#1456 - Monday, June 9, 2003

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2003
      Issue #1456 - Monday, June 9, 2003 - Editor: Jerry

      WITNESS

      Sometimes the mountain
      is hidden from me in veils
      of cloud, sometimes
      I am hidden from the mountain
      in veils of inattention, apathy, fatigue,
      when I forget or refuse to go
      down to the shore or a few yards
      up the road, on a clear day,
      to reconfirm
      that witnessing presence.

      ~ Denise Levertov ~

      from Panhala

      dear all,

      i have also heard few of the westerner's mention that
      the place where the bhagwan used to sit is especially
      beneficial for the mind. and this should be because
      the bhagwans presence should be stronger there. i
      think that those who have mentioned their experiences
      of meditation  in and around the holy mountain are
      fortunate. it is all so amazing that what we call in
      india as 'the dance of mahesh' which represents the
      universal chaos of which all living beings from the
      tiniest organisms so ignorant to human beings who are
      so intelligent. we all are a part of this extremely
      enormous,diverse, vibrant world and then you have the
      spiritual gurus like the bhagwan. they represent the
      glorious end to this great struggle where we all are
      destined to reach .he walked away from his home so
      young devoid of any worldly attachment.his silent
      teachings are working their way through the mind's of
      his devotees and they all are definetly destined to
      experience things which will be out of this world
      because once a devotee comes under the observation of
      his guru then it is only a question of time before he
      is gradually returned to his source.  so great is the
      bhagwan's grace as he leads us so gently back to
      arunachala that we don't even feel it.

      may every day bring us closer and closer to him and
      remove the veils of maya from our eyes.

      love all,
      kapil
      from the I Am list

      Dylan Hits Big Screen, Road
      Three new films look at the legend

      Though he once griped that "cameras make ghosts of people,"
      Bob Dylan will show up onscreen a lot in the near future. He
      plays an ex-con troubadour in this summer's Masked and
      Anonymous, directed by Seinfeld writer Larry Charles. There
      are two more films in the works: a documentary by Martin
      Scorsese and a fictional account of Dylan's life by Velvet
      Goldmine director Todd Haynes. Scorsese's tentatively titled
      Bob Dylan Anthology will focus on his early years -- from his
      stint at the University of Minnesota to the recording of
      Blonde on Blonde in 1966 -- and will feature Dylan talking
      about himself, his first on-camera interview in twenty years .
      It will include never-before-seen footage from the 1963, '64,
      and '65 Newport Folk Festivals, outtakes from D.A.
      Pennebaker's 1967 Don't Look Back and silent home movies from
      1961.

      The Scorsese project will also contain rare television
      footage, including Dylan's 1964 appearance on the Steve Allen
      Show. The doc is expected to debut at upcoming U.S. film
      festivals and air on PBS sometime in 2005.

      Haynes' movie, tentatively titled I'm Not There: Suppositions
      on a Film Concerning Dylan, is an impressionistic account of
      the man. Haynes says the drama will "draw from [Dylan's] life
      but will refract who he is into a cluster of characters played
      by different actors." Though the film hasn't yet been cast, at
      least one of those Dylans will be played by a woman. Somehow,
      this project has the musician's blessing.
      Contributed by Mary Bianco to NDS News

      MYSTICAL MOVIES - http://www.mysticalmovies.com

      Our Only Telecourse This Summer Begins June 19!!!

      You cannot have evolution without something to evolve.

      Evolution does not create anything, it only reveals it.

      What we are today, therefore, is the partial unfolding of some immeasurably greater Fact

      than can probably ever be fully expressed

      under material conditions.

      R. J. Campbell

      www.nonduality.com/rj.htm