#1933 - Sunday, September 26, 2004 - Editor: Gloria

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2004
      #1933 - Sunday, September 26, 2004 - Editor: Gloria

      Unconditional

      Willing to experience aloneness,
      I discover connection everywhere;
      Turning to face my fear,
      I meet the warrior who lives within;
      Opening to my loss,
      I gain the embrace of the universe;
      Surrendering into emptiness,
      I find fullness without end.
      Each condition I flee from pursues me,
      Each condition I welcome transforms me
      And becomes itself transformed
      Into its radiant jewel-like essence.
      I bow to the one who has made it so,
      Who has crafted this Master Game.
      To play it is purest delight;
      To honor its form--true devotion.

      Jennifer Welwood

      “I can depend less and less on my own power and sense of direction... I t is so strange to advance backwards and get where you are going in a totally unexpected way.”

      Thomas Merton wrote in a letter July 28, 1960

      from AlphaWorld list

      WHERE roads are made I lose my way.
      In the wide water, in the blue sky there is no line of a track.
      The pathway is hidden by the birds' wings, by the star-fires,
      by the flowers of the wayfaring seasons.

      And I ask my heart if its blood carries the wisdom of the
          unseen way.

      ~Rabindranath Tagore
      'Fruit-Gathering'

      from Allspirit Inspiration by Gill Eardley

      HSIN HSIN MING V7

      "The way is perfect like vast space
      where nothing is lacking and nothing is in excess"

      Commentary:

      "The true nature of things is continuously manifesting. When a dog barks or
      pees on the ground that dog's nature is in realization.....All things are
      always manifesting their true nature. We never look out at a tree and say
      "that tree is imperfect, that tree is not manifesting its true nature. We
      only look at ourselves and other human beings and say, "we are not
      manifesting our true nature."

      Genpo Dennis Merzel. "The Eye Never Sleeps"

      Black Oaks

      Okay, not one can write a symphony, or a dictionary,

      or even a letter to an old friend, full of remembrance
      and comfort.

      Not one can manage a single sound though the blue jays
      carp and whistle all day in the branches, without
      the push of the wind.

      But to tell the truth after a while I'm pale with longing
      for their thick bodies ruckled with lichen

      and you can't keep me from the woods, from the tonnage

      of their shoulders, and their shining green hair.

      Today is a day like any other: twenty-four hours, a
      little sunshine, a little rain.

      Listen, says ambition, nervously shifting her weight from
      one boot to another -- why don't you get going?

      For there I am, in the mossy shadows, under the trees.

      And to tell the truth I don't want to let go of the wrists
      of idleness, I don't want to sell my life for money,

      I don't even want to come in out of the rain.

      Mary Oliver

      Brute force crushes many plants. Yet the plants rise again. The Pyramids will not last a moment compared with the daisy. And before Buddha or Jesus spoke the nightingale sang, and long after the words of Jesus and Buddha are gone into oblivion the nightingale still will sing. Because it is neither preaching nor commanding nor urging. It is just singing. And in the beginning was not a Word, but a chirrup.

      D. H. Lawrence

      ON A DAY WHEN THE WIND IS PERFECT

      On a day
      when the wind is perfect,
      the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty.
      Today is such a
      day.

      My eyes are like the sun that makes promises;
      the promise of life
      that it always
      keeps

      each morning.

      The living heart gives to us as does that luminous sphere,
      both caress the earth with great
      tenderness.

      This is a breeze that can enter the soul.
      This love I know plays a drum.  Arms move around me;
      who can contain their self before my beauty?

      Peace is wonderful,
      but ecstatic dance is more fun, and less narcissistic;
      gregarious He makes our lips.

      On a day when the wind is perfect,
      the sail just needs to open
      and the love starts.

      Today is such
      a day.

      ~ Rumi ~

      (Love Poems From God: Twelve Sacred Voices from the East and West by Daniel Ladinsky)

      Web version: www.panhala.net/Archive/On_a_Day.html

      Web archive of Panhala postings:
      www.panhala.net/Archive/Index.html