Monday, September 23, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2002

      The door, nijiriguchi, of Taian, is merely a weathered plank.

      Detail of Taian Teahouse

      #1206 - Monday, September 23, 2002 - Editor: Jerry - Home: <http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm>

      The Transhuman Singularity

      ROSANNA'S Macrobiotic KITCHEN©

      The art of preparation with Sufi philosophy and Macrobiotic

      from NDS

      God is a great magician with nothing up His Sleeve.

      from NDS

      The best bowing I have done is to my kids tying their shoe laces.

      Love to all, Harsha

      How do people feel about kneeling in the churches of exoteric
      faiths they don't agree with/countenance?

      Had an opportunity to do this last weekend. Oh, I struggled
      against  it, even thought I would skip the ceremony. Found myself
      sitting in  that circle doing things I had no desire to do. Then I
      looked around  and saw that others were getting nourishment from
      it. Then I noticed  that at the core of what was being done and
      said, there was with  which to disagree. In fact, I recognized all
      of myself in  these 'others'. It was a gathering of facets of me.
      At that point,  bowing was a joy.

      ...............Bowing is a part of the formal  gatherings with my
      spiritual master, as well as the exchange of  prasad. The first
      time I  did it I nearly bolted from the room rather than  go
      through with it.  It was such an affront to ego, every cell in my
      body panicked, sheer  terror. Today, 25 years later, the bowing
      part of  those formal weekly  gatherings is my favorite part.

      I agree with you here Mathew. I think the whole deal with bowing
      is about what is going on within the 'bower' and not the 'bowee'.

      It's all about your consciousness anyway don't you think? Your
      reaction. Your resistance or acceptance. Your growth or stuckness.

      It has nothing to do with what or whom you are bowing to unless
      YOU make it so.

      However, that being said...I think one can bow to anything with
      love and honor...within or without...as only the ego really cares
      one way or t'other what it looks like or whom to......everything
      is Shiva no?

      To hide the bow to 'within' becomes an ego issue if there is
      resistance to humbling oneself publicly... It's all a lot of fun
      to sort out....no?

      Humbling oneself takes a very big spirit and a very tiny ego...a
      very loving heart enmeshed in clarity.

      I'm sure in the beginning it would affect some as though they were
      a cat and it's hair was rubbed the wrong way....ever seen the
      disgusted look on a 'puff-cat'? lol I think gurus are aware of
      this...and tis one of the reasons its a part of the program.

      from Ultimate Advaita

      From Robert Adams' book "Silence of the Heart":

      "Whatever appears to happen to your body or your mind, whether you
       have cancer, AIDS, the D.T.s, bubonic plague, whether you are the
       strongest person on earth, whether your mind feels depressed,
      disillusioned, or you mind feels happy or reassured, WHATEVER
      TO YOU.

      You have absolutely nothing to do with that. Makes no difference
      what's going on in your life. You can be materially relatively the
       happiest person on earth, or you can be miserable, sick. It has
      nothing to do with you. It has absolutely nothing at all to do
      with  you. This is your body and your mind, not you. You are
      Brahman. You  are Nirvana. You are the Absolute Reality. The
      goings on in your body  and mind have absolutely nothing to do
      with you."