Tuesday, October 8, 2002

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2002
      In GuruRatings "bill hajdu" wrote:
      My comments follow ref.

      > Message:
      >    Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 16:10:35
      >    From: "Robert Meizer" > Subject: Re:
      Teacher's agenda
      > "dan330033" wrote:
      > > > the tao
      that can be named.. is the tao that can be named.. :-)

      > > > jeroen
      > >
      > > Indeed.
      > >
      > > The
      tao that cannot be named ... is not the
      > >   tao that cannot
      be named.

      > > Dan
      > The tao that can be
      named. The tao that cannot be named. The tao
      > can be named and
      the tao that cannot be named. Neither the tao that
      > can be named nor the
      tao that cannot be named. Not :-)
      > bobby

      since you two brought it up, please allow me to present the opening
      to my
      re-translation of the TTC:

      1.  The Tao

      The miracle of all that is I name the Tao---
      Knowing the Tao will remain long after my word is forgotten,
      Knowing that it is impossible to capture the meaning
      Of all that is and all that will be in a single word.

      To experience the Tao is to write ten thousand words.
      To try to experience the Tao is to read their reflection in a murky
      Effortless effort aligns the human frequency with the Tao.
      I vibrate in harmony with the universe.

      It is the eternal mystery.
      It is the way of the Tao
      Glamour implies illusion on astral or emotional levels, while illusion is essentially mental in nature. Glamour is illusion intensified by desire.
      In SufiMystic@yahoogroups.com another approach to glamour
      From:  "cornelius" <d_agenda2000@y...>
      Date:  Tue Oct 8, 2002  11:35 pm
      Subject:  Re: Sahaja and Glamours

      --- In SufiMystic@y..., Ramon Sender <rabar@m...> wrote:

      Hi Ramon,

      Thanks for the scan of this Bailey work; in part due to its slimness its an accessible read. And unlike a title like "A treatise of Cosmic Fire", "Glamour" has connotations to the layman. You don't have to be
      an occultist to have a jaundiced eye about "glamour" (unless you are
      someone who fawns over movie stars, luvs the latest fashions or even
      puffs out your chest at Hail to the Chief).
      "Glamour" conjures images of untamed Egotism that is part and
      particle of cosmopolitianism: fashion, movie, drug, political,
      financial, whatever, industries....in short the stuff of a "world
      In the terms or schemes you mention (astral, illusion and maya)
      Bailey illustrates that Glamour is no blemish on the face, the acne
      of consumer culture, but a spiritual pollution or disease that will
      be found in the three or whatever number of bodies or planes: astral,etheric.
      In your reference to the Rays one is reminded of sweeping
      generalizations (still useful IMHO) use to construct personality
      archetypes in Astrology and the Ennegram.
      Am I the only one who held that Maya and Illusion was synonmous
      (until you make it clear that Bailey drew compelling distinctions).
      And not until recently I thought that the Astral Plane was a "place"
      of illumination! But then, there's probably alot of dispute amongst
      esotericist as to what the hell the Astral plane is supposed to be.

      If Glamour is superfically pointed out by the glossiness of objects
      of Egoic mind, I wonder what would be Bailey's take on the
      development of the internet culture. I see it as nonGlamourous. I
      don't have the esoteric insight, but if Glamour is a parasite of
      hierarchical, ego-fostering power structures, the internet up to this
      stage is so pedestrian or horizontal, it

      > Speaking of
      > there is a book from the Lucis Trust by Alice
      Bailey titled
      > "Glamour - A World Problem" that bears a closer
      > In it she outlines various problems around 'mental
      > 'astral glamour' and 'etheric Maya' that impedes
      > spiritual advancement and usefulness in both individual
      > groups. As she points out, this all involves the attachment
      > powers and the misuse of energies -- siddhi
      > Glamour on the mental plane - illusion -
      includes wrong perception
      > of an idea, wrong interpretation,
      direction, integration.
      embodiment and application.
      > Glamour
      also occurs on the personal, the family level, the national and the racial. Astral glamours include materiality, sentiment, devotion, pairs of opposites and glamour of the Path. Bailey recommends 'Study the three temptations of Jesus." She continues:
      > "Only through Raja
      Yoga can a person stand steady in the light, and only through illumination and the achieve of clear vision can the fogs and miasmas of glamour be finally dissipated. Only as
      > the disciple learns to hold the mind
      'steady in the light', and as
      > the ways of pure light stream forth
      from the soul, can the glamour
      > be discovered, discerned,
      recognized for what it essentially is, and thus be made to disappear as he mists of earth dissolve in the
      > rising sun."
      Glamour upon the etheric levels - Maya - occurs when one has
      gained the Path. She writes, "When to the power of maya is added
      the condition of glamour and also the illusons of the advanced
      disciple, it will be seen how necessary it is that there should be
      quiet differentiation between the three types of deception... The
      aspirant has to learn to stand free from illusion, glamour and maya, and to do this must understand the means to freedom which are: Intuition, Illumination and Inspiration."
      > She then lists 64
      occurring types of Glamour under the subheadings
      > of the Seven
      Rays. Briefly:
      > Ray I: physical strength, personal
      magnetism, self-centeredness,
      > selfish personal ambition,
      rulership-dictatorship, Messiah complex in politics, divine right of kings, destruction, isolation -aloofness, superimposed will.
      > Ray II: love of being loved, popularity, personal wisdom,
      > responsibility, too complete an understanding that negates
      right action, self-pity, Messiah complex in the world of religion and world need, fear based on undue sensitivity, self-sacrifice, selfish unselfishness, self-satisfaction, selfish service.
      > Ray
      III: being busy, cooperation with the Plan in an individual and not a group way, active scheming, creative work without true motive, good intentions (basically selfish), 'the spider at the center," "God in the machine," devious and continuous
      > manipulation, self-importance
      from the standpoint of knowing and
      > efficiency.
      Ray IV: Harmony (aiming at personal comfort), of war, of conflict
      with the objective of imposing righteousness and peace, vague artistic perception, psychic perception instead of intuition, musical perception, of the pairs of opposites in the higher sense.
      > Ray V: of
      materiality (over-emphasis of form), of the intellect, of knowledge, of assurance (narrow point of view), of form that hides reality, of organization, of the outer that hides the inner.
      > Ray VI:
      of devotion, of adherence to forms and persons, of
      idealism, of loyalties and creeds, of emotional response, of sentimentality, of interference, of the lower pairs of opposites, of World Saviours and Teachers, of the narrow vision, of fanaticism.
      > Ray VII:
      of magical work, of the relation of the opposites, of the
      subterranean powers, of that which brings together, of the physical body, of the mysterious and secret, of sex magic, of the merging manifested forces.
      > Bailey then goes on to deal with the two great
      contrasting forces
      > the aspirant must face, which she names The
      Angel of the Presence
      > and The Dweller on the Threshold. Not to
      belabor this much further, I think she sums it up well as follows:
      > "The aspirant has, therefore, three pairs of opposites with which
      to deal as she/he progresses towards light and liberation.
      > 1. On
      the physical plane - the dense and the etheric, fought out on the Path of Purification.
      > 2. On the astral plane - the well-known dualities.
      Fought upon
      > the path of discipleship.
      > 3. On the mental
      plane - The Angel and the Dweller. Fought upon
      From: "gwh0002" <gwh00@h...> writes:
      > Only after the event of surrender at the heart
      and a concrete grounding in the non-duel reality of the source can
      there be true relationship.
      > Mother
      Conductor: "Next stop, 24-hour effortless abiding. Tickets,
      > Ramon: "I don't think it hurts to recite aloud
      the above glamours
      with a firm renunciation of same, while waiting for the train to pull into the station."
      And finally, this:
      no, this is not an advert (well, it is but it is funny) and no, i haven't checked dout the site.