#1740 - Thursday, March 18, 2004

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2004
      #1740 - Thursday, March 18, 2004 - Editor: Jerry

      Highlights Home Page: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Letters to the Editors: Click 'Reply', compose message, and 'Send'. All the editors will see your letter.

      Bonne Mère - Savon pour le Corps
      Des savons délicatement parfumés, pour nettoyer la peau en douceur.

      Récolte de la Lavande - Savon Cube aux graines de Lavande
      Un vrai savon de Marseille traditionnel, parsemé de graines de lavande.

      Récolte de la Lavande - Savon Fuseau Lavande
      Un savon extra-doux à base d’huile essentielle de Lavande A.O.C.

      ~ ~ ~

      Wash you face with water with mindfulness.
      Do it nicely and use soap, water, wash your face with towel.
      Wash your face with mindfulness.
      --Venerable Zasep Tulku Rinpoche

      The Body Shop

      http://www.thebodyshop.com/

      Mission Statement

      • To dedicate our business to the pursuit of social and environmental change.
      • To creatively balance the financial and human needs of our stakeholders: employees, customers, franchisees, suppliers and shareholders.

      • To courageously ensure that our business is ecologically sustainable: meeting the needs of the present without compromising the future.

      • To meaningfully contribute to local, national and international communities in which we trade, by adopting a code of conduct which ensures care, honesty, fairness and respect.

      • To passionately campaign for the protection of the environment, human and civil rights, and against animal testing within the cosmetics and toiletries industry.

      • To tirelessly work to narrow the gap between principle and practice, whilst making fun, passion and care part of our daily lives.
      Milk Soap

      An opaque, creamy, luxurious bar soap containing organic milk powder
      and vitamin E to moisturize and cleanse the skin. Use it with a body
      buffer or alone in the shower to cleanse and smooth. 4.5 OZ

      Coconut Soap

      Contains coconut oil to condition your skin during cleansing.

      Shea Soap

      All the moisturizing properties of shea butter in a soap. Contains
      Community Traded shea butter. 3.5 oz.

      ~ ~ ~

      I pace the sidewalk
      under a white soap moon --
      --Janet I. Buck

      Eau de Linge (linen water)

      Pour our fragranced water into your iron before ironing shirts and
      linens or mist on bed sheets for a relaxing journey to the South of
      France.

      Sandstone

      Ingredients: Sand, Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Sodium Palm Kernelate,
      Sodium Stearate, Perfume, Litsea Cubeba Oil, Coriander Oil (Coriandrum
      Sativum), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia
      Jasminoides)

      We find our Brazilian customers. obsession with sand very interesting.
      They work very hard on keeping their skin very smooth and supple,
      mostly because it.s on show such a lot, and they are always begging us
      for products to help them. Ro, who loves going to Brazil to see the
      Lush shops, to dance in the carnival and go out all night with our dead
      flashy Brazilian partners, learned about their sand thing* and asked
      for sand products. Sandstone is our new sand soap. It smells fantastic
      - stimulating, lemony litsea cubeba with detoxifying coriander oil .
      and works brilliantly. Use the soapy side for washing your whole body
      then use the sandy side for your heels and soles, elbows, knees and
      even your buttocks, if they really need some serious exfoliation.
      (*They sit on the beach and rub sand with suntan oil into their thighs
      and buttocks to keep them really smooth.)

      Figs and Leaves

      Ingredients: Fig Decoction (Ficus Carica), Sodium Palm Kernelate,
      Glycerine, Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), Perfume, Ylang Ylang
      Oil (Cananga Odorata), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus Dulcis),
      Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA,

      Lovely, nourishing, rich and soft, stacked with fresh figs and aloe
      vera, the new Figs and Leaves feels more like a moisturizer than a
      soap. The aloe vera and figs moisturize your skin and the tiny seeds
      exfoliate as you wash. Scent - divine. Orange blossom instills euphoria
      and ylang ylang is known for its aphrodisiac properties (figs and
      leaves, Hmmm). Colour - sludgy. Presentation - you get a slice off a
      big block with vine leaves on top, looks like a delicious, figgy
      Bavarois.

      ~ ~ ~

      They are all here, six pebbles, one, two, three, four, five, six. In the other bag I have also six. They are bigger, like this. After having picked them up outside, I used soap to wash them carefully, and I dry them. Then I put them into a bag like this. I think today you may like to make your own pebble bag.
      --Thich Nhat Hanh

      Savon de Marseilles

      Big blocks of olive oil based soap have been crafted for one thousand
      years in the South of France. Since 1688 French law has declared that
      only soaps that are produced by following certain ancient methods, and
      containing only the purest ingredients, shall bear the famous mark
      “Savon de Marseille.”

      It takes the Maitre de Savon (soapmaster) two weeks to make Marseille
      Soap. The delicate mixture of olive and vegetable oils, alkaline ash
      from sea plants and Mediterranean Sea salted water are heated for ten
      days in antique cauldrons.

      Cleanse your mind with the soap of concentration, and wash it with the water of meditation.
      --Remez Sasson