Sunday, November 17, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2002
      HIGHLIGHTS # 1260
      Sunday, November 17, 2002
      Guest Editor: Jeff Belyea

      Posted by Kristin Heuser on Guru Satsang

      I love Jesus' teachings now that I understand them from the non-dual
      perspective. Their meaning comes alive for me as never before. If
      people didn't take religion so literally, perhaps the world would be
      a better place. Take the essence and leave the dogma. At least it
      works for me.

      Here is a link I happened upon that shows the underlying unity in the
      world's major religions and how they are non-dual at their core.
      It's primarily about the Mystical Qabalah, but it shows its
      commonality with other religions.

      http://www.workofthechariot.com

      Love & Peace,
      Kristin

      Posted by Mary Lee Robertson on papajeff

      The more I delve into the 'Eastern' perspective, the
      clearer my understanding is of Jesus's words, "The
      Kingdom of Heaven is within you".

      Mary Lee (Sunny)

      Posted by Judi Rhodes on Meditation Society of America

      The Anatomy of a Dwarf, Robert S. De Ropp, from The Master Game

      The false ego is a component of man's psyche which follows him into high
      places, a clown, a buffoon, hunchback, dwarf, a poor companion but one not easy
      to shake off. To know its aspect, to be able clearly to define its limits, the
      student must observe and gather material. Nothing is gained by concealment.
      The false ego derives its power from its capacity for disguise. It shows
      itself now in one form, now in another, will pick up high-sounding phrases and
      trot them out like a parrot, will learn the language of the inner work and talk
      of higher states of consciousness, mystical experience, occult powers and
      celestial influences. Talk is its milieu. It love talking. If it cannot find
      anyone else to talk to, it talks to itself or engages in imaginary
      conversations with some friend or admirer.

      Admiration it loves. To strut and show off like a jackdaw in peacock'
      feathers is for the false ego the very height of bliss. But if anyone
      criticizes this performance, if anyone dares to suggest that the plumage is
      borrowed and the whole display a fake, how bitter the resentment, how anguished
      the outcries and protests! Not satisfied with weeping on the shoulders of
      everyone within reach, this tiresome entity will fill the whole psyche with
      lamentations, airing its grievances in imaginary conversations which, because
      of the cyclic nature of the mental hookup, repeat themselves interminably. "He
      wronged me, he insulted me, he damaged my reputation, he made me look
      foolish." In such phrases as these, with a thousand variations depending on
      circumstances, does the false ego express its reaction when the praise it so
      dearly loves is withheld or its antics are treated with disdain.

      The counsel of perfection is not to let the false ego take charge, to avoid
      those situations in which he is likely to play a dominant role. True to the
      old saying, "Birds of a feather flock together", this aspect of the psyche is
      automatically drawn into the company of fools who pander to his weakness and
      praise his performance. Certain people, as any careful observer can note, get
      together for no other reason than to reinforce each others false egos, forming
      little mutual-admiration societies within which they can display their most
      artificial aspects without fear of censure.

      Friends of the false ego are foes of the essence. An essence friend is no
      flatterer and does not admire the antics of the inner fool. It was well said
      by the Sufi poet, Rumi, that the friendship of a fool is like the friendship of
      a bear. He added, in another story, that even Jesus fled from the fool,
      saying: "I can make the blind see, the deaf hear, the lame run and raise the
      dead, but I cannot turn the fool away from his folly." So the practical
      student of Creative Psychology learns to avoid these people and circumstances
      which encourage the manifestations of the false ego. Instead he seeks essence
      friends whose aims are similar to his own. This does not mean that he lacks
      compassion or is excessively critical. He is simply a realist who knows his own
      limitations and does not propose to make a hard task still harder by
      deliberately fostering his own delusions.

      Happy Days,
      Judi

      Bob and JP on NDS
      Guest editor's Note: And this exchange on the Non Duality Salon
      featuring Bob (calsfbob) and that master provocateur, JP Poffandi

      Hi Bob

      I didn't read any critical review of yours - but I did read a
      message you wrote to me.

      Can you show me your pent-up envy-hate, Bob?

      I know the stinking pus of that wound, brother.

        Man talk: my pus is bigger than your pus.

      Just be honest with it. Be alright with it. No one's going to punish
      you - but you - and you don't have to anymore.

      Yes. I get so sickly sweet at times. A weakness I guess. Yup it's
      true. I can sometimes be a sentimental jerk. I wear my heart on
      my snotty sleeve.

      On full moons I even turn into a ghastly hugging Leo Buscaglia.

      I'm Greek - Armenian - French - Italian. The full spectrum of
      emotions happen.

      I feel.

      I'm no cyborg. I'm not a chaser of the ultimate void. I have an ego.

      I can feel Love Life passion fire flow through me - feel God's
      music, light and happiness flow through me when I write, sing,
      express, make love, dance, laugh, cry, pray, rant, play, criticize,
      philosophize, dream this dream, whatever.

      You know...emotion...that disgusting stuff that dirty unspiritual
      sleeping masses, non-white ethnic minorities, children, women,
      gay men and animals have...

      You remember...that fire that burns in our beautiful wounded
      warrior hearts when they open...

      Bob - It's My Big Fat Greek Life.

      Sweet ouzo and salty feta cheese.

      Smash the dishes!

      >  Look how much time you put into this
      retort.

      No sweat, Bob.

      In a few minutes it sputters out from my twisted heart.

      >  Was it really worth
      it?

      Yes.

      No regrets.

      >  My point was
      simple.

      Not quite.

      >  Life has all the cheerleaders it
      needs to keep everyone asleep to the
      >  game. How can someone really
      believe they are not asleep, who are
      >  sound asleep to that? How can
      someone really believe they are evolved
      >  who are just part of the
      herd?

      Bob, listen to yourself...

      You want to believe that you are someone who is awake and
      evolved - and not a part of the sleeping herd?

      You do not want to be in the muck with the sleeping sick human
      scum - you're beyond the masses?

      The herd disgusts you?

      It's okay if it does. It's no crime. It's honest.

      You want to feel special and among the brave, the few, the
      proud, the elect - above it all?

      Repeat after me: Mooooooo!

      You are awakening - seeing the trance and the conditionings.
      Great. So what? Does any kind of awakening somehow make
      you separate from any other human being or life form on this
      living planet - in this infinite living Universe - in the One Reality
      (whatever you wanna call it)? Does it make you holier?

      Does your nondual view conceal a bitter and stark dualism?

      Seeing our enslaving conditioning and domestication - seeing
      our trances - yes! Trying to awaken in this dream - yes - we're
      both trying to do that.

      Me - I can drift in and out of this dreamstate as I awaken. I'm a
      snoring, horny mad dog on the muddy banks of an infinite Ocean
      of Love. My leash is tight and it pulls on my flea-bitten neck and I
      pull back.

      (Love is just the word I use. And it's everything to me - not just
      light and fluffy angelic kissy stuff).

      And by all means....please take me to your favorite Boddhisattva,
      Buddha, Christ or Avatar who thinks s/he is apart from the All of
      this - who is just glad to have made it out of the filth of samsaric
      existence and the ghetto of unevolved beings and who is
      disgusted by them.

      And I'll gladly go Sicilian Vito Corleone on their ass.

      >  This all has absolutely NOTHING to do with
      consumerism or
      >  entertainment - you just completely misunderstood
      the whole post if
      >  you truly think so (judging by your words
      below!) Perhaps, you should
      >  re-read it without the glommed-on
      personality that keeps you
      >  continually misinterpreting
      everything.

      I'm no Kreskin.

      I interpret what you say - as best I can.

      Do you hate personality in yourself or others?

      Do you begrudge the existence of personality?

      Me - I know how to be a Grand Inquisitor and Executioner of
      self-hatred and self-loathing. I came by it honestly - and
      dishonestly.

      I know the pain of hating my personality - hating my self - hating others.

      Thankfully - even old, blind, snarly, drooling mangy beat-up
      junkyard dogs can be taught new tricks.

      >  Eminem and your appreciation of him is one
      thing.
      >  That you feel/think you must advertise that, to a bunch
      of
      >people presumably on a higher course, reveals much about
      >you,
      sir. Try looking at that.

      I appreciate Eminem. I appreciate you too. I will advertise
      whatever to whoever whenever, madam.

      I'll be what you want me to be.

      I'll try to look at anything straight on. Including the stuff that
      the holy proud hateful righteous look down on.

      Yeah - Eminem is part of the One Thing alright. What isn't? Bob,
      what isn't?

      People on a "higher" course?

      You are on a higher course Bob?

      I'm on a lower course. Right down in the ground with the grass
      and the rocks and the sand and the worms - in the sea with the
      plankton - in every beating aching heart.

      Without worry no more of what you he she they may think - I will
      stand up and speak out - face to face and toe to toe if I've got to.

      I will boldly and like a raving madman declare that all are holy -
      all are parts of the One - that all are the very face and voice of
      the One Who Loves and is Love.

      I will try to be true - keep getting stupid - and sing the song
      flowing in my bleeding heart.

      Bob, every creature displays - in one way or another. The One
      Love is displaying.

      I am a creature. Like you.

      Even in this phantasmagoric dream.

      Sing your song Bob. Display. Play.

      >  One thought about that, is this. You are a
      dilettante. Nothing wrong
      >  with that, of course, but you're all
      over the map - scattered,
      >  comical, silly, weepy at the wrong
      things, and angered at the wrong
      >  things.

      Yes. I am grateful to be a fool - a mad troubador - who writes bad
      poetry for the pleasure of the one I love.

      I'm all over and inside the map. Burning the map to ashes.
      Following the example of my teachers. Following truth
      through my lies. Following my vagabond heart.

      Weepy at this - angry at that - touched by this - learning and
      unlearning through this and that. Saying this or that. In wonder
      and strength and confusion, death and birth and illusion -
      grateful - in forests sky sea earth star suns - in the ocean of the
      one that is my eternal home.

      I'm going natural - naked.

      Wild and passionate.

      Singing my song.

      Do I disgust you? Annoy you? Frighten you? Amuse you?

      Or do you feel nothing?

      >  Calm down, smile and don't take "apparent"
      criticisms so  personally.

      Does passion scare you? Seem unholy and tainted to you?

      I know what that's like. It can be scary.

      I share with you like this - any way I want to - I feel okay and I
      feel a groove coming through. I am smiling.

      I do like you Bob - with clean anger and soft tenderness - from
      the very first time we started dancing this mirror tango.

      You want me to be nice and lovey-dovey to you? You want me to
      fake that I've got no ego or personality? Play an act for you of
      being enlightened, mild, wimpy and gracious while you try to
      whack me?

      As we say in Palermo - foggetaboutit.

      What arises - arises.

      Let it just be. Let's learn from it. In honesty.

      Say what you want to say - I love to hear it - whatever way it goes.

      Here it is from me now.

      May it help somehow.

      And entertain you too!

        Opa!!!!!!

      >  That said.
      >  See how you completely
      misunderstand everything?

      Everything?

      Your extremities are showing again Bob - black or white.

      Yes. I do see how I misunderstand. I am glad you help me see
      better how I misunderstand everything.

      >  Entertainment and Hollywood is not the demon. Life
      is simply on a
      >  roll, and the riff-raff under its' feet are the
      clueless humans doing
      >  its' bidding, pulling in more
      (don't-really-need-to-be) converteds.
      >  Congrats. That's one job
      you'll probably have for life - no pun
      >  intended.

      Riff-raff under Life's feet?

      Clueless humans?

      Let's stoke the ovens and let them dig their own ditches. Don't
      waste a bullet. Who needs that human riff-raff scum anyhow?

      I hear you Bob - loud and clear.

      Why do you hate your self so deeply?

      Who do you hate? On whom do you want to take revenge?

      I know what that feels like. Oh yeah!

      Dive into it with me. All the way in. No stopping.

      I am - like it or not - your brother and your self.

      >  ~~~~~Bob
      >
      >  ps- you just
      want to "get into" don't you JP. Can't resist a fight,
      >  if even
      only with words, because you believe you ARE da'man,
      >  with woids
      that is, right?

      Yes. I am here - I am a man - get used to it.

      And yeah Bob - I'll get nasty with you - the way we Greeks do.

      If I feel it may somehow help me and you.

      And I'll fight you - with red blood all around.

      Knowing every drop is spilled on holy ground.

      I fold my hands to you always.

      Peace.

      It's done.