#1780 - Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - Editor: michael

  • Michael A. Read
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2004
      #1780 - Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - Editor: michael
      Letter to the Editors: Click 'Reply', compose your message, and 'Send'. All the editors will see your letter.

      The Wacky World of Non-Duality
      Dear Friends,
      One of the enduring symbols of spirituality is the ying yang. It represents the idea of opposites contained in the whole. And it can call for us to understand the totality of existance. We see the light in the darkness, the darkness in the light and perhaps we can come to some maturity in our outlook on the balance of life. But, what about those things that seem to be neither dark nor light, in other words those things that are - wacky?
      I've often defined non-duality as being an understanding that nobody and nothing is left out. Conciousness contains all. That being said, this edition offers a small look at the vast but sometimes silly side of conciousness.
      as ever - be well,

      Monument to Processed Cheese Planned

      MOSCOW (Reuters) - Moscow, not short of monuments, will soon boast one to a Soviet-era processed cheese.

      Writer Viktor Shenderovich said Tuesday that the Karat cheese factory in Moscow had invited him onto a jury to select a design for a bronze monument to Russia's oldest brand of processed cheese -- Druzhba, or 'friendship'.

      The soft, white, shiny cheese comes in small squares wrapped in foil -- and has long been a cult snack to go with vodka.

      "In the most difficult times, it was hard to live without it, and much easier to live with it," Shenderovich told Ekho Moskvy radio.

      Octopus Ice Cream (Taco Aisu)

      Want to tantalize the taste buds with a tentacle? If so, Octopus Ice Cream is the go. Japanese have been able to come up with an amazing variety of uses for octopus, ranging from delicacy to porno movie prop. Little wonder that octopus has found its way into ice cream, then.

      Save Our

      Statement of Purpose:
      The Save Our Gravity movement is dedicated to preserving the earth's vital gravitational field. We recognize that we are all inter-connected in the universal web of gravity and that the breaking of one link in the web could mean disaster for us all. So, join us in helping to save the gravity in your neighborhood and throughout the world.

      The Partridge Family Temple
      You have just found the key to eternal enlightenment.

      This is a pretty strange world we live in, huh? On the one hand, we’ve got an excess of miracles and mysteries, like life, love, and sexy lesbian nurses. On the other hand: death, dying, and the dead. And yes, I mean killer zombies.

      How does the average person make sense of all these things? How can we put a universe so vast and strange in a perspective that we all can understand? Sadly, we can’t. Our little brains can’t do it. We’re just natures top animal, a little smarter than all others, but still lead around by our random, primitive, and base impulses. Forever unable to see a bigger picture, we’re destined for little else than the occasional, empty epiphany, and maybe one or two good dumps now and then.

      So if you’re pissed like me, come along on our journey as we set out to find The Guy with All the Answers, The CEO of Existence, Sugar Daddy Extraordinaire, GOD!!

      God loves blondes too

      A blonde finds herself in serious trouble. Her business has gone bust and she's in dire financial straits. She's so desperate that she decides to ask God for help. She begins to pray... "God, please help me. I've lost my business and if I don't get some money, I'm going to lose my house as well. Please let me win the lotto."

      Lotto night comes, and somebody else wins it.

      She again prays... "God, please let me win the lotto! I've lost my business, my house and I'm going to lose my car as well."

      Lotto night comes and she still has no luck.

      Once again, she prays... "My God, why haveYou forsaken me? I've lost my business, my house, and my car.
      My children are starving. I don't often ask You for help, and I have always been a good servant to You. PLEASE let me win the lotto just this one time so I can get my life back in order."

      Suddenly there is a blinding flash of light as the heavens open. The blonde is overwhelmed by the Voice of God Himself...

      "Sweetheart, work with Me on this... First, go buy a ticket.

      The sax player died and went to heaven. After he entered the pearly gates, he was directed by St. Peter to the local jazz band's rehearsal studio. When he walked into the studio, the sax player was overjoyed to see that in the sax section were John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderly, and Jerry Mulligan. The rest of the group was made up of equally great players, including the leader of the band, Duke Ellington. The sax player was so overcome with joy at the prospect of playing with such great musicians he exclaimed to Duke, "What a band! It must be great to conduct a group like this!" Duke Ellington replied, "Yeah. Well...It's okay, I guess." The sax player was shocked. He asked, "How can you say that? This band has all of the greatest musicians there ever were! What's wrong?" Duke Ellington replied, "Well, you see...God's got this girlfriend, and she sings..."

      Welcome to the Sea Monkey Worship Page

      Some people say that Señor Flan doesn't really exist.. However, us true believers know that he comes to our houses every December 25th and leaves flan for the entire family.  Sadly, he is overshadowed by that pushy, greedy Santa Claus who eats the heavenly flan before families wake up in the morning.

      The story of Señor Flan began in a magical land far far away (otherwise known as Spain), where he was once a human prince.  He was the Martha Stewart of his time, inventing the wonderful dish for one of his many dinner parties (along with a beautiful pine cone wreath and napkins hand-woven from hay).  The dish was so popular that someone mentioned how fabulous it was.  "Flan-vulous?" the prince said, misunderstanding the compliment. Once the confusion was cleared up, he said,  "Why, that is the perfect name for this delectable dish! FLAN!!"

      One day God was looking down to earth and saw all the evil going on.

      He decided to send an angel down to earth to check it out. So, he called on a female angel and sent her to earth for a time.

      When she returned she told God, yes, it was bad on earth - 95 percent of people were bad and only 5 percent were good.

      Well, God thought for a moment and said that maybe he had better send down a male angel and so get both points of view. So God called a male angel and sent him down to earth for a time.
      When the male angel returned, he went to God and told him - yes, the earth was in decline. Ninety-five percent were bad and 5 percent were good.

      God said that this was not good. He would send a letter to the 5 percent of people that were good to encourage them and give them something to help keep them going.

      Do you know what the letter said?

      Oh, so you didn't get one either?

      http://www.ruprecht.com/  yes, it's the psychic chicken network

      Welcome to the Psychic Chicken Network(tm)
      Est. July 20th, 1995. The world has been saved at least 1,000,000 times since January 1996.

      Okay, Bucko, here’s the drill...

      You got questions, I got answers. Look, I already know what yer gonna ask, but I'm gonna make ya say it anyways, see? So ya know who’s in charge here. And no wisecracks about blue chickens either, or somethin’ very unpleasant could happen, if you get my drift.

      And now for a few words about Mad Cow Disease...

      How do ya work this thing? Thought ya’d never ask. Just form a question deep in yer brain, concentrate (don't strain yerself, Bucko) and click one of my really cool buttons. I’ll take it from there.

      Oh yeah, I almost forgot. If my answer doesn’t fit yer question, ya weren’t concentratin’ or ya clicked the wrong button. Get over it!

      Still here? (You really are easliy amused aren’t you!) Okay fine.

      Click here for why I crossed the road, here for the good & bad news, here if you love animals, here to see my 1967 Saab, here to see our first rally win, and here to meet my brother from Senegal!

      Don’t be a weak weasel, Bucko. Yer gonna do it, so just do it.