Friday, November 29, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2002
      .
      photo by Al Larus

      You do not get the power of your vision until you perform it on earth for the
      people to see.
      -- Advice to Black Elk from a Lakota Medicine Man

      .

      HIGHLIGHTS #1272
      Friday, November 29, 2002
      Edited by Gloria

      VIORICA WEISSMAN
      MillionPaths

      "Nothing is me" is the first step. "Everything is me"
       is the next. Both hang on the idea "There is a world".
       When this too is given up, you remain what you are-
       the non-dual Self. You are it here and now, but your
      vision is obstructed by your false ideas about your self.

        __ Nisargadatta

      MACE MEALER
      Illuminata

      Vendors of Wisdom

            In the marketplace
             there are those who will try
             to sell you your own shoes
             and then repossess them
             for nonpayment.
             Do not be troubled,
             this is only another
             test of your character,
             and helps reveal the nature
             of desire and ambition.
             It is wise however,
             to check occasionally
             and insure that the hand
             in your pocket
             is your own.

      VIORICA WEISSMAN
      MillionPaths

      "I am . . . the divine expression exactly as I am, right here, right
      now.  You are the divine expression exactly as you are, right here,
      right now.  It is the divine expression, exactly as it is, right
      here, right now.

      Nothing, absolutely nothing, needs to be added or taken away.
      Nothing is more valid or sacred than anything else.  No conditions
      need to be fulfilled.  The infinite is not somewhere else waiting for
      us to become worthy.

      I do not have to experience 'the dark night of the soul,' or
      surrender, be purified or go through any kind of change or process.
      How can the illusory separate self practice something in order to
      reveal that it is illusory?

      I don't need to be serious, honest, dishonest, moral or immoral,
      aesthetic or gross.  There are no reference points.  The life story
      that has apparently happened is uniquely and exactly appropriate for
      each awakening.  All is just as it should be, right now.  Not because
      it is a potential for something better, but simply because all that
      is is divine expression.

      The invitation to discover that there is no one who needs liberating
      is constant.  There is no need to wait for moments of transformation,
      to look for the non-doer, permanent bliss, an egoless state, or a
      still mind.  I don't even have to wait for grace to descend, for I
      am, you are, it is already the abiding grace."

      ~ Tony Parsons

      JERRY KATZ
      NDS

      "Tim G." wrote:
      > Before
      A-B-C and 1-2-3
      > What thoughts did arise?

      > Did i think about
      killing?
      > Did i worry about dying?

      > 'Remember'
      yet?

      There IS simply awakening into whatever this is. That's the natural life. It
      is ongoing and pleasurable. Even the memories being forged, the neural
      connections are equally natural and pleasurable and part of 'whatever this
      is'. That's the basis for meditation methods calling for  observing thoughts
      and not judging them.

      There is simply seeing of what is in front of one and simply the seeing of the
      neural connections being made. The witness is 'everything', or 'light', if you
      wish. It is not affected by impressions at all.

      The center of gravity of this seeing is known as I AM. I AM is only a place to
      gain one's center of gravity so that stillness can occur and the leap beyond
      can happen. In other words, I AM needs to lose itself. When it does, there is
      simply the ongoing awakening into whatever this is, without a center of
      reference or 'gravity'. That is, there is no inquiry.

      With so-called enlightenment, the I AM breaks up and gives way to the light
      known as the witness, while the ongoing awakening into whatever this is,
      continues. With death of the body (which is only another thought), the ongoing
      awakening into whatever this is, ceases. If one is attached to memories and
      emotions, as I AM breaks up so do those attachments, and dying can be
      difficult ("Help me," is often heard at the last stages. We hear it in
      spiritual autobiographies and amongst ourselves in email lists), and at some
      point in the dying process it may appear that one's life is passing before
      them.

      So what does it matter what thoughts arise? What I 'remember' is that they are
      all ABC, 123.  Amazing I got this far without mentioning donuts.

      GILL EARDLEY
      Allspirit

      "You need to train yourself so that at any time and any moment
      you choose, you can free yourself inwardly from your world,
      from others, from the past, from the future, from the previous
      thought and the next thought. This is to find freedom. Yet if
      you then think you are free and have some wisdom, this is not
      so. You should not be attached to solitude or to experiences of
      relative freedom. When you are neither attached to independence
      nor to company then wisdom will manifest."

      ~Chan Master Sheng-Yen

      "Spiritual truth is not something elaborate and esoteric,
      it is in fact profound common sense. When you realize
      the nature of mind, layers of confusion peel away. You
      don't actually "become" a buddha, you simply cease,
      slowly, to be deluded. And being a buddha is not being
      some omnipotent spiritual superman, but becoming at last
      a true human being."

      ~Sogyal Rinpoche

      Allspirit Website:
      http://www.allspirit.co.uk

      CHRISTIANA
      NondualParent

      Hi Nina.. thanks for this lovely and lively reply. My time is
      limited for full reply now, but I enjoy your meanderings about the
      power of story and wanted to share these links. Do you know of Paula
      Underwood's Oneida Native American storytelling work? Here are a few
      lovely teaching stories of hers, shared with love.. Christiana

      http://www.ratical.org/ratville/future/limabean.html (Paula
      Underwood: My father and the lima bean)

      http://www.ratical.org/ratville/future/listen.html ( Paula
      Underwood: I invite you to listen: comments on prenatal learning)

      http://www.ratical.org/ratville/future/

      JP Poffandi
      NDS

      >hello, my name is john.

      Hello John

      I felt deeply touched by your letter.

      I don't know what to say - but I'll just share what I can.

      >i've been in jacksonville,fl for several
      years now, and i'm looking to relocate maybe sometime soon. i
      suppose i'm trying to find somewhere where there are more
      "seekers". not to join some club so i can feel good about
      myself, or not feel
      lost, (for where is one to be found?) just to have the option to
      converse person to person with people who are exploring.

      There are humans seeking understanding in every city and town
      - all over the planet.

      John - from my heart to yours - please feel that it's really
      beautiful and natural and alright to want to feel good - or to not
      want to feel lost - or to want to share and converse and
      explore person to person with other people.

      You are reaching out to Life and Life is reaching to you - always.
      We are Life/Love itself reaching and touching each other.

      >even though more and more i'm not sure what's the point of this. yes i do
      realize there's nothing in particular....well then why move?

      You are alive right now, with lungs that breathe and a heart that
      beats, with feelings and life flowing - right now - alive right now
      with every other person, creature, being and thing in Life.

      In this Life that lives, breathes, feels through you.

      Once John - not so long ago - you were a little boy playing.

      Now you're a man -seeking peace, healing, love, work,
      community.

      Can you remember a time when you were a boy - when you
      played and played and laughed carefree under the sun - and as
      you naturally played - it didn't cross your mind to ask a question
      like "what's the point of this?"

      You just played. Lived.

      Just alive - feeling and experiencing and being alright with just
      being. Being perfectly alright with just being, existing,
      experiencing, feeling.

      That's still you. That way of experiencing is still here for you and
      me - as we open our hearts.

      This is a time of healing for you - for me - for all of us - for the
      whole planet.

      I encourage you to do what your heart guides you to do.

      >i just feel like it, not trying to escape. so please just offer some
      suggestions, if there are any. thanks

      John, maybe we all - in one way or another - know what it is to
      run and run in life - towards something - trying to escape from
      something we feel - shake something loose - get free.

      May you and me and everyone find in our hearts that living
      freedom, peace and perfect acceptance.

      John - I hug you tight - and wish you love and every happiness
      always.

      JOSEPH RILEY
      Panhala

      When you want to lay yourself open for the divine,
      like a snare that is hollowed out to its depth,
      like a canopy that projects a shadow
      from the divine heat and light
      into your soul,
      then go into your inner place physically,
      or to that story or symbol that reminds you of the sacred.
      Close the door of your awareness to
      the public person you think yourself to be.
      Pray to the parent of creation, with your inner sense,
      the outer senses turned within.
      Veiling yourself, the mystery may be unveiled through you.
      By opening yourself to the flow of the sacred,
      somewhere, resounding in some inner form,
      the swell of the divine ocean can move through you.
      The breathing life of all reveals itself
      in the way you live your life.

      Matthew 6:6

      (Neil Douglas-Klotz ,
      The Hidden Gospel: Decoding the Spiritual Message of
      the Aramaic Jesus
      )

      Web archive of Panhala postings at www.Panhala.net/Archive/Index.html