Wednesday, October 30, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002

      Thailand. From <http://www.goodearthgraphics.com/under_earth/world/world.htm>

      Issue #1243 - Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - Edited by Jerry

      Inner and Outer Adventure in Thailand with Arjuna and
      Friends

      Dear Friends

      We have been receiving many inquiries lately about our
      retreat in Thailand in March. We did not want to take
      bookings until we had all the logistics firmly in place.
      Lasse Ek, my good friend in Sweden has just completed all
      the preparations, and we are ready to welcome you to the
      retreat.

      Lasse has done a fantastic job! We will be staying at a
      very luxurious resort the first week, that offers Thai
      massage, Ayurveda, yoga classes, a great beach and, and,
      and... At this resort Chameli and I will be offering the
      Living Essence Tools, and particularly deeper work with
      men and women to explore the limits to intimacy and real
      love.

      During the second week Lasse and his partner Carina will
      lead us in wild and wonderful outdoor adventures: camping
      and hiking on an island that is a volcanic nature
      reserve, deep sea diving and scuba diving, more hiking,
      exploring, swimming.... we can hardly wait!

      We will take 40 people for this adventure, with 4
      leaders. About 20 people have contacted us so far saying
      they want to come, so it might fill quite fast. If you
      feel a pull to sun and depth and adventure in the middle
      of March, come take a look at the pages on our site:

      http://www.livingessence.com/thailand.html.

      I have been totally immersed in several new books the
      last months, and hence have become a recluse. We
      apologize for the lapse in maintaining our website, it
      has been taken care of now. My novel, five years in the
      making, will be ready soon, and Living Fullness, the book
      that has taken most of my time, is also coming along. It
      is based in interviews with more than one hundred and
      fifty contemporary mystics: including Eckart Tolle, Byron
      Katie, Jean Huston, Ram Dass, so it has been wonderful
      doing the research!

      We send you love. If you can make it to Thailand, that
      will be a wonderful time to share.

      Be well, share the blessings...

      Arjuna

      from The Other Syntax

      In any case, you're never aloneĀ—there are many beings
      aware of you at  all times, loving you, ready to make you
      feel it whenever you are  ready to open up to it, taking
      care to see that you don't get in too  deep, encouraging
      you to love yourself.

      The world you see is in truth a reality of convenienceĀ—in
      a sense, the  universe will compassionately arrange
      itself into anything you need it  to be to work out your
      preferences. You have an infinite choice of  worlds to
      live in.  (...) Whatever your choice, whatever vibrations
      feel right to you, you will  tune in and stabilize with
      others believing the same thing. On the  space level,
      like usually attracts like.

      --Thaddeus Golas

      STACY
      from The Other Syntax

      Beware Those Who Weep With Realization

      He reiterated that my concentration had to be total, that
      to  understand was of crucial importance, that the new
      seers placed the  highest value on deep, unemotional
      realizations.

      "To understand, one needs sobriety, not emotionality.
      Beware of  those who weep with realization, for they have
      realized nothing."

      The Glow of Awareness
      THE FIRE FROM WITHIN
      Carlos Castaneda

      JAN BARENDRECHT
      from NDS

      seemingly inside
      under layers of turmoil
      hides the biggest smile
      once delivered from all fear
      it can't even hide in tears

      LOBSTER
      from the Nasrudin list

      (edited, hopefully not out of context. --ed.)

      Would a failed Taoist be a success?
      Ken Wilber strikes me as a very dynamic
      personality.
      As we all know Nasrudin is quite often
      a failure as a person, mystic and Moslem.
      Is that paradoxically the nature of his success?

      Would Nasrudin say about Ken Wilber:
      "He certainly knows what he is talking about
      - a good reason not to trust him . . . "

      I am still struggling with the Mahayana dictum:
      "Emptiness is form and form is Emptiness"
      If I ever get past that maybe I will be
      confident enough to read Mr Wilburs ideas . . .

      SVCS
      from I Am

      M. There is fire on the screen in a cinema show: does it
      burn the  screen ? There is a cascade of water: does it
      wet the screen ? There  are tools : do they damage the
      screen ? Fire and water are only  phenomena on the screen
      of Brahman and do not affect it.

      Note : This is a perfect illustration of Sri Krishna's
      words in the  Bhagavad-Gita that fire does not burn it (
      the Self), nor does water  wet it, nor can swords cut it,
      of which no one can plead ignorance;  for there is
      scarcely an intelligent person who has not witnessed it
      in a picture-house, and has not known that the piece of
      cloth - the  screen - which receives the fury of fire,
      water and swords remains  completely unaffected by the
      celluloid conflagration that appears to  rage on it. The
      screen is the seeing mind, the subject spoken of in  the
      last note, and the celluloid conflagration is the world.

      Hari Aum !!!