Issue # 1569, Saturday, Sept 27, 2003

  • Christiana Duranczyk
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2003

      NDH Issue # 1569
      Saturday, September 27, 2003
      Editor: Christiana

      This edition of the Highlights includes extracts from online newsletters, not lists.

      Gay Hendricks -It's wise to remember that the quality of your life is not about how many breaths you get to take but how many moments you have that take your breath away.

      Wayne Dyer - 10 Secrets Daily Planner (free download to members of Consciousone)

      A powerful daily planner based on the Ten Secrets of Success and
      Inner Peace by Wayne Dyer. Gift yourself by refreshing your daily
      schedule around these ten powerful principles and watch your life
      transform each and every day!

      Daily Journal #10: Wisdom Is Avoiding All Thoughts That Weaken You

      Every single thought you have can be assessed in terms of whether it
      strengthens or weakens you. Authentic wisdom is the ability to
      monitor yourself at all times to determine your relative state of
      weakness or strength, and to shift out of those thoughts that weaken
      you. In this way, you keep yourself in an upbeat, higher state of
      consciousness, and you prevent your thoughts from weakening every
      single organ of your body. When you use your mind to empower you,
      you're appealing to that which uplifts and raises your spirits. A
      thought of force requires a counter-force, and a battle that weakens;
      while a thought of power strengthens you, since no counter-force is
      called into play to consume your energy. Power thoughts energize you,
      since they make no demands on you.

      Write down three power thoughts you can read over and over today
      and focus on during today's tasks and doings.

      Michael Gluckman: Light up your Life  http://www.light-up-you-life.com

      Ramana Maharshi

      You and I are the same.
      What I have done is surely possible for all.
      You are the Self
      now and can never be anything else.
      Throw your worries to the wind,
      turn within and find Peace.

      Sri Ramana Maharshi
      Thus Spake Ramana
      by Swami Rajeswarananda
      © Sri Ramanasramam

      In your meditations feel this out:

      1) You are aware of the world and all of the limitation that the world seems to put on you. Therefore you are naturally beyond the boundaries of the world.

      2) You are aware of the body and everything that makes it up. Therefore you are naturally beyond the boundaries of the body.

      3) You are aware of the life force such as breath and digestion, so you are naturally beyond the limitations of your life force.

      4) You are aware of the mind with its maze of
      feelings and thinking that seems to box you in.
      So you are naturally beyond the mind.

      5) You are aware of the state of nothingness
      like in deep sleep, so you are even beyond
      that.

      6) Finally, you are aware of the subject, the
      thought that you take to be 'I', so you are even
      beyond that.

      7) You don't see the awareness. You know the
      awareness because you are the awareness.

      In your meditation practice, step by step consider each of
      these. For more details on each step see "
      Making Your
      Wisdom Come Alive
      ".

      Photo: Falung Gong meditation exercises Civic Center, San Francisco

      Daily Zen http://www.dailyzen.com/journal.asp

      In the beginning of practice we are fixated on our own progress and your host, the monkess
      understanding. As we train further our ability to help others grows,
      whether in clarifying a technique or in sensing when a few kind words
      are needed. To continue in practice involves moving beyond our own
      personal practice to an awareness of the needs of others as well. The
      dissolution of the separation between self and others is more than an
      intellectual construct; our actions demonstrate how deeply
      Understanding has penetrated. Actions always speak louder than
      words, discussions, and concepts.

      Compassion is a powerful doorway into a life of practice. How many of
      us will choose a life of compassion in action? Each moment we stand
      at a crossroads; every action reveals our heart.

      Enjoy a compassionate Equinox,
      The Monkess

      Kees Schreuders: Standpoints, light, darkness, letters, words, stories,
      bliss, toothache. Does consciousness prove itself by playfully pointing
      to itself with these words?

      Jan Kersschot: It is like being aware without interference, or 'being a
      witness without judging'. It is about simply being. Then all that is left
      is 'what is'. This 'Beingness' doesn't originate from restlessness nor
      from a battle against evil, it is just naturally available from a Oneness
      with what is without there being anyone who can lay claim on this
      Oneness.

      http://tinyurl.com/ozaa  Jan's website: www.kersschot.com

      Leo Hartong: ATTD http://www.awakeningtothedream.com/newsletter/

      From the book 'Awakening to the Dream.'

      Throughout this text, I'll keep reminding you of
      the book's conceptual nature and of the fact
      that this writing is simply a pointer or signpost,
      constantly repeating the same directions in
      different ways. Climbing the signpost will not
      get you to your destination. It is like Zen
      describing itself as "a finger pointing to the
      moon." If you focus on the finger, you will miss
      the luminosity at which it is pointing.

      The moon for this textual finger is the ultimate
      subject, or that which cannot be made into an
      object. It is the source beyond space and time,
      which escapes all attempts at labeling and yet
      has been given many names, such as God, the
      ultimate ground of being, The Tao, your original
      face, or the deep Self.

      Q & A

        Question: Really enjoyed all the excerpts and
        newsletters. Your explanation is profound and
        understood, perhaps only because I have been
        reading about the awareness/observer for so
        long. Unfortunately, I get in this loop of my
        mind trying to go beyond my mind, out of the
        ego.
        "So nothing happens. I decided to put off the
        awareness until I die! Otherwise it is too
        painful and I cannot cope with this life."
        Answer: The main thing to see is that there is
        no 'I' to either get in or out of the loop. It is
        also not 'your' mind it is just mind. Nor is it you
        that has to see this. There is just seeing
        without someone doing the seeing. The
        command structure of our language demands
        there to be an 'I' to do the seeing and then it is
        forgotten that this 'I' itself is nothing but
        language/thought. The 'I' in 'I think' has as
        much substance as the 'it' in 'it rains.'
        Observe and see that thoughts simply come up
        without a you doing the thinking and they will
        no longer be seen as problematic. It is just
        what is, complete to ItSelf and in no need of
        alteration or modification. It can also be seen
        that something is aware of the minds activity,
        otherwise it could not be reported. This
        Awareness can not be an object to itself. It is
        the knowing that cannot be known and the
        seeing that can not be seen. Realizing that
        THAT is what you truly are, is not an experience
        for some one; it is the inexperience-able
        experiencing itself. You Are THAT.
        Waiting for this to become clear is again just
        self arising and spontaneous thought, which is
        just the way IT appears to ItSelf and not 'you'
        not getting it. Everything is IT and you are
        THAT. It is not about something that you can
        put of until you die; IT is what you truly are,
        just like the wave and the ocean are nothing
        but 'One Water.' This is so, even when IT is
        expressing AS an apparent separate you and
        everything else that appears; including, stars,
        birds and doubts whether or not this is really
        so.
        As you said 'nothing happens.' It is as it is and
        there is no need to wait for an experience. All
        experiences come and go, but THAT which is
        aware of them does not come and go. It is the
        Aware Space in which it all arises and
        dissolves, just like yesterday's thoughts came
        up and dissolved again.
        There is no you that has a life to cope with.
        Life is simply 'living' life and IT does it also AS
        'you.' Painfulness may arise, pleasure may
        arise, but THAT in and to which it arises is the
        uncaused joy that knows no opposites. IT is the
        still heart at the centre of the storm, IT is the
        self shinning mirror, unaffected by whatever is
        reflected in it. You are THAT.