Highlights Sun5Dec

  • andrew macnab
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 1999
      This was another day where there were too many brilliant posts (at least
      _I_ think they're brilliant) to include them all. These aren't even
      necessarily the best, just a sample, a taste.

      love, andrew

      *Meeting Judi*

      Yesterday, I picked up a rental car whose model names was "Intrigue"..
      color- silver. A fitting metaphor for my journey to meet Judi. During
      the scenic ride I listened to Gangaji's masterful audio set "Who are

      I drove up to a complex of buildings with Northern California
      aesthetics, and was greeted by Meriann, Judi's bright-light daughter who
      asked "are you looking for Judi?". How fun to meet Meriann!

      Judi came out of her door and overlooking the railing our eyes met. She
      said 'oh, you're beautiful'. I don't think anyone has ever greeted me
      that way.. the words still echo from the inner place they touched. I did
      not interpret them as reference to physicality.

      We had played with the idea of going to the boardwalk and having a
      'costume' photo taken to send to Jerry's 'Saloon', but as our eyes
      danced, the apparency was a meeting of a different tone.

      During the course of the afternoon

      .. our bodies moved through three exquisite settings... a beautifully
      designed round Satsang room where we sat and beheld the gift of meeting
      each other; a restaurant on the wharf overlooking the Bay and Ocean of
      Santa Cruz; and the magnificent Redwood U.C. campus (we drove my 22 year
      old daughter, Oriana, to a class).

      ...our psyches moved through the stories which have sculpted our lives,
      developing character and cracking open our hearts. We saw the Source of
      our respective strength.

      ... our souls remembered our identities as travelers through Infinity.

      What is Judi like you might ask..

      When I first encounted Judi here a year or so ago, she emerged on my
      screen as an enigma. Who was this woman who mostly contributes
      responsive one-liners... often with an 'edgy' tone? I've met the parts
      within myself which have felt amused, confused, irritated and even a tad
      fearful of her presence. In 'chat' I've met a much fuller range of her
      chord. In person.. an introduction to the Symphony.

      Yesterday was my birthday, I hadn't told her that meeting her was my
      gift to myself. At some point she asked about my sun sign and I
      smilingly told her.

      Judi is a strong, intelligent, beautiful woman with whom I could travel
      to the depths of the ocean floor and the height of the constellation
      moving through her eyes.. stopping at each juice joint along the way.

      It was great to laugh, to cry, to discover and to behold. Often we hear
      people speak about becoming lost in another's eyes. Yesterday I *found*
      myself in turquoise pools of reflected light.

      Oh, and Jerry.. I bought a disposable camera.. we took a few photos.. I
      just had them developed and now need to find a scanner. The tall goddess
      is Judi... the shorter creature at her side is yours truly. Who would
      suspect that within two such ordinary women reside such spirit vixens!

      I've changed the home page to the website again. More
      interesting. Updates everyday. Thanks to those who've give
      suggestions. Note the daily letter from the Salon (which
      I've always had), the photo of the Saloner of the week, and
      all kinds of other cool stuff.

      I'm really interested in a nondual take on news stories.
      David sunk his teeth into it with his Nondual Float story.

      I know there have been others that have been by-passed.
      Please visit the page often and contibute to areas of news,
      sports, fashion, entertainment, health, technology,
      business, travel, food, arts and style, society, nature,
      politics, etc. This is virgin territory, folks. Stake your
      claim now! What you write can be as short as a paragraph or
      it can be a full-blown article.

      The mouse on the road weeps for himself
      The mouse thinks of fresh air
      The mouse thinks of comfort and cheese.
      He doesn't think of a cat.
      A siamese cat describes his mind.

      In his dreams he flys like a bird
      in a blue sky.
      Outside, rain falls gently through the trees.
      The bed he has made is damp with sweat.
      If there was a flood, his bed can be remade.
      A mousetrap describes his mind.

      He dresses in the darkness and frees himself.
      He wears a mask of dust and feathers.
      He searches in vain.
      The mouse thinks of all his young as ancestors.
      He believes he is the apex.
      The microwave timer describes his mind.

      A lovely dream describes his mind.

      The mouse knows he will disappear.
      A spreading pool of blood inside his mind.

      His nails are sharp and his fur is soft.
      Peeling paint describes his mind.

      There is a camera lens that has been painted over.
      The mouses has sharp eyes that see through it.
      Night watches him rest and create the world.
      The fire, the baby mice.
      He sees, he hears.
      He makes all things himself.

      Dear List:
      What is the "life force" that animates us? It is said to be the
      Absolute that animates the body, yet when a body dies, the body still
      seems to be present. What is the difference between a "living body" and
      a "dead body?" If the body really existed, there could be no difference
      at all, if you take as fact that all is the Absolute.

      Tim (G)

      Dear Tim

      Your questions make sense, but attempting to arrive
      at that which is beyond reason by logical methods will
      necessarily lead to limited conclusions. At some point
      all of it - all temporary phenomena, including intellectual
      inquiry - has to be left behind.

      For me the question is not about whether the body, or
      matter in general, exists or not. I accept there is much
      that exists as transitory illusion. I prefer the question,
      "What is real and eternal?"

      Since even the most refined speculation is an expression
      of thought - a temporary and limited function - I avoid it.
      Whether there is an individual soul or not, there is
      awareness in/as me that which knows beyond all
      mind functions, my original nature.

      I experience myself as awareness which expands
      and deepens into the Universal with individual and
      unique timing and relevelatory moments.

      Letting every thing go -every idea, perception
      and interpretation - what remains?

      with love, xan

      Reality is whatever you define it to be. Seeking is simply the practices
      and processes of examining that definition....and of examining the
      relationships between the self of perception, emotions, thoughts,
      process and actions...and then redefining those relationships either
      through practice, intention or inspiration...if one argues that
      transcendence, i.e. a conclusion of the process that brings an
      individual to a totally new place of understanding or being-ness and
      that that place has similar/same characteristics or qualities for all
      people who "attain" or awaken......it suggests that there as an ultimate
      (penultimate) reality that is not contingent on our definitions of
      reality or our experiences of our wordly perceptions. So, what is
      real....the "reality" we start from or the "reality" we arrive/return
      to? Non-duality is the nature of insight....the sudden startling
      recognition that there is no wrong or right, no evil or good, no past or
      future, the incandescent gleam of now, infinite and expanding, producing
      well-being, balance and clarity HERE, NOW............is this state,
      real......is this available as an alternative permanent consciousness
      ...many suggest, yes.......if so it is different from "ordinary"
      consciousness...hence a duality.........on the other hand, it's all a
      part of the dance, moving through one to another, to appreciate each on
      its own terms and accept the great abundance and magnificent generosity
      and peace of existence......the receive the gift, that is reality.

      Love, Kristi

      Are you sure you mean to say this? That there is no right
      or wrong or good or evil? See this is where I see the
      difficulties arise. Because I am now unified or I have
      had a moment of self-awareness and am not identified
      with each thought, I look at my fragmented selves and
      rightfully assess that my perceptions of right and wrong
      were ego-based and subjective but does that really
      negate an objective right and wrong?

      Dear Marcia:

      These are morally difficult terrains to cover....and each must answer
      these questions for themselves. If the Holocaust moved universal
      consciousness about racism and the power of hate ahead thousands of
      years.....was it good or bad? For each individual subjective experience
      it was clearly hell...a bad thing.......

      When I lived in the streets and Simon came to me, a bitter, angry,
      violent, hurting man who, no doubt, had countless warrants out for his
      arrest......but came to me and said "I am feeling out of control; I'm
      afraid I'm going to hurt someone, help me" he did so because he knew I
      did not see him as bad.....(I gave him pastels and told him to draw; he
      was an incredible artist) my seeing him as Simon, the sum of his
      goodness, not the sum of his badness......gave him the grace and hope to
      find the "good" inside himself........is he either or? or did he become
      - being unable to define his own trajectory - what was projected at him
      .....He was really a gentle, tender soul, much abused and tortured in
      his life, who wanted nothing so much as to be "good" only he didn't know
      what that meant. He would bring me his drawings, his countenance lifted,
      and then return later to tell me about the good deeds he did that day,
      who he helped, what illegality he didn't commit. For that day, he was
      healed........because he was accepted as he appeared and honored for his
      gifts; not shamed for his flaws

      Had someone provided grace to Hitler at critical times the Holocaust
      might not have happened.

      Are there ill-effects in the world? Do people get hurt? Do we ourselves
      do harm? Of course. Can we change the course of those things .....
      often......by not seeing people as bodies, or as the things they do or
      say or think.....but by seeing them as the light that shines, their
      reality,......in this way "evil" is alway conquered by good.

      Transcendent moments in the presence of people one might otherwise
      define as bad or dangerous confer the capacity to see them as spirit
      ....beyond good/bad qualifiers....simply as the Holy Sons of God......
      there is great healing and peace in this.......and life is never seen as
      the same again. (In my case it brought about much pain and confusion in
      subsequent times because I can no longer see people the same way others
      see them. This is a problem in consensus reality......) Also, much "Bad"
      is created in the name of good.....and vice versa.....makes for some
      pretty slippery distinctions.

      To the degree that such recognition enhances the capacity to forgive
      .....(people who do bad things are ALWAYS asking for love, affirmation,
      even if they don't know it themselves)..... we can shortcut much of the
      "evil" that gets perpetutated through cycles of hate, reaction,
      judgement, justification, etc.. as a culture, we demonize "bad" people
      and sanction the right to hate them, thereby creating them. Our mania
      for personal responsibility and law and order and "paying the price";
      our love affair with punishment and retribution creates many more
      problems than it solves...

      Hi everyone. I just came across this link to a "paint" Java applet that
      is very, very cool. The applet starts with a central point and you move
      your mouse and it fills in lines and color. Then you erase and start
      over again, sort of like a mandala. Enjoy!

      more and more i discover that in my writing (all of my life) i had a
      wisdom which i am learning to listen to now. it is the old "where have
      i been all my life?" answered by-- "i was right here! you were busy
      tryin to look so smart!" hoo boy!
      was aleks st. stoopid!

      here is a song i wrote around the time of lady diana's funeral. i'm
      singing it at mine. . .

      Time's the executioner
      death is the guide
      money was love but there was nothing
      to buy
      nothing don't last long
      that's why i wrote this song
      that is time -- and you are why

      lights grow dim
      sirens scream
      a sense grew dull and
      time was not the guardian ((2 X))

      alchemy with imagery
      upon my creepin mind
      hope is cheap
      the thrill was never
      here to say good bye
      nothing don't last long
      that's why i wrote this song
      that is time and you are why
      bridege: time guards nothing time is not time time is not time is not
      time. . ..

      torrid scene with limousine
      watch me spark watch me scream
      put me on the cover of your magazine
      wind me up see what i mean
      you can buy your high
      or come down free
      become your own source of misery
      and that is time
      and you are why

      time guards nothing
      time is not time
      time is not time is not time

      words and music by gen berlin
      i hope we continue to plan for a gathering or two - the "zero fest"
      cause i would love to sing these songs for all of you!

      "stop children what's that sound?
      everybody look what's goin' down"

      heart here

      Spirit; can you hear it?