Mon, Tue, We, Thu, Fri March 10-15, 2003

  • Michael A. Read
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2003
      Non Duality Highlights
      potpourri issue

      Mon, Tue, We, Thu, Fri March 10-15, 2003

      editor: michael again

      asleep at the wheel

      4rs2.GIF (36547 bytes)

      George, the world's only RUBBER PEACE CHICKEN,encourages you to consider the 4 R's as a guideline to developing a balanced, healthy lifestyle.  How can you adapt the 4 R's TUCA CREED to your thinking and daily activities?

      Spiritual Psychology Test

      Is Your Spirituality HAPPY?
      Take this spiritual psychology test and find out where your happiness may be inhibited by your spirituality. Note: There are no judgments here about whether your spiritual ideas and beliefs are correct, just whether they will allow you maximum happiness. For example- if you believe in a vengeful god or evil stars who are out to get you, fine! But those are most unhappy beliefs which will cause you a lifetime of unwanted stress.

      Global Vigil for Peace March 16th

      Global Vigil for Peace

      MoveOn.org and Win Without War, together with Archbishop Desmond Tutu and many faith-based organizations, invite you to hold a candlelight vigil for peace on Sunday, March 16th.

      Maine "Win Without War"
      Coalition Announced

      Buddha

      The Secret Doctrine

      The primary source for this document is The Secret Oral Teachings in Tibetan Buddhist Sects by Alexandra David-Neel & Lama Yongden. Alan Watts calls this work "a wonderfully lucid account of the Madhyamika (or 'middle-way') School of Buddhism, a method of meditation and enlightenment which was worked out sometime between 150 and 250 AD by the great Indian sage and pundit, Nagarjuna."

      Table of Contents

      Holomovement

      The World as Mental Projection

      Our Illusory Self

      Beyond Thought

      The Great Liberation

      Mace Mealer

             Only when one is faced
             with what one fears,
             does anger arise.
             It can be something as simple
             as suffering a profound injustice,
             or as complex as having ones sense
             of security threatened.
             It can feel good to be angry
             when one is afraid,
             but it's only a swing
             of the pendulum away
             from regret,
             and like any addiction
             it keeps one wanting more.
             Better perhaps the road
             of true courage
             which is not found
             as one might think
             in heroic effort,
             but in calm,
             good humored,
             acceptance.

      Note: brutally honest content
      Note: brutally honest content

      This Is War
      an unblinking look—in words and images—at the reality of warfare
      Note: brutally honest content

      Bush is not a Nazi...so stop saying that!
      note: this is a bit of a musical stire,
               slow loading on dial-up

      WorldometersTM

      Population
       Current Population
       Births This Year
       Births Today
       Deaths This Year
       Deaths Today

      World Peace Pig

      The pig is painted with longitude and latitude lines to represent the globe. The flags are either made with products from the respective country or painted on. An international work, World Peace Pig draws the attention of the viewer to various places in the world and what they have to offer.

      Free Online Ordination
      Become a legally ordained clergy person - for free online. Perform weddings, baby namings and religious services. Members in all 50 states and worldwide. Recognizing all religious traditions.

      http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_true.htm

      • The art of Bob Graham

      • Beautiful art is an art in so far as it seems like nature."--Emmanuel Kant

      • Thus art is the creative preserving of truth in the work.   Art then is the becoming and happening of truth."  Martin Heidegger

    Image

    Waging Peace

    Waging Peace through Dialogue

    Dr. Robert Muller, former assistant secretary general of the United Nations, now Chancellor emeritus of the University of Peace in Costa Rica was one of the people who witnessed the founding of the U.N. and has worked in support of or inside the U.N. ever since. Recently he was in San Francisco to be honored for his service to the world through the U.N. and through his writings and teachings for peace. At age eighty, Dr. Muller surprised, even stunned, many in the audience that day with his most positive assessment of where the world stands now regarding war and peace.
    I was there at the gathering and I myself was stunned by his remarks. What he said turned my head around and offered me a new way to see what is going on in the world. My synopsis of his remarks is below:
    "I'm so honored to be here," he said. "I'm so honored to be alive at such a miraculous time in history. I'm so moved by what's going on in our world today. ( I was shocked. I thought -- Where has he been? What has he been reading? Has he seen the newspapers? Is he senile? Has he lost it? What is he talking about?)
    Dr. Muller proceeded to say, "Never before in the history of the world has there been a global, visible, public, viable, open dialogue and conversation about the very legitimacy of war".
    The whole world is in now having this critical and historic dialogue--listening to all kinds of points of view and positions about going to war or not going to war. In a huge global public conversation the world is asking-"Is war legitimate? Is it illegitimate? Is there enough evidence to warrant an attack? Is there not enough evidence to warrant an attack? What will be the consequences? The costs? What will happen after a war? How will this set off other conflicts? What might be peaceful alternatives? What kind of negotiations are we not thinking of? What are the real intentions for declaring war?"
    All of this, he noted, is taking place in the context of the United Nations Security Council, the body that was established in 1949 for exactly this purpose. He pointed out that it has taken us more than fifty years to realize that function, the real function of the U.N. And at this moment in history-- the United Nations is at the center of the stage. It is the place where these conversations are happening, and it has become in these last months and weeks, the most powerful governing body on earth, the most powerful container for the world's effort to wage peace rather than war. Dr. Muller was almost in tears in recognition of the fulfillment of this dream.
    "We are not at war," he kept saying. We, the world community, are WAGING peace. It is difficult, hard work. It is constant and we must not let up. It is working and it is an historic milestone of immense proportions. It has never happened before-never in human history-and it is happening now-every day every hour-waging peace through a global conversation.
    He pointed out that the conversation questioning the validity of going to war has gone on for hours, days, weeks, months and now more than a year, and it may go on and on. "We're in peacetime," he kept saying. "Yes, troops are being moved. Yes, warheads are being lined up. Yes, the aggressor is angry and upset and spending a billion dollars a day preparing to attack. But not one shot has been fired. Not one life has been lost. There is no war. It's all a conversation."
    It is tense, it is tough, it is challenging, AND we are in the most significant and potent global conversation and public dialogue in the history of the world. This has not happened before on this scale ever before-not before WWI or WWII, not before Vietnam or Korea, this is new and it is a stunning new era of Global listening, speaking, and responsibility.
    In the process, he pointed out, new alliances are being formed. Russia and China on the same side of an issue is an unprecedented outcome. France and Germany working together to wake up the world to a new way of seeing the situation. The largest peace demonstrations in the history of the world are taking place--and we are not at war! Most peace demonstrations in recent history took place when a war was already waging, sometimes for years, as in the case of Vietnam.
    "So this," he said, "is a miracle. This is what "waging peace " looks like."
    No matter what happens, history will record that this is a new era, and that the 21st century has been initiated with the world in a global dialogue looking deeply, profoundly and responsibly as a global community at the legitimacy of the actions of a nation that is desperate to go to war.
    Through these global peace-waging efforts, the leaders of that nation are being engaged in further dialogue, forcing them to rethink, and allowing all nations to participate in the serious and horrific decision to go to war or not.
    Dr. Muller also made reference to a recent New York Times article that pointed out that up until now there has been just one superpower-the United States, and that that has created a kind of blindness in the vision of the U.S. But now, Dr. Muller asserts, there are two superpowers: the United States and the merging, surging voice of the people of the world.
    All around the world, people are waging peace. To Robert Muller, one of the great advocates of the United Nations, it is nothing short of a miracle and it is working.

    Note: the above was contributed by Kheyala on thewaystation list

    more on Dr. Muller can be found here http://acgc.org/upa/muller.html

    http://www.contemplator.com/folk2/battle.html

    The Battle Hymn of the Republic

    Mine eyes have seen the glory
    Of the coming of the Lord;
    He is trampling out the vintage
    Where the grapes of wrath are stored;
    He hath loosed the fateful lightning
    Of His terrible swift sword;
    His truth is marching on.

    Chorus
    Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
    Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
    Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
    His truth is marching on.

    note - yes folks, a lot of us boomers

    were raised to the rousing strain of this

    stirring anthem to God, Glory and Country.

    and fine religious tunes like this

    http://auntyjanet.freeservers.com/onward.html

    Onward Christan Soldier

    Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,

    With the cross of Jesus going on before!

    Christ the royal Master leads against the foe;

    Forward into ba- ttle, see His banner go!

    Chorus:

    Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,

    With the cross of Jesus going on before!

    note: what a strange old trip it's been

    history of the peace symbol http://www.peaceday.org/pcsign.htm

    http://www.brazosriver.com/predictions.htm

    PREDICTIONS

              Every year at this time, Madam Swami Juanita puts down her hair dryer and picks up her crystal ball. Juanita makes predictions for the coming year, and she has a success rate significantly better than the national news media on election night.

              This yearly event is a corker! Juanita rearranges the furniture at The World's Most Dangerous Beauty Salon, Inc., dims the lights, puts on a semi-conservative Carmen Miranda outfit, and douses the room with "Eau de Kolache" perfume. She's never been able to find a proper crystal ball, so she uses a lava lamp instead. She tried reading tea leaves once, but found that trying to tear open a soggy little bag with a "Lipton" tag attached can reek havoc on a fresh manicure.

    http://www.brazosriver.com/predictions.htm

    Twameva Mata Cha Pita Twameva,

    Twameva Bandhu Sakha Twameva,

    Twameva Vidya Sarvinam Twameva,

    Twameva Sarvam Mum Dev Deva.

    "O Lord, You Are My Mother, Father, Kinsman And Friend.

    You Are My Wealth Of Knowledge, Strength, Velour And Power.

    You Are My All God Of Gods".

    http://www.fix.net/~rprewett/21stcent.html

    God's forgiveness of us gains its true meaning only in light of the "scary" and "stern judge" side of God.

    Everytime You Masturbate, God Kills A Kitten
    Everytime You Masturbate, God Kills A Kitten. ... mad fings!!!! n it says
    everytime u masturbate god kills a kitten!!!! - maria zakaria ...
    www.greenspun.com/bboard/ q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=008zUa - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

    note: bum link, oh well the next one works

    http://www.hosstyle.com/kittens.htm

    http://www.crazyimages.com/

    http://www.killgod.net/tract4.html

    http://www.patmccurdy.com/tabs.htm?action=viewone&title=God

    God
    Tabbed by Billy Buerger

    [Start in F]
    F C Gm Bb C F C Bb D# F (x2)

    God loves capitalists more than communists
    God loves fundamentalists more than Methodists
    God loves Americans more than Canadians
    God loves nuclear power

    God loves the stars and stripes
    God loves Handi-Wipes
    Thinks they're so convenient
    God knows where the yellow went

    God has a VCR
    John Wayne is the biggest star
    Up in the Ivory Tower

    [Bridge]

    [Change to G]
    G D Am C D G D C F G x2

    God doesn't love the Pope
    God likes Pepsi more than Coke
    He won't drive a Subaru or a BMW

    God packs a magnum
    For protection not for fun
    God says make my day

    God votes Republican
    The only way to get things done
    God loves makin' dough
    Don't like payin' taxes though

    God loves Disneyland
    Loves a man to be a man
    God loves the USA

    [Bridge]

    [Finish in A]
    A E Bm D E A E D G A x2

    God loves democracy more than aristocracy
    God hates Iraqians, Russians, Jews and Libyans
    (And anyone else who isn't a white Anglo-Saxon Protestant)

    God is good, God is great
    God don't like the welfare state
    (He hates Sweden)
    God drives a Chevrolet

    God made petroleum to make my Winnebago run
    God made plants and trees
    We can waste them as we please
    God loves the strong and tall
    God loves white folks most of all
    God loves the USA

    [Ending]
    D             G A
    God loves the USA
    D             G A
    God loves the USA.  He told me personally, and
    D           E   A
    I know what God likes

    freedom fries and peace cheese

    and a search for
    - love doctor jesus-
    brings us right into
    that crazy glow of
    www.crazyjesuseyes.com/
    Jesus Loves Me

    Jesus loves me! This I know,
    For the Bible tells me so
    Little ones to Him belong
    They are weak but He is strong

    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    The Bible tells me so

    Jesus loves me! He who died
    Heaven's gate to open wide
    He will wash away my sin
    Let His little child come in

    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    The Bible tells me so

    Jesus loves me! He will stay
    Close beside me all the way
    He's prepared a home for me
    And some day His face I'll see

    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    The Bible tells me so

    this is potpourri?
    no, it the truth!
    huh?
    whatever, be nice
    it wouldn't hurt
    and don't argue with children
    http://www.crossroad.to/text/responses/Pokemon.htm
    please, do something productive like herd cats
    love peace kindness respect
    might take some getting used to
    who knows where it will all end up!

    --- In NondualitySalon@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Poole"  wrote:

    Greetings

    How does 'peace' happen?

    As we face the possibility of yet another unjust war,
    we ask ourselves 'why not world peace?'.

    How does peace happen in your neighborhood?

    Does it have anything to do with law, law enforcement
    agencies (the police), the courts, and all that? Chances
    are, that the only way we are going to see world peace,
    is to extend the 'neighborhood model' to the scale of the
    entire  world.

    It is time for the nations and people of the world to learn
    to bring their grievances into an arena of arbitration and
    justice.

    Yesterday it was announced that the long-anticipated
    world court has been formed and judges  sworn. It is
    called "International Criminal Court (ICC)". Here are links:

    <http://www.iccnow.org/>

    <http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,912330,00.html>

    "The US was conspicuous by its absence. It signed the treaty to
    establish the court, but has withdrawn its support, and has secured
    agreements with with 22 countries giving its citizens immunity from
    its arrest warrants."

    Fortunately, here is the org  which is working to
    bring  the US into the jurisdiction of the ICC:

    "Tell Congress and the President it's time to support the ICC,
    because without justice - there is no peace."

    <http://www.usaforicc.org/>

    Below is a link to an article which explains how the US
    has been trying to circumvent international law, even
    before the court has convened for the first time:

    ("The Swiss and Yugoslav decisions are the latest events in an
    extraordinary and almost subterranean diplomatic conflict that has
    spread yet more poison into the relationship between Europe and the
    US over the past month."... "The US state department spokesman, Philip
    Reeker, said the administration was obliged to stop military aid to
    countries that did not accede to their demands under a newly enacted
    law, the American Service Members Protection Act, which gives the
    president the authority to take "all means necessary and appropriate
    to release citizens arrested by the court". Some critics claim this
    could mean the invasion of the Netherlands. ")

    <http://www.guardian.co.uk/bush/story/0,7369,774105,00.html>

    Every court system needs some kind of enforcement
    agency.

    We already have a fully functional 'global police agency',
    called INTERPOL.

    Here is a press release from Interpol (link):

    <http://www.interpol.int/Public/ICPO/PressReleases/PR2003/PR200304.asp

    While there are many who protest the very existence of the UN,
    the ICC, and INTERPOL, we finally have in place, the basic structures
    which have been proved over time, to allow people to live together in
    relative peace, in the same way that many of us are fortunate enough
    to enjoy in our communities.

    In human history, as proved over time, this is how  peace happens.

    ==Gene Poole==

    "Pardon my freedom"

    BushWatch:

    <http://www.bushnews.com/>

    Let us hope we see some day soon:

    "ICC issues warrant for arrest of Osama Bin Laden"

    Our response to the following invocations is: Change our hearts, O God

    That we learn compassion...

    That we embrace non-violence...

    That our hearts are forgiving...

    That we are filled with mercy...