#1997 - Wednesday, December 7, 2004

  • mark otter
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2004

      Nondual Highlights Issue #1997 Wednesday, December 7, 2004 Editor: Mark

       .

      The Trouble with Man is
      that he is continually reminded
      of what he is supposed to do... and to be.

      Most of what Man is told... he follows
      and it puts him in a Position
      that is outdated... old fashioned... and useless
      for Life is a Spontaneous Activity.

      Before this is understood by Man
      he is well on his way toward Godhood.

      MOST GROWN-UPS STILL PLAY THE GAME... SIMON SAYS

      - posted to CosmicCookies

      Like a parlor game in which questions are asked -- what is your favorite flower? Your favorite piece of music? My father was pacing up and down the long, red-tiled floor of the studio, firing questions at me: What about religion? What about politics? What are your ideas on morals? And so exultant because I answered them as he wished me to.

      It is as if he had educated me. He says, "We do not need to lie to each other." Always the same wish, not to have to lie, but we will, of course, at the first sign of danger, of vulnerability, of jealousy, of withdrawal; we will lie to make an illusory relationship, a perfect one, without wounds.

      - The Diary of Anais Nin, Volume I [1966], "May 1933", posted to AlphaWorld by Sandra

      This song of mine will wind its music around you,
      my child, like the fond arms of love.

      The song of mine will touch your forehead
      like a kiss of blessing.

      When you are alone it will sit by your side and
      whisper in your ear, when you are in the crowd
      it will fence you about with aloofness.

      My song will be like a pair of wings to your dreams,
      it will transport your heart to the verge of the unknown.

      It will be like the faithful star overhead
      when dark night is over your road.

      My song will sit in the pupils of your eyes,
      and will carry your sight into the heart of things.

      And when my voice is silenced in death,
      my song will speak in your living heart.

      This song of mine will wind its music around you,
      my child, like the fond arms of love.

      The song of mine will touch your forehead
      like a kiss of blessing.

      When you are alone it will sit by your side and
      whisper in your ear, when you are in the crowd
      it will fence you about with aloofness.

      My song will be like a pair of wings to your dreams,
      it will transport your heart to the verge of the unknown.

      It will be like the faithful star overhead
      when dark night is over your road.

      My song will sit in the pupils of your eyes,
      and will carry your sight into the heart of things.

      And when my voice is silenced in death,
      my song will speak in your living heart.

      - My Song by Rabindranath Tagore, posted to Nondualnow by Gloria Lee

      1185 Since the Silence of Self, which shines through the pure mind [the pure existence-consciousness which is devoid of all thoughts], alone turns out to be the gateway to Liberation, even though they proceed along any path which is agreeable [to them], that gate alone is the final refuge.

      Sadhu Om: Through whatever path one may proceed towards the state of Liberation, one can finally enter that state only through the gateway of Silence - the gateway of egolessness or mindlessness. Sri Bhagavan used to say, Through whatever road one may approach the town of liberation, in order to enter that town one must pay the toll-gate fee. That toll-gate fee is the destruction of one’s ego or mind.

      From the website: http://www.davidgodman.org/rteach/gvk_intro.shtml

      - posted to MillionPaths by Viorica Weissman

       .

      Listening to the prophet David play,
      psalms and music, a strange excitement

      came, presence and patience. Egyptian
      granaries full of grain *and* Joseph's

      handsomeness. Actual sun *and* nearness.
      Sky, undecided; earth, silent: in this

      precarious unknowing we live love
      doesn't want to say the name of Hu.

      You stay concealed. A falcon lights.
      How far away? Mount Sinai under Moses.

      The indications are that you are the one
      who appears, not again, but continuously.

      - Ode 2953, Version by Coleman Barks, with Nevit Ergin. The Glance, Viking-Penguin, 1999, posted to Sunlight

      SOMETHING WE LOST IN THE WOODS

      The highway is a dangerous serpent
      uncoiling in the windshield
      We deny reality at our own risk
      You never get away
      from the silence
      you never listen to

      My heart has taken a beating
      but nothing can take the beat
      My eyes are like nails
      looking for a hammer
      to drive them in
      all the way

      Lies die of exposure
      Nature's secret agent is love
      My heart is like a snake
      shedding its skin
      But this is just words
      not revelations to flash
      you a knowing smile

      We can't stop searching
      for something we lost
      in the woods
      that used to stand here
      in the same atmosphere
      we're still breathing

      - posted to SufiMystic by Steve Toth

      The whole of existence is in a very relaxed movement - movement there is, certainly, but it is utterly relaxed.

      Trees are growing and birds are chirping and rivers are flowing, stars are moving:
      everything is going in a very relaxed way... no hurry, no haste, no worry, and no waste, except man. Man has fallen a victim of his mind.

      Osho, posted to truevision by Eric Ashford

       .