Tuesday, August 27, 2002

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2002
      NonDual Highlights

      Issue #1179 for Tuesday, August 27, 2002
      editor - michael

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~`

      --- In unitive_conscious_awakening@yahoogroups.com "Valerie Bernes" wrote:

      Quote from Tony Parsons "As It Is"

      "I am . . . the divine expression exactly as I am, right here, right
      now.  You are the divine expression exactly as you are, right here,
      right now.  It is the divine expression, exactly as it is, right
      here, right now.

      Nothing, absolutely nothing, needs to be added or taken away.
      Nothing is more valid or sacred than anything else.  No conditions
      need to be fulfilled.  The infinite is not somewhere else waiting for
      us to become worthy.

      I do not have to experience 'the dark night of the soul,' or
      surrender, be purified or go through any kind of change or process.
      How can the illusory separate self practice something in order to
      reveal that it is illusory?

      I don't need to be serious, honest, dishonest, moral or immoral,
      aesthetic or gross.  There are no reference points.  The life story
      that has apparently happened is uniquely and exactly appropriate for
      each awakening.  All is just as it should be, right now.  Not because
      it is a potential for something better, but simply because all that
      is is divine expression.

      The invitation to discover that there is no one who needs liberating
      is constant.  There is no need to wait for moments of transformation,
      to look for the non-doer, permanent bliss, an egoless state, or a
      still mind.  I don't even have to wait for grace to descend, for I
      am, you are, it is already the abiding grace."
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

      --- In Nisargadatta@yahoogroups.com "hurg" wrote:
      advaita tales from the barnyard

      once upon a time a mouse fell in love with the Mountain. after 40
      years of personal drama when the old mouse failed to get a single
      response, he got upset and stopped speaking to the Mountain but the
      Mountain was never even aware of the existence of the poor mouse.

      the free ranging hungry chicken imagined itself in the cereal
      warehouse.

      the submissive dog lovingly devoted himself to his owner.  as a
      reward he dominated the sheep.

      the swan had seen all this before.  the swan stayed in water, but its
      feathers somehow remained dry.  sometimes things were turbulent, yet
      the swan seemed mostly unaffected by the farm's ups and downs.

      the pig was certain that the swan was suffering from delusion of
      liberation.  the pig just could not comprehend how the swan could be
      happy without wallowing in a mud pool.

      hur
      and:

      On one hand an interpretation of advaita points that once we realize
      our true identity, what is required for happiness can be had anywhere
      without effort or material possession. As elegant as it may sound,
      this view represents only one part of the human experience. On the
      other hand we have the fear that all our efforts and education in
      search of truth may not give happiness once we discover the non sugar
      coated version of reality.  It takes tremendous courage to face the
      end of the personal dream before it's over.  Our lives move between
      these two positions, being sweet personal something to "beingness."

      The realization of one's identity may not be as sweet and the after
      effects of the bitter reality pill may not be as bad as we expected
      after all.

      ~~~~~~~~`

      A few selected quotes from the book "The Wisdom of the Zen Masters"
      by Timothy Freke

      ***********
      Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one Reality.

      Hui-Neng

      Only by accepting that the ego is a fabricated illusion do we walk the Buddha's Way.

      Dogen

      If you use your mind to try and understand reality, you will understand neither your mind nor reality. If you try and understand reality without using your mind, you will understand both your mind and reality.

      Bodhidharma

      without striving one attains freedom
      to try is to be bound in striving
      when one lets go
      then it is seen that one was always there

      michael