Thursday, November 7, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2002
      Issue #1250 - Edited by Jerry - Thursday, November 7, 2002

      REJUVENATION
      from Live Journal

      The Meditative Rose - Salvador Dali

      A wonderful
      print to
      use as a
      focal point
      during
      relaxation or
      meditation.

      ~M

      SUSANNA GANDOLF

      "The only difference between me and a madman is that I am
      not mad." --Salvador Dali

      <http://198.63.56.18/pdf/grosso.pdf>

      JOHN METZGER

      <http://www.wired.com/animation/collection/theodore_ushev/dissociation/>

      FIRECEREMONY
      from Live Journal

      When awareness burns steadily along with the sense
      impressions, pain becomes just another sensation,
      registered, present, strong or weak, but an inseparable
      part of awareness itself. When water is poured into
      water, there is only current and movement, and water and
      then water's mirror is smooth again.

      REJUVENATION
      from Live Journal

      Dying Cricket - Haiku

      Dying cricket --
      how full of
      life, his song.

      "This should be the situation of every alert and aware person.
      Even dying full of life, full of song -- and then there is no death."

      ~Hyakujo: The Everest of Zen

      SERAPHIMSIGRIST
      from Live Journal

      THE MICROBE
      The Microbe is so very small
      You cannot make him out at all,
      But many sanguine people hope
      To see him through a microscope.
      His jointed tongue that lies beneath
      A hundred curious rows of teeth;
      His seven tufted tails with lots
      Of lovely pink and purple spots,
      On each of which a pattern stands,
      Composed of forty separate bands;
      His eyebrows of a tender green;
      All these have never yet been seen--
      But Scientists, who ought to know,
      Assure us that they must be so....
      Oh! let us never, never doubt
      What nobody is sure about!

      Hilaire Belloc
      From "More Beasts for Worse Children."

      SOURCEVISCERAL
      from Live Journal

      H u g m a n

      This is so wonderful. It makes me so happy.

      <http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/4353785.htm>

      current mood:  thankful