Saturday, December 7, 2002

  • Christiana Duranczyk
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8 3:07 AM

      Nondual Highlights #1281
      Saturday, December 7, 2002
      Editor: Christiana
      Art: Kathryn Lawrence - Sudden Swerves

      Articles on Kundalini Yoga and the Non-Dual Experience
      by Pieter Schoonheim Samara

      Eric Paroissien
      moment by moment awareness

      "breathing is our food,breathing is light
      light is food, breathing is joy
      hour by hour
      we remind each other to be mindful
      you don't have to speak
      you can use this board as a service
      to remind you to practice
      a "breathing hotline"
      to help you out of a dull moment,
      out of a heavy distraction
      we create a vast breathing space
      where we can hold each other's hands
      be one breath together
      keep working on our liberation with diligence
      the urgency of our practice
      the only moment we can act on
      this breathing moment"
      you are all welcome

      Dave sends animated christmas card links
      Speaking in the Present Tense

      Become mindful of how often your conversations
      focus on the past or future.
      Be aware of the verbs you use:
      was, did, will, are going to, etc.
      Lou Marzelas' notes from a lecture by Dr Hawkins
      author of Power vs. Force and Eye of the I
      Beauty just wipes you out. Makes it hard to function in
      the world. I try to cover my face to avoid beauty -- then
      I notice how beautiful my fingers are!
      We have recurrent patterns in our lives that defy
      explanations, unless you're aware of the reality of the
      spiritual domain and that it overrules the physicality.
      Homo sapienism is a bad disease. You can get all
      kinds of things from it.
      Consciousness and life are one and the same, and
      they don't appear until the Unmanifest expresses
      itself as existence. The Unmanifest has no life or
      consciousness; out of the Unmanifest arises
      consciousness and life as existence. Consciousness
      and life cannot be extinguished. There is no death.
      The awareness of the presence of God as the divinity
      within one's own existence is innate in
      consciousness. You don't have to worry about
      reaching God, because you only need to appreciate
      beauty. Beauty is a style of recognizing the perfection
      of all that is.
      One can be benevolent even toward the horrific,
      because you understand that the horrific doesn't have
      the karmic wherewithal to be different than what it is.
      Power cannot be resisted, whereas force can. By the
      realization of our own innate perfection, we impact
      the consciousness of all of mankind.
      The new yardstick of society today is integrity. What
      holds up is integrity. Integrity impacts the bottom line.
      To be integrous is a way of worshipping God. Your
      integrity influences everybody else. And the new
      measure of success is going to be integrity.
      We find God through simplicity, through renunciation,
      which is internal, to be willing to surrender to God the
      satisfaction one gets out of one's mental gyrations.
      Everything we let go of within ourselves, we also let
      go of in the world. Everything that serves my Self also
      serves the world. What we heal within ourselves, we
      heal within the world.
      In quantum reality, the pull of the future is equal to or
      greater than the drag of the past. Everyone here has
      a great future. You're not here because of the guilt of
      the past; you're here because of the joy of the future.
      At a certain high level, beyond ecstasy and the
      willingness to surrender even that to God, one
      reaches an incomprehensible level. Then, one may
      return to the world, respond to it in a way that the
      world comprehends, and be undisturbed by it.
      There is no now, any more than there is a then or a to
      be. There is only alwaysness. Always is always, until
      one elects to leave it.
      There is a counterforce to every level of
      consciousness. It can be very effective but also a
      snap to get rid of when you know how. You may find
      something in yourself that drives you crazy, but it's
      actually caused by something small. You can stop a
      four-ton locomotive when you know the simple small
      button to hold. When you know, the solution can be
      very simple. You're frustrated because you can't turn
      on the light. Then you see, "The light switch is over on
      the other side. Oh."
      Listen to Dr David Hawkins live or on audio clip at

      Extracts from the online journal Amigo 4
      The unbearable apparentness of being
      Tony Parsons
      Amigo: 'Nobody here, nobody there'. Is that your
      message? The apparent 'us' having an apparent
      interview with an apparent Tony Parsons?
      Tony Parsons: Yes, everything ... we sitting here ... it
      is crazy; and yet this is it: nobody here, nobody there,
      no destination and nothing to talk about.
      A: Could you speak about the two different Paths: the
      Way of the Insight or Knowingness and the Path of
      Love, Surrender and Devotion? Does 'nobody here,
      nobody there' actually mean surrendering to what is?
      Is surrender important?
      TP: It is in one way -except what seekers
      have to realize is that the whole seeker
      is an illusory thing. The only thing worth realizing is that there is no one. And
      actually at the end there is no one who can seek. There is nothing to seek but, what I do see is that for some apparent people (and I have to add the word 'apparent') the way for them is to understand and be clear and then the melting happens. For other people understanding is not really that relevant. It is not important for them. Somehow for them it is an intuitive opening into what is being talked about. There is an element of understanding and clarity about it but basically I do see these people are ready
      to just open. In the end every apparent person in the world lives in their own unique Invitation. Whatever is happening to that person is uniquely their invitation to discover that they are the One. So everybody in the world actually
      is meditating. Everybody in the world is
      in what you could call 'a process', except
      that the process is not happening in time
      because there is no time.
      A: Is Realization a fixed state?
      TP: No, it is not a state at all. And it is not an object.
      There is no such thing as Enlightenment.. There is no
      such thing as an 'enlightened person'. No person has
      ever been 'enlightened'. All there is is light. And in
      that light arises apparent darkness. Part of that
      apparent darkness is the sense that there is some
      one, an identity. There, in that sense of 'there is
      someone', arises separation. Separation is the root
      of all fear and alienation and disease and feelings of
      discomfort, alarm, etc. Then there is a need to go
      beyond that, and so the mind thinks that there is a
      way of going beyond that, because it thinks that there
      is a person there that can find something that takes
      them beyond this fear of separation. And so there is
      the confusion about this because most teachings are
      speaking to an apparent person attaining something
      called 'enlightenment'. All of that is totally illusory and
      rooted in a misunderstanding or ignorance. There is
      only light. And there is apparent darkness.
      Awakening is simply the dropping away of the idea
      that there is anyone, and the apparent darkness is
      again seen as light.

      Jan van Rossum
      The whipped cream that we want on our desert has
      already melted into it. We just have to be ready to
      taste it. With the entering of enlightenment, reality is
      nothing different from the reality that what we call
      'daily life'. Enlightenment is only 'reached' in order to
      live the life of everyday as it presents itself. Because
      then there is surrender to what is. That gives me
      again and again and on an ever deeper level a really
      happy feeling. Everydayness is therefore my favorite
      Jan Koehoorn
      When you come in contact with Advaita, then at first it
      can be used at an intellectual level to answer the
      questions that you ask yourself.
      But that is only in the beginning. The longer you are
      busy with it the crazier it gets:
      ·        Am I now everything, or am I now nothing?

      ·        Is there well something to do, or there is actually nothing to do?

      ·        Why am I not yet enlightened? I understand the whole story but nothing happens!

      ·        Do I have to just let everything happen to me,

                because after all I am consciousness that observes everything?.

      ·        I still allow myself to be pulled around by emotions.

      ·        I can't get rid of my identification!

      The confusion arises mostly because there is search
      for a permanent solution on the level of what changes,
      namely that of body - thinking - feeling. Thinking does
      not offer the searched for rest and simplicity and
      becomes frustrated, and at this point it is possible
      apparently that total insight arises, called
      self-realization, by means of which the solution is no
      longer searched for in the thinking. By means of
      which the entire mechanism of seeking for something
      outside of itself is disabled. And then everything
      becomes simple again. No searching, no doubt, no
      explanation or interpretation needed, just: what IS.
      What I see exists. What I don't see is not there. No
      worries about tomorrow, no regrets about yesterday.
      No searching for a cause, or a how or a why.

      Just be!

      Art: Kathryn Lawrence - Ballet within form

      Viorica Weissman MillionPaths@yahoogroups.com

      Why not investigate the very idea of body?

      Does the mind appear in the body or the body in the
      mind? Surely there must be a mind to conceive the
      "I-am-the-body" idea. A body without a mind cannot
      be 'my body'. 'My body' is invariably absent when the
      mind is in abeyance. It is also absent when the mind
      is deeply engaged in thoughts and feelings.

      Xan MillionPaths@yahoogroups.com

      The Tao gives birth to One.
      One gives birth to yin and yang.
      Yin and yang give birth to all things.
      Now forget this.

      The complete whole is the complete whole.
      So also is any part the complete whole.
      Forget this, too.

      Pain and happiness are simply conditions of the ego.
      Forget the ego.

      Time and space are changing and dissolving,
      not fixed and real. They can be thought of as
      accessories, but don't think of them.

      Supernatural beings without form extend their life
      force throughout the universe to support beings both
      formed and unformed. But never mind this; the
      supernatural is just a part of nature, like the natural.

      The subtle truth emphasizes neither and includes

      If people understood this, world peace and universal
      harmony would naturally arise.

      But forget about understanding and harmonizing

      and making all things one.

      The universe is already a harmonious oneness;

      just realize it.

      If you scramble about in search of inner peace,

      you will lose your inner peace.

      -Hua Hu Jing Chapter 46

      Astrid Fitzgerald

      artist and author works within the spaciousness

      and grounded harmony of perennial wisdom and

      Golden Mean spacial proportions.

      She has two noteworthy books:

      Being Consciousness Bliss;

      An Artist's Book of Inspiration;

      and a website of interesting art

      Gene Poole offers many links to subliminal transfer of data

      NDSN@yahoogroups.com  News stories with a nondual perspective

      John Metzger

      All Roads Lead Home

      Many will no doubt still prefer the security offered along these ancient paths, but the future lies beyond God, beyond scriptures and ecclesiastical authority, in the non-dualistic experience. By whatever channels this may be found, whether through the arts, nature, human relationships or in meditation, this is the way ahead.

      Jerry Katz

      Jihad: holy war or internal spiritual struggle?

      From The Daily Times of Pakistan By Barbara Ferguson

      "In its primary sense it is an inner thing, within self, to
      rid it from debased actions and inclinations, and
      exercise constancy and perseverance in achieving a
      higher moral standard."

      ART: Leszek Forczek Chards of a Nation's Soul

      Farishtah SufiMystic@yahoogroups.com

       -- Hazrat Inayat Khan

      Commentary by -- Hazrat Samuel L. Lewis:

      The Cross is the symbol of Light. The vertical line is
      the way by which Light passes from Source to
      manifestation and also the way by which energy
      returns from manifestation to Source. This is seen in
      the breath. The horizontal line is caused by the action
      between the lower and upper currents and forms the

      The Cross has two forms, one like the letter 'T' in the
      European languages. This represents the crucifixion
      of the soul in matter. The energy does not pass
      above the horizontal line. It strikes it and returns again
      to the earth-plane. This action is called Karma, and it
      brings to one the results of all speech, thought and

      The teaching of all sages was to rise above this
      Karma. That brought the upper part of the vertical line
      of the Cross. It is that portion which is the Divine
      Light. But one cannot carry anything through the close
      lines of the mind-mesh. Only light will go through. Not
      only are all passions and sentiments too coarse to
      pass through and above it to the Buddhic Condition
      (Nuri Mohammed), but even good thoughts and
      feelings cannot pass. Nothing can pass but thought
      and feeling of Unity, which is called Love, and this is
      the very essence of Soul.

      By this the false self is crucified and left behind. What
      is the false self? It is nothing but the thought of self
      made into a false reality, a pseudo-sun in the mental
      world. When one perceives the true Light this sun
      disappears, or by ignoring this false sun, one
      perceives the true sun. This is the higher crucifixion,
      and in the case of Jesus Christ and Moses and some
      others, it even caused the disintegration of the
      physical body, which had been kept together by the
      thought-form of the personality. When thought
      became completely immersed in God, even the
      physical body disintegrated. That is Parinirvana when
      even matter is spiritualized.

      Gene Poole Open_Source_Spirit@yahoogroups.com

      Susan Blackmore http://www.susanblackmore.co.uk/jcs02.htm

      "I asked at the outset 'What is all this? What is all this
      stuff - all this experience that I seem to be having, all
      the time?'. I have now arrived at the answer that all
      this stuff is a grand illusion. This has not solved the
      problems of consciousness, but at least it tells us that
      there is no point trying to explain the difference
      between things that are in consciousness and those
      that are not because there is no such difference. And
      it is a waste of time trying to explain the contents of
      the stream of consciousness because the stream of
      consciousness does not exist."

      John Metzger NondualitySalon@yahoogroups.com

          Before and After NDS

      Jack and Karen were your typical couple. They liked
      having their picture taken with USA TODAY, lunched
      at Burger King almost daily, drove a SUV with raised
      white lettered tires. They were reasonably happy, but
      felt a sort of void.

      Then, they subscribed to NDS, and started reading
      there instead of the newspaper.They met new friends,

      new ideas, new voids that were superior to their old

      void. They traded in the SUV and became vegetarians.

      They recently sent an updated photo. I am so happy for them!