#1782 - Thursday, April 29, 2004 - Editor: Jerry

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 5:30 AM
      #1782 - Thursday, April 29, 2004 - Editor: Jerry

      Letter to the Editors: Click 'Reply', compose your message, and 'Send'. All the editors will see your letter.

      Dears:

      This Saturday is our sangha Practice Day (the first Saturday of each
      month), so we will not be sending quotes on that day.

      If anyone would like to join us, our Practice Day page with Guidelines
      and links to quotes and Tonglen Practice is at:
      http://www.angelsinc.com/dgsangha/dgsPractice.shtml

      See you on Sunday. ,^))
      Meanwhile, remember to take care of your precious self,
      love,
      dharma grandmother

      AllspiritInspiration

       Drink Your Tea

            Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis
            on which the world earth revolves - slowly, evenly, without
            rushing toward the future.  Live the actual moment.
            Only this moment is life.

           ~Thich Nhat Hanh

      Awakened Awareness

      You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table
      and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary.
      The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no
      choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.

      Franz Kafka

      The following was translated from the Irish/Gaelic by Paddy Bushe from the forthcoming volume 'Krishnamurphy Ambaist', by Gabriel Rosenstock http://www.worldhaikureview.org/2-3/fruitbat/pages/about.html

      PAPAJI

      On the point of death

      Papaji said:

      ‘Where is the Buddha?

      Bring him in! Bring him in!’

      The disciples heard

      Not one more syllable from him.

      Did the Buddha come in?

      How could he?

      He was never not there.

      Sam

      NDS

      Spent last weekend going to the Keukenhof (Kitchen Garden) and the beach at Noordwijk..

      Share the trip with us at:

      Adithya Comming
      NDS

      >>Why can't I destroy my ego?

      To destroy something it must exists.

      Ego is just a phantom, a fictious entity that gets created to go
      along with a bodymind when needed. And, sometimes there is a need for
      it ...specially for the protection of a form, a bodymind. The problem
      comes only when you try to carry it all the time, only when you feel
      this `need', `desire' all the time. Anything arising or ending in
      a `me' simply creates this need and acts as its fuel, catalyst.

      `Wanting' to destroy   ego ...is one way to create it.

      Let it just be and it dies. It can't exist on its own. It can't exist
      without a `want'.

      ###

      Trying to destroy ego is futile.

      It is simply a function not an entity.

      The functions gets executed when needed. Sits idle when it is not
      needed.

      Problem is feeling the `need' all the time.

      The `need' to destroy ego is ...just another need.

      "My job is to show that the great chasm between these dualities can be bridged and crossed, and perhaps isn't even there at all."

      Spotlight on: Raven Kaldera
      Together In Faith: Journey Into Inclusiveness

      By Jason Michael
      Originally printed 4/29/04 (Issue 1218 )

      A female-to-male transgendered activist and shaman, Raven Kaldera is a pagan priest, intersex transgender activist, parent, astrologer, musician and homesteader. Kaldera, who hails from Hubbardston, Mass., is also the author of "Hermaphrodeities: The Transgender Spirituality Workbook" from XLibris Press. The founder and leader of the Pagan Kingdom of Asphodel and the Asphodel Pagan Choir, Kaldera has been a neo-pagan since the age of 14, when he was converted by a "fam-trad" teen on a date. Since then, he's been through half a dozen traditions, including Gardnerian, Dianic, granola paganism, Umbanda, Heithnir, and the Peasant Tradition. He is currently happily married to artist and eco-experimentalist Bella Kaldera, with whom he co-founded the Institute for Heritage Skills.

      Between The Lines: What is faith?

      Raven Kaldera: Trust in the Powers That Be, however you see Them; trust as strong and stalwart as you can make it. Trust that They do see wider and longer than you, and that you have a unique path to follow with Their aid.

      BTL: What role does faith play in politics?

      RK: Faith has always played a role in politics, if only because faith creates worldview and is the guardian of values. The best thing that can happen to our country at this time, when it comes to faith, is for people to understand that diversity is a good thing, and that includes diversity of faith. I'm strongly ecumenicalist; I have a great respect for faith of any kind, so long as they have respect for my own faith, and I think that building bridges between faiths is important.

      BTL: What is the message that you hope to bring to the Together In Faith conference?

      RK: I'm an FTM transgendered, intersexual shaman. My very presence is as an avatar of crossing boundaries. I am a walker between worlds, in many ways - the mundane and the spirit worlds, male and female, intersex and transgender, ancient paganism and modern life, and many others. My job is to show that the great chasm between these dualities can be bridged and crossed, and perhaps isn't even there at all.

      Between The Lines is proud to be a sponsor of the American Friends Service Committee's Together In Faith conference. Scheduled for May 22, 2004, the conference is for people of all religions and spiritualities and aimed at creating LGBT-affirming communities. For more information, visit www.togetherinfaith.com