Wednesday, February 12, 2003

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2003
      Issue #1348 - Wednesday, February 12, 2003- Editor: Jerry

      Time spent laughing is time spent with the
      gods.

      Japanese Proverb

      The most visible creators are those artists
      whose medium is life itself.
      The ones who express the inexpressible -
      without brush, hammer, clay, or guitar.
      They neither paint nor sculpt.
      Their medium is simply being.
      Whatever their presence touches has increased life.
      They see, but don't have to draw...
      Because they are the artists of being alive.

      J. Stone

      Your work is to discover your world and then
      with all your heart give yourself to it.

      Buddha

      Success is doing what you have to do.

      Bob Dylan

      There are only two ways to live your life. One
      is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is
      as if everything is.

      Albert Einstein

      One day some people came to the master and
      asked: How can you be happy in a world of such
      impermanence, where you cannot protect your
      loved ones from harm, illness or death? The
      master held up a glass and said: Someone gave
      me this glass; It holds my water admirably and
      it glistens in the sunlight. I touch it and it
      rings! One day the wind may blow it off the
      shelf, or my elbow may knock it from the table.
      I know this glass is already broken, so I enjoy
      it -- incredibly.”

      Achaan Chah Subato
      Theravandan Meditation Master

      I thank God for most this amazing day; for the
      leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue
      true dream of sky; and for everything which is
      natural, which is infinite, which is yes.

      e. e. cummings