment of life on earth is contained in a single and simple
      strategy: a relentless intent to Dream a world in love.

      What are you willing to risk to live your Dream of love? (141)

      ~ ~ ~

      Edwin Smith has studied and practiced within a variety of spiritual traditions and schools of
      psychology. At the age of 25, Edwin Carl Smith began an intuitively motivated and guided practice
      aimed at his own personal makeover. For the next 25 years he studied and practiced within a variety
      of spiritual traditions and schools of psychology. He holds an M.S. degree in psychology with an
      emphasis in counseling and organizational development.

      His first book, Do You See What I See? authored under the pseudonym of Jae Jah Noh, has been used
      in various spiritual and meditation groups and classes around the world, including the United
      States, England, and India. It contains four chapters that cover Mr. Smith’s personal experience of
      enlightenment and realization with short essays on how to overcome all obstacles to enlightenment,
      and how to meditate in a way that promotes enlightenment rather than inhibits it. Offering
      individual consultation and healing sessions, his work is to assist those sincerely interested in
      transformation on a personal and global level.

      Smith has lived in the Pacific Northwest for over twenty-five years. He works with individuals and
      groups who have a sincere interest in personal enlightenment or global transformation. You can
      reach Edwin Smith through his website, www.relentlesslove.com.

      ~ ~ ~

      You may read more about this book and order it at http://sentientpublications.com/catalog/relentless_love.php