#1486 - Tuesday, July 8, 2003

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2003
      Issue #1486 - Tuesday, July 8, 2003 - Editor: Jerry

      Martin Jordan
      NDS

      Well Gene,
      this is Ken Wilber speaking.
      I appreciate your comments regarding my work
      and like to make a few comments
      -- just to get perspectives right.

      First of all in the context of a postmetaphysic
      integralistic approach to Wilberism i have
      to admit that your statments are true,
      simply because everybody is right in the first place.
      Although there seems to be a certain postmodern flatlandish
      ironism behind what you are saying, a deeper analysis
      of what you said reveals that some of my buttons
      were pushed to hard to remain silent.
      Given the integral development of
      my own work i have 5 different answers to you
      and for easier reference will label them from

      "Wilber-1" to "Wilber-5" **

      1.) The Wilber-1 answer to your description is simply
      that you missed the point because everything is Atman
      and what your wrote is just another Atman-Project
      meaning nothing, while the real Atman simply dwells
      and abides as That... making everything else unreal, especially
      you, (you little annoying critic!)

      2.) For the Wilber-2 answer you have to take a
      developmental-historical perspective on Consciousness to see
      the real relevance or non-relevance of what you stated.
      Out of the archaic primal Consciousness that constituted man
      there was given rise to what Jean Gebser calls the magical-Structure.
      This is when you create a picture of Something and dissociate
      that Picture with Reality, not yet having any differentiation
      between Self and Others. Don#T you see that this is exactly what you
      did. Sham-an you!

      3.) My Wilber-3 answer makes excessive use of an multidimensional
      All-Quadrant-All-Level graphic which incorporates all true
      approaches to everything anyone has ever thought, but unfortunately
      it is too large to present her, so simply think of the Sky
      over the Andes on a clear Novembernight. Your Statement
      would be at  Coordinates 17;24;3 and could only be seen
      with a Mega-Tescopy if you try really hard.
      I reserved that place for you long tome ago.
      Its located between Crazy Cat and Fatty Airbuckle....

      4.) My Wilber-4 answer will be presented as a footnote to an essay
      that will be published in the next months. What it comes down to
      is that most critics have simply not understood what i am saying
      and you are just another one if these guys.....

      5.) With my Wilber-5 answer i just want to come back
      to the essentials, so i just give a quote
      of my soon to be published work
      "The Integral Salon vs. The NonDuality-Saloon"
      pg. 876-877:

      Another reference to male centres of salons is the american culture
      of "Salons" in the beginning of the settlements in the west.
      Cultural Anthropolgy and Ethnologic studies give us an idea of how
      and why the centres of these saloons were wild,male and totally
      unorthodx in their admiration of integral-cowboy-ism.
      Although thes "Salons" were called "Saloons" there mere existence is
      an argument for our thesis that cannot be overssen: That here lies
      the basis for every salon- might it be archaic, Magical, Mythical or
      rational- and that out of the centre of these Saloons the true
      spirirt evolved , which had nothing in common with the flatlandish
      unbalanced approaches of the cultural-creative-relativism that
      occupies our best Bars nowadays. In fact it was a wild orgy with
      music, alcohol, cigarettes and girls that gives us an opprtunity to
      acknowledge our ever-present nature in the midst of absurd card-
      playing, shootings and comna-drinking. The female cultural saloon
      of today could only arise from this historic-blueprint of the cowboy-
      saloon because -as genderstudies clearly show- the male-centered
      culture at that time was not ready for female-cyclic versions. So
      both version are treu but must be seen in regard to their relative
      histerycall-context. Only then the beauty of both of them
      will shine in the eye of ever-drunken observer and the smell of the
      blossoms of integral-salons will be a constant prayer in the noses of
      theorginal face of everyone who really wants to party

      Yours

      Ken

      ** Note that this is an open-end Hierarchy which
      reflects the state-of-the-art sociologic-psychological-scientific
      approach to everything. On further Interest please read all of my
      works. ***b23

      ***b23 This is an endnote to confuse you

      -------------------

      -- another Egghead-simulation by: Martin
      -- Postmetaphysic Integral Arch Kadosh Knight
      -- of the Order of Conscious-Mechanical-Non-Action
      --
      --- pps.: i love Ken & his work

      The sun with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it can
      still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.

      Galileo
      from Talking Stick Wisdom list

      Chris Damitio
      Gonzobeats list

      Ground Scores....

      I've been having some incredible luck ground scoring to keep myself
      with a little cash in my pocket.  Two days ago I found some books, a
      hotplate, a bunch of litttle stuff, and a bike frame that my buddy
      the Cajun helped me put a bunch of components off a broken old bike I
      had on...now it's a really comfortable bike that has all working
      parts! I traded a couple of the other parts from the old bike for
      things I needed at a local workers bike co-op here in SE Portland.
      Yesterday me and the Cajun rode all over Portland and I came back
      with a backpack full of books I'm going to go try to sell at Powells
      today.

        Oh , by the way, for those of you unsure what groundscore is, it is
      when you find something in a freebox on the sidewalk, or sitting next
      to the dumpster. Basicly something you score off the ground.  The
      best groundscore of the week was the bike frame but a close second is
      a nearly complete set of Tarot cards. I replaced the missing cards
      and have been getting t know the dcck. When I first got to Waikiki
      and had no money, I would go out and give people gift readings with
      the caveat..if you enjoy the reading or get something from it I
      encourage you to give me a gift too. I got taken out to dinner, given
      cash, smoked out,  etc. So finding this deck when I'm as strapped as
      I am is a full on bonus. Also found some guitar books with a lot of
      seventies songs in them to make my street musicaian performance that
      much better.

      cheers!

      chris

      Daily Dharma

      ”The way of the Great Eastern Sun, is based on seeing that there is a natural source of radiance and brilliance in this world – which is the innate wakefulness of human beings.

      The dawn of the Great Eastern Sun, is based on actual experience.  It is not a concept.  You realize that you can uplift yourself, that you can appreciate your existence as a human being.  Whether you are a gas station attendant or the president of your country doesn’t really matter.  When you experience the goodness of being alive, you can respect who and what you are.  You need not be intimidated by lots of bills to pay, diapers to change, food to cook, or papers to be filed.  Fundamentally, in spite of all these responsibilities, you begin to feel that it is a worthwhile situation to be a human being, to be alive, not afraid of death.” ~~Chogyam Trungpa

      From the book,  “Shambhala, The Sacred Path of the Warrior,” published by Shambhala

      Mystical-Poetry Competition Under Way

      MADRID, Spain, JULY 7, 2003 (Zenit.org).- The Fernando Rielo Foundation is looking for a few good mystical poets.

      The group announced the competition for the 23rd World Award for Mystical Poetry, open to all unpublished books of poetry presented in Spanish or English.

      The subject of the award is mystical poetry which, according to the organizers, is that poetry "which expresses the spiritual values of man in their most profound meaning."

      The works must be presented by their authors, and must have 600 to 1,300 verses. Works translated into English or Spanish are also eligible to compete. The deadline for submission of originals is Oct. 15.

      Fernando Rielo Pardal, founder of the Idente Missionaries, defines mystical poetry as the expression "with sufficient poetic dexterity of the diverse ways of the most intimate personal experience, in love and pain, that the soul has in its union with God: under the concept of the Most Holy Trinity, the Christian poet; under the concept of God alone, the non-Christian poet."

      More details are at www.rielo.com

      Jan Barendrecht
      NDS

      Anagrams

      a cosmic truth  -  truth as comic
      political veracity  -  pictorially active
      literal veracity  -  active artillery
                               -  vertical reality
      bush senior sees  -  business heroes
      the single veracity  -  hearty clients give
      the scientific truth  -  fetch rich institute
      life's veracity  -  actively fires
      dual veracity  -  virtual decay
      the nondual veracity  -  underneath vocality
      an odd anagram - ramana and dog
      undramatic - rumi and cat
      mad irish fun - rumi and fish
      just oneness - jesus, no nets!