# 1458 - Wednesday, June 11, 2003

  • Know Mystery
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2003

      #1458 - Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - Editor: Joyce (Know_Mystery)

      Timeless

      Eric Ashford

      [TrueVision]

      Bodhi Leaf

      Bodhi Leaf

      photo by Laurence Ranson

      Timeless

      Up from behind the green slope of heaven

      children are appearing

      singing a Golden Buddha-Land song.

      I am washing my hands

      in the happy music -

      just a stone buddha

      melting into Spring water.

      Timeless.

      Hazrat Inayat Khan quoted by Gloria Lee ~ AllSpirit (forwarded from AlongTheWay - MJM Gilbert)

      "The end and the sum total of all mysticism,
      philosophy, and meditation, of everything one
      learns and develops, is to be a better servant
      to humanity. Everything from the beginning to
      the end in the spiritual path is a training to be
      able to serve mankind better, and if one does
      not do it with that intention, one will find in the
      end that one has accomplished nothing."

      ~ Hazrat Inayat Khan ~

      "Mastery Through Accomplishment";Omega Press

      Harmonics

      Bill Rishel

      Harmonics

      Harmonics

      click to enlarge

      Drawing by Bill Rishel

      Kabir Helminski quoted by Gill Eardley ~ AllSpirit

      fragmentation

      THE DIVINE REALITY HOLDS US ALL IN ITS MERCY,
      AND yet the needs of humanity at this unprecedented time
      are very great. Our humanness is more challenged than ever
      before. We are swimming in a tide of unconsciousness,
      consumerism, mindnumbing distraction, aimless subjectivity,
      neurotic individualism, and philosophical fragmentation. The
      artificial conditions of modern industrial and postindustrial
      societies are accelerating time, increasing stress, isolating
      individuals, reducing our human interactions, corroding our
      hearts, and fragmenting every aspect of our existence. We
      have lost the sense and purpose of life. As we have lost our
      wholeness, we have fashioned a world that is not a garden
      but a place where people are enslaved, where the beauties
      of nature are pillaged, and where unjust and unnecessary
      wars destroy what the human heart would create.

      The fragmentation that we see on the level of society is, of
      course, only mirroring what we are inside. The compulsive
      ego is not a unified tyranny but a many-headed monster, a
      shape-shifting phantom. The fragmentation of the self is
      the fundamental cause of all our problems, and this
      fragmentation is the direct result of our loss of an objective
      knowledge of the self and Reality.

      We are living in a time when the knowledge of all the world's
      spiritual traditions is available to more and more human beings.
      We can no longer easily maintain the kind of blind faith and
      insularity than suited human beings of former times.

      For many people this is an experience of the relativity of all
      approaches to the Divine. Many people are struggling with the
      question from where will we draw our certainty, our faith, our
      commitment to spiritual discipline? One of the most pressing
      questions of our time is: Do we live in a postreligious,
      postdenominational era? And if we do, from where will we
      draw our discipline and practice?

      From: 'The Knowing Heart' ~ Kabir Helminski

      Benny ~ NDS

      Sandhill Crane
      Sandhill Crane

      The sandhill cranes are all over the place
      They are pretty fearless or could it be their small
      brains? No matter--it is seldom that we see two offspring
      usually they come in threes.

      Photo & Quote by Benny ~ NDS ~

      Yosy Flug ~ SufiMystic

      my friends, the poets....

      the poet is

      like a flute

      shaping the breath

      into a melody

      true poet

      shapes his life

      into a breath

      of the divine. . .

      hollow from self

      touched by intuition

      life breath becomes a tune

      in the symphony of being

      yosy

      ps: when you read/hear a poem

      and it touches your heart

      it is because

      you yourself

      are the endless

      poem

      of life

      Sri Ramana Maharshi quoted by Jan Sultan ~ SufiMystic

      Questioner: I find surrender is easier. I want to adopt that path.

      Sri Ramana Maharshi: By whatever path you go, you will have to lose yourself in the One. Surrender is complete only when you reach the stage '`Thou art all' and `Thy will be done'.

      The state is not different from Jnana (knowledge). In Soham (the affirmation of `I am He') there is Dvaita (dualism). In surrender there is Advaita (non-dualism). In the Reality there is neither Dvaita nor Advaita, but that which is. Surrender appears easy because people
      imagine that, once they say with their lips '` surrender'' and put their burdens on their Lord, they can be free and do what they like. But the fact is that you can have no likes or dislikes after your surrender; your will should
      become completely non-existent, the Lord's will taking its place. The death of the ego in this way brings about a state, which is not different from Jnana (knowledge). So by whatever path you may go, you must come to Jnana or oneness.

      ~ Sri Ramana Maharshi ~

      Balkesar quoted by Jan Sultan ~ SufiMystic

      Spiritual Progress

      The surest sign of spiritual progress is a total lack of concern about progress. There is an utter absence of anxiety about anything like liberation and a sort of hollowness in one's being, a kind of looseness and
      involuntary surrender to whatever might happen.

      ~ Balsekar ~

      Nisargadatta quoted by Jan Sultan  ~ SufiMystic

      Suffering is due to non-acceptance

      Whatever may be the situation, if it is acceptable, it is pleasant. If it is not acceptable, it is painful. What makes it acceptable is not important; the cause may be physical, or psychological, or untraceable; acceptance is the decisive factor. Obversely, suffering is due to non-acceptance. Why [shouldn't pain be acceptable]? Did you ever try? Do try and you will find in pain a joy which pleasure cannot yield, for the simple reason that acceptance of pain takes you much deeper than pleasure does.

      ~ Nisargadatta ~

      Jerry Katz ~ NDS

      yeah, who?

      who wrote a message on the back of a sheet of paper

      containing my private notes

      how did they get hold of my page of private notes

      i was so careful

      i locked my room and hid the key

      but now this

      these were private notations about things I think about

      about plans, schemes and dreams

      about money, people, places and things

      about what could be and how it could be

      who would steal my notes and write a stupid message on the back of it

      oh

      wait

      it just occurred to me

      the message was written a couple of weeks ago

      they wrote the message on a blank sheet of paper

      there was nothing written on the reverse side when the
      message was written

      blank, pure, new

      it has only been since the message was written

      that i used its reverse side to write my private notes

      Tim Gerchmez ~ NDS

      Which OS (Operating System) Are You?

      http://bbspot.com/News/2003/01/os_quiz.php

      fewtch is: Apple DOS 3.1

       (BS... give me a good Commodore 64 and
      programmer's reference guide anytime, and stand back! ;-)

      Bill Rishel

      Dream Quest

      Dream Quest

      click to enlarge

      Art by Bill Rishel

       Uncutting Tao

        To identify is to define.
        To define is to distinguish.
        To distinguish is to sense a this and a that.
        To sense a this and a that is to sense
          a here and a there.
        To sense a here and a there is to be
          absorbed now here, now there.
        To be absorbed now here, now there,
          is to be broken into portions,
          to move in cycles,
          to be not still,
          to know restlessness.

        To identify this is to identity self.
        To identify that is to identify thing.

        How does this all begin?

        In the separation of things a sense of
          actuality arises.
        When the bubble pops
        We are again in the
          silent oneness
        Witnessing, flowing,
          unfolding beyond/within.

      Yosy Flug ~ Chishtiyya

      Remember, there is only one way to meet real friends, wherever you go: be a true friend.

      Do you Yahoo!?