Thursday, September 5, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2002

      a graphic by Gene Poole

      This is the truth about the pick
      the toothpick is an uncouth stick.

      It is in fact a disquised fork
      it picked my tooth with hidden torque.

      Here is your dual thrill
      my dentist's sending you my bill

      --Al Larus

      #1188 - Thursday, September 5, 2002 - Editor: Jerry - Home: <http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm>

      from several lists:

      9/4/02 "The Birth -- Part 1"

      ~1:00am The midwife says, "Try and get more sleep." Is
      she nuts? We're gonna have a baby tonight! A baby! Do
      you hear that, Everybody-in-the-whole-world? We're going
      to have a baby!!!

      ~1:30am I just took a walk down our long, gravel
      driveway in order to mark our mailbox so that the little
      birthing team could locate us easily.  All I could find
      to use was a pinwheel I nabbed _________________* from
      Ananda's toybox. When I stepped outside in my
      nightshirt, the cool air refreshed and devoured me and
      when I looked up there were about a zillion stars
      smiling down. I told them that the baby was coming
      tonight and they said, "We know!"

      *contraction

      Hi this is Jim! This morning at 5AM....California time
      Zachary made a very easy transition into the world...(a
      very smooth and perfect birth for the mom [and the dad]!
      ;) Kheyala is resting but wanted all of her friends
      on-line to know.

      _______________________________________________________________________-

      from Spiritual Friends list

      True Master

      I always think that to be able to look into the eyes of
      one  true Master is worth one hundred years studying His
      doctrine,  His teaching. In Him you have a direct
      example of enlightenment,  of life, while in others you
      have only a shadow, which may help  you also, but not
      directly. As the Buddha says, "My doctrine is only a
      raft helping to bring you over to the other shore, not
      ultimate  reality; you shouldn't worship it."

      Thich Nhat Hahn in 'The Raft is not the Shore'

      BOB ROSE
      from Meditation Society of America

      Zenlightenment

      Upon meeting a Zen master at a social event, a
      psychiatrist decided to ask him a question that had been
      on his mind. "Exactly how do you help people?" he
      inquired. "I get them to where they can't ask any more
      questions," the Master  answered.

      JERRY
      from From Your Driveway You Can See The Moon

      The Why Method

      <http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/umbada/why.htm>

      Words

      (don't recall the where i learned of this URL.) --jerry

      <http://www-personal.une.edu.au/~lgrunwa2/animations/wordspage.html>