Wednesday, September 11, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2002

      Robert S. Wilson, "Where Lemon Trees Sing", oil on canvas, 27" x 24", $1,200
       <http://www.turquoisetortoise.com/wilson/wilson3.htm>

      #1193 - Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - Editor: Jerry - Home: <http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm>

      MARY BIANCO
      from NDS

      In memory of 9/11...
      These are thoughts I wrote after a visit to Ground Zero last October...

      On a peaceful fall day
      I took a subway ride
      to Ground Zero,
      in a feeble attempt
      to conceptualize the event.

      Only a few weeks before the tragedy,
      on a warm August evening
      I danced lightheartedly
      around the granite fountain
      encircling Koenig's bronze sphere,
      centered in the plaza,
      connecting the magnificent towers.

      Freedie Johnson was singing
      "This Perfect world"
      while I stood in awe
      looking up to the delicate
      sacred mountains touching the sky
      reminiscent of  Stonehenge.

      Today,
      with a heart full of sorrow,
      I stand before the broken remains
      of a massive burial ground.
      Ghosts ever-present in the smoldering smell.

      Workers diligently clean ash from the ground
      and reconstruct pipes and cement.
      They are distracted only by a pretty girl passing by.

      Black burned buildings
      wearing funeral clothes of tarp,
      wrapped Christo-like,
      haunt the cityscape.

      Many people come to look.
      Makeshift memorials are strung on gates and sidewalks and
      countless posters and banners from all over the world
      express compassion and support.
      "This is not a tourist attraction", an angry woman cries out
      to the passersby.
      This was her attempt to protect the sanctity of the souls,
      or perhaps cope with her pain.
      I took photos and gaped like the rest,
      said a silent prayer and
      felt the sorrow burn deep into my heart.
      I realized that what one accepts into their being is all that really matters.

      Even through this hateful manifestation,
      my love for humanity continues to grow
      for Love is our only safe harbor.

      Love, blessing and peace always,
      Mary

      STACY AND GT
      from The Other Syntax

      "How does the right way of walking stop the internal
      dialogue?" I  asked.

      "Walking in that specific manner saturates the tonal,"
      he  said. "It floods it. You see, the attention of the
      tonal has to be  placed on its creations. In fact, it is
      that attention that creates  the order of the world in
      the first place; so, the tonal must be  attentive to the
      elements of its world in order to maintain it, and
      must, above all, uphold the view of the world as
      internal dialogue."

      He said that the right way of walking was a subterfuge.
      The  warrior, first by curling his fingers, drew
      attention to the arms;  and then by looking, without
      focusing his eyes, at any point directly  in front of
      him on the arc that started at the tip of his feet and
      ended above the horizon, he literally flooded his
      "tonal" with  information. The "tonal," without its
      one-to-one relation with the  elements of its
      description, was incapable of talking to itself, and
      thus one became silent.

      The Strategy of a Sorcerer
      TALES OF POWER
      Carlos Castaneda

      JAN SULTAN
      from NDS

      Actually, the idea of the Self being the witness is only
      in the mind; it is  not the absolute truth of the Self.
      Witnessing is relative to objects  witnessed. Both the
      witness and his object are mental creations.

      Ramana Maharshi
      Be As You Are p.15

      from Sufimystic

      blow your mind
      <http://www.viewzone.com/abraham.html>

      lol it's been about quater of a century ago, that i've first pointed out to
      some friends that the word "brahma",  repeated without break, spells
      "abraham"....  must have been inspired by his spouse, goddes of speech and
      wisdom, sara-svati.

      thanks,
      yosy

      :) there is only one truth
      that no mouth can utter;
      the rest are just stories
      about the same old tale...

      DUSTIN LINDENSMITH
      from Nondual Parent

      I had a bit of a rough time last night. Z started crying
      pretty hard in the middle of the night after a failed
      feeding attempt by me (in retrospect, we both realized
      that she hadn't wanted to eat when she had awoken
      earlier; she must have simply wanted some cuddling), and
      while I was trying to soothe her, my wife came in and
      took her from my arms to soothe her instead.

      I was insulted (it wasn't the first time this had
      happened), and angry. Z was yelling too loudly for
      either of us to converse, and I left the room in anger,
      frustrated by what felt like another thwarted attempt on
      my part to soothe Z when she's really upset. I've felt
      tension about this point before, when my wife has taken
      Z back from me before I feel like I've had a chance to
      soothe her properly myself. Last night, on only a couple
      hours' sleep, my temper flared when it happened again.

      We had a good discussion about the incident this morning
      and I think we've largely resolved the underlying
      issues. But upon reflecting on the incident myself this
      morning, I remembered how I felt while I was feeling
      that anger. I remember how I observed the anger rise up
      inside me like heat, and how I had to take several deep
      breaths to let that energy dissipate. After a few
      minutes of festering, the anger did begin to die down,
      and within a few more minutes, I felt almost as though
      nothing had happened.

      I thought this was a good thing. At first blush, I
      thought that maybe I shouldn't have even become angry at
      all; that the true sage simply wouldn't have been
      bothered by this in the first place. But upon further
      reflection on that point, I realized (with pleasure)
      that it was perfectly normal and okay for me to have
      felt that anger, and that it clearly dissipates quickly
      when given the opportunity to come forth and move
      through without hold-up or unseemly focus. That is to
      say, this feeling came up in me like no other feeling,
      but disappeared just like all other feelings do as soon
      as I fully acknowledged its presence.

      Hope everyone is having a clear day today. Clear of
      mind, clear of sight.

      GLORIA LEE
      from NDS

      When the Trees Sing

      When the trees sing,
      It doesn't really matter
      If you know the song,
      Or if you know the words,
      Or even if you know the tune.
      What really matters is knowing
      That the trees are singing at all.

      Mattie - 5/6/98
      © Hyperion. All Rights Reserved.

      IAMOM
      from Live Journal

      I didn't even crack a smile when I started
      reading this, but by the end, I was laughing out loud:
      <http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/columnists/dave_barry/4018055.htm>

      BOB ROSE
      from Meditation Society of America

      Cover all the bases

      Mullah Nasrudin was dying. The priest was preparing him
      for his voyage into the great beyond. Whispering firmly,
      the priest said, "Denounce the devil! Let him know how
      little you think of his evil!"  Nasrudin said nothing.
      The priest repeated his order. Still Nasrudin  said
      nothing.

      The priest asked, "Why do you refuse to denounce the
      devil and his  evil?"

      Nasrudin said, "Until I know where I'm heading, I don't
      think I  ought to aggravate anybody."