Saturday, March 29, 2003

  • Christiana Duranczyk
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2003

      Nondual Highlights

           Issue #1386 -
           Saturday, March 29, 2003
           Editor: Christiana

      Dedicated to our children with photos of some of our children: Kheyala and Jim's children Ananda and Zackary. Dustin and Jorin's daughter Zoe. My daughter Oriana building her home. Iraqi children sailing peace lights.

      While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about. Angela Schwindt.

      http://www.enlighteningmessages.org/home.htm

      LIVE WEBCAST Sound Healing for IRAQ - TODAY

      This Sunday March 30, 2003 at 7pm (NY Time) Sound
      Healing for our planet, IRAQ, U.S., N. Korea, and beyond go
      http://www.worldpuja.org to link to LIVE Webcast. We ask
      you to PLEASE JOIN US, live online Sunday, March 30.

      As the war in Iraq continues,
      it is important for us to come
      together to co-create a healing energy to support positive change in the trouble spots of the world, for our world leaders and beyond. It
      is important that we anchor ourselves in a positive, peaceful reality; on both a personal and planetary level - We can utilize the ancient technology of sound to effect these changes.

      A note from Jonathan Goldman regarding the event.

      Dear Sound Friends:

      We will once again be toning a number of sacred sounds
      from different traditions. Our purpose in doing so will be to
      assist personal and planetary peace and healing through
      generating love and compassion.

      The first sacred sound we will tone in order to center and
      balance ourselves. It is ancient Hebrew-sometimes written
      as EHEIH and translated as "I am". We will tone a
      particularly esoteric version using the vowel sounds "EEE-
      EYE - AH". These vowels will be sounded in a single breath.
      This sound works with the system of Vowels as Mantras
      which I created in Healing Sounds, to bring divine energy
      down from spirit into matter. This sound unites the crown
      ("EEE"), the throat ("EYE") and the heart ("AH") centers. We
      will tone this sound 3 times with intent.

      The second sacred sound we will tone is the Hindu mantra
      "OM". We will sound this to awaken our awareness beyond
      the state of polarity into a state of oneness and love. The
      "OM is Sanskrit and is considered the primordial sound of
      creation. This sound and all the following sounds should be
      done so that the energy ultimately resonates with the crown,
      the throat and the heart (uniting body, speech and mind) and
      is being generated through the heart to the planet, feeling
      love and compassion. We will tone this sound 3 times with
      intent.

      The third sacred sound is the "AH" sound. We will sound the
      "AH" to further strengthen and center our unified
      consciousness, once again generating this tone through the
      heart to the planet feeling love and compassion. The "AH"
      sound is a sacred seed syllable-a sacred mantras in many
      Eastern traditions including Tibetan Buddhism. We will tone
      this sound 3 times with intent.

      The fourth sacred sound to be toned is "HU". We will use this
      sound to radiate out our intention to soften and support a
      peaceful and compassionate resolution in the hearts of all
      concerned while still serving the highest good. This will be
      the "HU" sound--as always being generated from the heart
      to the planet feeling love and compassion. "HU" is found in
      both the Shadba Yoga ttradition and in Islam. We will tone
      this sound three times with intent.

      IMPORTANT UPDATE ON THE APRIL 1 PRAYER VIGIL.

      On April 1 at 11 AM Washington, DC time, people all over
      the world will focus their prayers of peace on George Bush,
      Saddam Hussein and the leaders of all the countries of the
      world.

      The Psychic Children have asked that we expand the vigil to
      include all world leaders, especially those who are most
      involved in the current war in Iraq. They believe that offering
      our prayers of peace will actually inspire them to make their
      decisions based upon the good of all. I personally believe
      that this is the most powerful and positive action we can take, especially for those who believe that violence can
      never lead to real peace.

      During the vigil, the Psychic Children are asking that we imagine President Bush and the other leaders as children, not as adults, and to appeal to their original childlike nature. They believe that this is the only way to not only end this current conflict, but to initiate a world where wars like this are impossible. Spend at least ten minutes holding this vision.

      Peace Prevails on Earth.

      Subject: Osho on war

      'A man of peace is not a pacifist, a man of peace is simply a
      pool of silence.

      He pulsates a new kind of energy into the world, he sings a
      new song. He lives in a totally new way his very way of live is
      that of grace, that of prayer, that of compassion.
      Whomsoever he touches, he creates more love-energy.

      The man of peace is creative. He is not against war,
      because to be against anything is to be at war. He is not
      against war, he simply understands why war exists.

      And out of that understanding he becomes peaceful.

      Only when there are many people who are pools of peace,
      silence, understanding, will the war disappear.'

      OSHO, from: 'Zen: The Path of Paradox, vol II

      repost from Sarlo's club by Anandgyan

      Study of scriptures, and reflecting on words of wise is good.
      According to the testimony of sages, that the role of spiritual practice and long term meditation is an important one as well

      Just like one does not become a body builder by simply reading books on the subject, one cannot know One's Own
      Beauty, by merely hearing others speak of it. It has to be recognized directly by oneself (without the medium of the
      mind) in a state that may be described as the Deep Awake (as opposed to Deep Sleep!).

      The Self is Realized when everything, including one's root instinct for self preservation is given up with full awareness of the grace of the Lord of the Heart.

      To reach that point where all can be surrendered, one practices meditation, prayer, inquiry, etc. Sri Ramana has said that Self is nothing new to Realize. We are already that. Spiritual practice is meant to remove the obstacles that obscure one's vision of one's own Self.

      Mazie offers

      Be interested in yourself beyond all experience, be with
      yourself, love yourself; the ultimate security is found only in
      self-knowledge. The main thing is earnestness. Be honest
      with yourself and nothing will betray you. Virtues and powers
      are mere tokens for children to play with. They are useful in
      the world, but do not take you out of it. To go beyond, you
      need alert immobility, quiet attention.

      ~Nisargadatta Maharaj

      Bhakta broke the seal of the Heart. Jnana broke the seal of
      Self. Silence broke the bowl of tradition.

      ~M

      Absolute Presence is the ubiquitous eye that measures the
      universe. It is the center of infinity that sees everything and
      yet does not see because it is the seeing itself.

      ~Ramesh S. Balsekar

      In the eye of creation's electrical storm, this body, the eye of
      the mind circles itself motionless, centered, seeing.

      ~M

      These forms are transient and to be attached to them is to
      be confused. Anything that rises, be it thought, desire,
      emotion, feeling or object will give you suffering and no one
      in the world can avoid this. Both the enjoyer and the enjoyed
      are washed away.

      But the wise discriminate between the Real and the unreal.
      They know what is Real and so allow their feelings and
      thoughts to arise because they know all is One and the
      same! In this way you will not suffer.

      ~Papaji

      Leo Hartong shares

      The world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy,
      the best golfer is a black guy, the Swiss hold the America's
      Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany
      doesn't want to go to war!

      http://www.awakeningtothedream.com/

      Lonny J Brown offers an interesting newsletter ENLIGHTENMENT ONLINE

      "Online networks offer a medium to find other kindred spirits.
      We can use the opportunity well, or we can use it poorly. We
      are at the crossroads" - Mitch Kapor, Electronic Frontier Foundation

      Art of the mystics

      Hazrat Pir-o-Murshid 'Inayat Khan
      http://peacedances.50megs.com/hikWarAndPeace.html

      It is not rest or comfort or solitude which can give peace. It is
      an art which must be learnt, the art of the mystics, by which
      one comes to experience peace. One may ask why, if it is
      natural for the soul to experience peace, one must strive for
      peace by practice, by meditation, by contemplation. The
      answer is that it is natural to experience peace, but life in the
      world is not natural. Animals and birds all experience peace,
      but not mankind, for man is the robber of his own peace. He
      has made his life so artificial that he can never imagine how
      far he is removed from what may be called a normal, natural
      life for him to live. It is for this reason that we need the art of
      discovering peace within us. We shall not experience peace
      by improving outside conditions. Man has always longed for
      peace and he has always brought about wars; at the same
      time every individual says he is seeking for peace. Then
      where does war come from? It comes because the meaning
      of peace has not been fully understood. Man lives in a
      continual turmoil, in a restless condition, and in order to seek
      for peace he seeks war; if this goes on we shall not have
      peace till every individual begins to seek peace within
      himself first.

      What is peace? Peace is the natural condition of the soul.
      The soul which has lost its natural condition becomes
      restless. The normal condition of mind is tranquillity, yet at
      the same time the mind is anything but tranquil; the soul
      experiences anything but peace.

      viorica weissman MillionPaths@yahoogroups.com

      Emptying and Opening Body and Mind

      All things originate from the mind. When the whole mind is
      silent, all appearances end. Which is other, which is self?
      When there is no sign of differentiation, not even a single
      atom can be established. When not a single thought is born,
      you penetrate through before the womb and after the skin
      bag; one point of inconceivable illumination, whole and
      undifferentiated, without corners, edge or traces that cannot
      be dimmed. What cannot be dimmed is called inherent
      knowledge; the point of inherent knowledge is called the
      fundamental endowment. When you realize all things are
      empty you are free in all states of mind and penetrate
      beyond through every atom of dust. The primordial beam of
      light pervades everywhere and transforms according to the
      energies and situations. Everything it meets is the source,
      subtly illuminating all things. Empty, the wind in the pines and
      the moon in the water respond outwardly without getting
      confused. Live in clear harmony, without a wandering mind,
      not sticking anywhere. With a mind like spring bearing
      flowers, like a mirror reflecting images; in the midst of floods
      of tumult, you will naturally stand serene above it all. When
      your state is thoroughly peaceful and your livelihood is cool
      and serene, you will see the emptiness of the ages; there is
      nothing to be troubled by, nothing that can obstruct. Empty,
      absolute and radiant; clear, complete and shining; it clearly
      exists for all ages, never dimmed. If you want to remain
      tranquil, cover and uphold in the same way as sky and earth
      - appearing or disappearing, shutting down or opening up,
      all are up to you. Clean, pure, perfectly clear; the power of
      the eye cannot reach its bounds. Still, silent, empty and vast,
      the ken of the mind cannot find its edges. One who
      investigates sincerely and really arrives considers this the
      fundamental ground; neither buddhas nor demons can enter;
      neither dust nor dirt can defile it. There is utterly no way to
      study this matter; the essence lies in emptying and opening
      body and mind so they are vast as space, then you will
      naturally be complete everywhere. This awareness cannot
      be dimmed, this clarity cannot be confused. The moon
      follows the flowing waters, the rain goes with the moving
      clouds. Each and every sense and sensation is immediate
      and absolute. Therefore it was said that a saint has no self,
      but there is nothing that is not himself. It is so obvious, so
      clear; you realize that gathered in or let out, it has become a
      white bull on open ground, which you cannot drive away even
      if you try.

      - Collected writings and sayings of Hung-chih Cheng-chueh
      (1091-1157) from "Timeless Spring - A Soto Zen
      Anthology"; Thomas Cleary (out of print)

      Garrison Keillor read this poem on Wednesday morning:

      Last-Minute Message for a Time Capsule
      by Philip Appleman

      I have to tell you this, whoever you are:
      that on one summer morning here, the ocean pounded in on tumbledown breakers, a south wind, bustling along the shore, whipped the froth into little rainbows, and a reckless gull swept down the beach
      as if to fly were everything it needed.

      I thought of your hovering saucers,
      looking for clues, and I wanted to write this down, so it wouldn't be lost forever - that once upon a time we had meadows here, and astonishing things, swans and frogs and luna moths and blue skies that could stagger your heart.

      We could have had them still, and
      welcomed you to earth, but we also had
      the righteous ones who worshipped the
      True Faith, and Holy War. When you go
      home to your shining galaxy, say that
      what you learned from this dead and
      barren place is to beware the righteous ones.

      From New and Selected Poems, 1956-1996

      Dustin Linden-Smith LiveJournal

      Understanding unity through compassion

      A great deal has been said this week about what is right or
      wrong about the US invasion of Iraq. From a true nondual
      perspective, no such discussion has much sway, since war
      and peace are really nothing more than two sides of the
      same worldly coin; whether or not we're at war or at peace
      makes no difference to our divine nature as it exists beneath
      these worldly goings-on.

      Having said that, I have always been consumed by a desire
      to bridge the esoteric understanding of nonduality such as
      I've just described with a common, everyday philosophy that
      we can use from one day to the next. Living nondually, as it
      were, is a funny walk along a razor's edge of deepest
      awareness of Self, in which all manner of thoughts and
      emotions may rise within you, but which thoughts and
      emotions also dissipate immediately into nothingness after
      they occur, almost as though they had never existed. Letting
      go of our emotional and egoic attachment to our thoughts
      and desires allows us to live our lives without inner conflict.
      This is enlightenment, and understanding the inherent unity
      of all perceived elements of the universe is an essential early
      step to resolving this inner conflict.

      An excerpt on compassion from Eckhart Tolle's The Power
      of Now is pertinent to this discussion. I've included it here,
      from page 165. I think this is also relevant to current world
      events; one might wonder what type of action G.W. Bush
      could instead take with respect to Iraq if he were to see the
      truly essential sameness between himself and Saddam
      Hussein, for example.

      Compassion is the awareness of a deep bond between
      yourself and all creatures. But there are two sides to
      compassion, two sides to this bond. On the one hand, since
      you are still here as a physical body, you share the
      vulnerability and mortality of your physical form with every
      other human and with every living being. Next time you say "I
      have nothing in common with this person," remember that
      you have a great deal in common: a few years from now --
      two years or seventy years, it doesn't make much difference
      -- both of you will have become rotting corpses, then piles of
      dust, then nothing at all. This is a sobering and humbling
      realization that leaves little room for pride. Is this a negative
      thought? No, it is a fact. Why close your eyes to it? In that
      sense, there is total equality between you and every other
      creature.

      One of the most powerful spiritual practices is to meditate
      deeply on the mortality of physical forms, including your own.
      This is called: die before you die. Go into it deeply. Your
      physical form is dissolving, is no more. Then a moment
      comes when all mind-forms or thoughts also die. Yet you are
      still there -- the divine presence that you are. Radiant, fully
      awake. Nothing that was real ever died, only names, forms,
      and illusions.

      The true heroes of the world are those who have maintained a steadfast determination to work for peace.
      In the words of Gandhi, "If we are to reach real peace in the world. We shall have to begin with the children."

      "Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the
      Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children."

      Ancient Indian Proverb