Friday, November 8, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2002
      #1251 Friday, November 8, 2002  Edited by Gloria

      AMRITA OSBORNE
      from DAILY DHARMA

      "One day when Pooh was out walking, he came to a large
      oak tree. From the top of the tree came a loud buzzing
      noise.

      He said to himself: 'The only reason for making a
      buzzing noise that I know of is because you're a bee.
      And the only reason for being a bee that I know of is
      making honey. And the only reason for making honey is
      so as 'I' can eat it.' He began to climb the tree.  He
      climbed and he climbed and he climbed. He sang a
      little song: 'Isn't it funny, How a bear likes honey?
      Buzz! Buzz! Buzz! I wonder why he does?'
      ~ from Winnie the Pooh and Some Bees

      "...Big Nutbrown Hare settled Little Nubrown Hare into
      his bed of leaves.  He leaned over and kissed him good
      night. Then he lay down close by and whispered with a
      smile, 'I love you right up to the moon - and back.'"
      ~from Guess How Much I Love You

      "Lord, keep me safe throughout the night,
      Protect me from my fears.
      Let angels watch me as I sleep,
      Til morning light appears. Amen."
      ~from Thank You For This Day

      Ok, i'm visiting my grandchildren... lol..
      but i do love you to the moon, hope angels watch over
      you tonight, and am sure honey nature is the same as
      Buddha Nature. nite everyone, love, dg

      GILL EARDLEY
      Allspirit

      Friends,

      Some of you will remember the nondualquotes list. I have
      finally managed to make webpages with all of the quotations/
      poems which I posted on that list.  You can read them at:

      http://www.allspirit.co.uk/nondualquotes.html

      My next task will be to archive allspirit inspiration, before
      I begin the rather more daunting task of the old allspirit
      list.

      namaste, gill

      JAN BARENDRECHT

      Bonds

      mirrored in the pond
      lilies double vision shows
      dual are all bonds
      yet there is a double blind
      to unveil true peace of mind

      HARSHA

      An Invitation to Write and Share

      Dear Friends,

      The next volume of HS Magazine is in the planning
      stages now and we are looking for your input.

      At this point, we are seeking all sorts of articles
      from experienced yogis and meditators and health care
      practitioners and even weight lifters on diet, health,
      and various types of yogas, including Kundalini Yoga.
      We are also interested in articles on illness and
      spirituality, work and spirituality. If you have some
      good ideas and want to write, please contact me or one
      of the editors for the magazine. The HS mag now has a
      very substantial readership and is dedicated to be an
      outlet for the teachings of love and nonviolence in
      the context of a spiritual life.

      As usual, we will have articles on Advaita and Ramana
      Maharshi and the teachings of the great Sage of
      Arunachala, as well as writings on nonviolence.

      In addition, we will continue with our tradition of
      publishing poetry and art and being a resource for
      other creative energies related to the spiritual
      journey.

      Love to all
      Harsha

      The link to the magazine is given below.

      HarshaSatsangh Magazine and Website is at

      http://www.harshasatsangh.com

      MARK
      Allspirit

      "Love Calls Us to the Things of This World"
      -Richard Wilbur

         The eyes open to a cry of pulleys,
      And spirited from sleep, the astounded soul
      Hangs for a moment bodiless and simple
      As false dawn.
                Outside the open window
      The morning air is awash with angels.

         Some are in bed-sheets, some are in blouses,
      Some are in smocks: but truly there they are.
      Now they are rising together in calm swells
      Of halcyon feeling, filling whatever they wear
      With the deep joy of their impersonal breathing;

         Now they are flying in place, conveying
      The terrible speed of their omnipresence, moving
      And staying like white water; and now of a sudden
      They swoon down into so rapt a quiet
      That nobody seems to be there.

                            The soul shrinks

         From all that it is about to remember,
      From the punctual rape of every blessed day,
      And cries,
             "Oh, let there be nothing on earth but laundry,
      Nothing but rosy hands in the rising steam
      And clear dances done in the sight of heaven."

         Yet, as the sun acknowledges
      With a warm look the world's hunks and colors,
      The soul descends once more in bitter love
      to accept the waking body, saying now
      In a changed voice as the man yawns and rises,

         "Bring them down from their ruddy gallows;
      Let there be clean linen for the backs of thieves;
      Let lovers go fresh and sweet to be undone,
      And the heaviest nuns walk in a pure floating
      Of dark habits,
                      keeping their difficult balance."

      TIM GERCHMEZ
      Nondual Gems

      To climb up the mountain is to climb down.
      To climb down the mountain is to go nowhere.
      To go nowhere is to understand there is nowhere to go.
      To understand there is nowhere to go is to stop climbing down.
      To stop climbing down is to be at the top of the mountain.

      -- "Omkara"