Highlights Monday 11 October

  • andrew macnab
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 1999
      JERRY:

      Billions of lines of wisdom are uttered;
      It takes only one to serve as a world.
      Who knows what happens to the rest?
      And what is all this uttering about?
      DAN:

      The concept of enlightenment can be very misleading...
      IT can become a type of experience that some have and others
      don't, and some want, and others don't. It then becomes a kind of
      commodity, something to have or get. My point of view on this is that
      this
      kind of enlightenment sounds very limited and limiting. It seems to me
      better to throw out that concept and begin with one's awareness exactly
      where one is. What is the difference between your current awareness and
      "enlightenment" or "perfection"? Is that difference created by anything
      other than one's own concepts, one's own "mind"?
      One could discuss one's awareness as "realization." A holistic
      understanding of realization would result in this equation:
      awareness=reality=realization=being. Now, did this equation arise from
      effort or will? No. It's simply "what is" when thoughts, feelings,
      reactions to percepived separations are released. Did such a release
      arise
      from desire, intention, grace, or predestination? A holistic
      understanding
      shows that these all "come together" in one instant of being. This
      instant
      could be considered totally free expression of what is, and totally
      determined by the nature of what is. It's grace and intention unified.
      This is clear when one sees that the self/other dichotomy is equivalent
      the will/grace dichotomy and the choice/predestination dichotomy.
      Resolving self/other resolves the others.

      <snip>
      ...look directly into the nature of
      "what is" to see yourself *as* part/Whole being.

      My suggestion on "how to connect" in this regard is to look at any
      assumptions that one is other than the Whole. On what are these
      assumptions based? How did the dividing line arise? There is nothing
      that
      needs to be "connected," rather it is the assumptions and perceptual
      impressions of separated beingness that need to be questioned. This
      kind
      of "deep inquiry" involves all of who one is, as assumptions about
      separation have gathered over millenia and deeply affect the
      "unconscious"
      as well as "conscious" aspects of our being. My further suggestion is
      inquire in a way that inquiry=openness=beingness. Then, there is
      nothing
      that "you" have to "do" to connect. With love ---

      ALECS:

      ...am envious that you
      were actually given the mantra!
      "Now where are my keys?" :)

      JERRY:

      Saint Kabir has very beautifully said:-

      "Pothi Par Par Jag Mua Pandit Bana na Koye, Adhai Akhar Prem
      ka para to Pandit Hoi"

      People in the world have died learning books whole of there
      life but could notbecome learned. Those who have studied two
      and Half word of Love( Prem when written in Hindi is two and
      half word) and have become learned.

      The study of scripture alone is not enough. that's how
      Shankra starts his Bhaj Govindam.

      "Oh, Fool ! Oh, ignoramus ! Grammar rules (in fact all your
      secular learning) will not come to your rescue when death
      knocks to snatch you away. Instead of wasting away the
      precious span of your life in a futile
      manner, turn to and seek Govinda, who alone can save you
      from the jaws of life and death".

      PETROS:

      Apropos of nothing, I'm sitting here surfing the net and watching the
      Teletubbies with the color on my t.v. turned way up. It's really
      trippy.

      PETROS:

      Give me a mirror. Why should I deny my self?

      JUDI:

      Exactly

      OLD HAG:

      Mirror, mirror, on the wall! Who is the fairest of them all? Well, you
      are my pretty! heh, heh, heh, heh. Here, want an apple?