Highlights for Wednesday 20 October

  • andrew macnab
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 1999
      xan:

      Infinite resting, infinite allowing, infinite heart
      Unending gratitude

      Aleks:

      words without words with which
      to express themselves--words cold
      steel electric words--day to day
      words--words for night & dawn & noon
      & moon words--words which wrap
      themselves around a thought:
      a tree
      word, trees that are poems
      that write themselves from the roots
      up. . .branches down. . .words to the sky-kind
      of words. . .stretching words. . .reaching
      words. words that are kites
      free-falling jerked
      away string bound lazy
      lifted retrieved
      as day sleeps kind of string
      wound words or trying to sleep kind
      of word-ful shaking like a leaf or
      a kite or a tree kind of words.
      specialty words--words for sale--free words--others'
      words--police words--nurse words--tax man words--worn
      weary words.
      words that slice--weapon words--no shield
      to ward off words words--words that shroud
      vulnerable souls in creeping wetness under
      cold steel trees of you deserve what you get words--
      words--broken kite words--fog words--no shelter
      words--words one can't use in a song-- a song without
      words words.
      words say it's over--words say it has just begun--words say
      i love you and glare stare hatred from i's at once. words call
      words.
      words imitate words
      words name words
      words name you
      words can name you lunatic &
      you know why & you don't know why but you know that
      full moon lunacy is word-less-word-ful-love-word is
      beam bright primative futureless word-warm word is
      warm steel word
      hot hot word
      new not-word
      warm head spark words--given words--understood & earned
      by life pain words--words to say halt with words to surrender by. . .
      words to process--words to pen
      you are word i am word iam
      a tree i am a kite i am a lunatic i am a word
      lazy lited [flying word]
      cold steel [weapon word]
      warm head spark [crazy words]
      soft spun touching [gentle words]
      word wiz--word smith--word monger--word warrior-
      words float--words sink like lead-- words:
      it is only in your head. words.
      human words pronounce you christened married weary dead.

      lunacy. the moon never spoke such word. moon shone
      fall crisp leaf coming snow peace & spit fire all in one
      word.
      moon

      silent.
      [ ]

      love and blessings
      for words and back words :)
      aleks :-X!

      Becky:

      ... Email is a different form than talking, obviously, and
      still quite different from communicating through movement or sound. It's
      not
      any better or worse than any other. I think it is unique and myself
      being
      somewhat new to lists in
      general, am still investigating how it is I respond and communicate
      here.

      If you suppose that we are dependent on intellect and senses for
      communication, then, could you also suppose that as we give up those
      dependences, we are replacing them with another (email)? What is the
      purpose
      of communication and why are we doing it? That seems to be a question
      each
      must ask of oneself prior to clicking the 'send' button. There is an
      obvious
      interest and/or need here, each for their own reasons.

      xan:

      ...Having been away from this forum for awhile and
      considering the return to it, I looked at this "why?" question too.
      Here's
      what I found:

      There is an opportunity here for vigilence to Wholeness in the midst of
      my
      various responses to people and what they say.

      In wholeness I am discovering an increasing ability to enjoy and to
      appreciate, independent of situation.

      I don't talk to people other than my sons that much, and it's fun to
      hassle
      it out about 'what is enlightenment?' etc., not because it means
      anything,
      but more because it doesn't.

      As for what forms communication may take when we rely less on intellect
      and
      senses and words? Give it a shot. Try letting those things stop for
      just a
      moment. As my teacher Papaji said, "We'll just see."

      Marcia:

      ... I have thought that everything including
      enlightenment is the result of three forces. First force
      is definition, second force experience, third force
      realization and the result is enlightenment. First
      there is "new" thinking, second experience, third
      understanding or realization and the product is
      enlightenment. Where I get confused is in not
      separating the first force from the product i.e.
      I come across "new" thinking and I think I am already
      enlightened without have gone through any process.
      You can "define" the three forces any way that works
      for you. I was just trying to make them fit what Xan
      was saying. The idea is to take it as a hypothesis and see
      if it can be verified.

      xan:

      I can see this, Marcia. First one receives an idea of a possibility
      previously unknown. That opening may lead to a direct, non-conceptual
      recognition of it's reality. As that becomes more consistent it is
      accepted
      as one's reality.

      skye:

      Perhaps it is because we have come to a
      half understanding of the nature of reality that we wail
      "failure" empty or not. With each step we come to recognize
      certain *facts* about the nature of reality and we begin at
      once to alter the conditions that have caused us much
      dismay and dissatisfaction. We are already
      doing it with the little "me" but our creations are slow
      and feeble reflections. The 'I' that is greater than any
      "am" or "me" is the creator that will heal our world.

      Erin:

      How to share it? is that my question or am "I" rushing on ahead?
      Why do i wish for life to be swift?
      Surely I must be able to to cherish to the depth of each moment.
      What *develops* this? am i struggling?
      I may not recognize my own worth and beauty, I know. Is this why I wish
      share,
      for approval? Don't I know that if I seed approval, disapproval grows in
      my
      vision as well?
      What if I simply did what my heart told me to do> What is That???
      I have been out of that listening, hard to return to it
      Is it ill to ask for guidance? Ma?
      guide me, teach me from on high
      fed by ravens sipping on dew
      I wish my beauty and grace to shine a light
      to consume all fear
      Love Light, bring your torch to my willing heart
      Brilliant Fire!!

      Two days ago Eric and I spent hours upon hours posing me, him sketching,
      preparing to paint
      erotic poses, scary to share and yet we will and do
      We consume our fear of loving others together
      each of us in our own way confronting and embracing our demons
      shining a light on their faces with Love.

      Skye posted:

      "Reality is fine in small doses, but as a lifestyle I find
      it confining."
      -- Lily Tomlin

      Old Hag:

      Hello all dears:

      Well, for those that cared, i rode out Irene.

      Stood on top of my garbage pile, hands outstretched, and welcomed her
      howling embrace....beautiful! And then, just as she began blowin'
      powerful, beyond old frame's resistance, i watched and learned from the
      trees, the flowers and plants, even Mr. Mockingbird on a tall pine. They
      were bending to her, surrendering, so old hag bent, surrendered, and
      creaking bones still here! Even renewed a bit, ready to dance! ,^))
      Thanks for your concern, aleks and Judi, very fine dears.

      Here is some Lao-Tzu (we went to third grade together):

      "Other people are excited,
      as though they were at a parade.
      I alone don't care.
      I alone am expressionless,
      like an infant before it can smile.

      Other people have what they need;
      I alone possess nothing.
      I alone drift about,
      like someone without a home.
      I am like an idiot, my mind is so empty.

      Other people are bright;
      I alone am dark.
      Other people are sharp;
      I alone am dull.
      Other people have a purpose;
      I alone don't know.
      I drift like a wave on the ocean,
      I blow as aimless as the wind.

      I am different from ordinary people.
      I drink from the Great Mother's breasts."

      Have a wee sip before retiring, eh?

      love,
      oh

      May you be free from suffering. May you be at peace.