Thursday, August 15, 2002

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2002
      Open And Free
      The Non-Dual Highlights for
      Thursday, August 15, 2002
      edition #1166
      editor: michael read
      In GuruRatings Jan Sultan  wrote:

      I used to be very humble. In fact, even now, I have to fumble before
      I can find my ego. [Ask my workers!]

      However, now that I know who I really am, why should I be humble? I
      will be cocky when I want to be. [I know, I know.]

      I don't know what part I am supposed to play . that of a humble
      seeker or an arrogant finder?

      Who cares! You think I give a damn what you non-existent characters
      Oops, I keep on forgetting that I am a fictional character too!

      Will the real Jan Shady please stand up, please stand up .

      What is all this nonsense, Jan?

      Well I think it is a touch of Balsekar. In fact it is a lot of

      Can you believe this guy is starting to make sense to me! He is also
      having a strange effect on me . the surroundings seem a little hazy, a
      little unreal! [Maybe there is some hope for me, yet? :-) ]

      I promise to make Balsekar's quotations more palatable for you. Very
      soon I am going to rearrange them into different categories [perhaps with
      some comments and related quotes from Balsekar's guru Nisargadatta].
      Though I warn you his words are more powerful than the local `kill-me-quick'
      illicit brew! Keep looking into your SufiMystic folder.
      freya responsed:

      Ah, don't worry about it.

      You've just lost it, that's all.
      You're just crazy like the rest of us.

      Hey this was a pretty entertaining piece,
      which is really all it takes... a good laugh...that and
      some good music.....so, thanks!

      Show me the guru that makes me laugh at myself  the most.....and i
      will give that guru all the buds.

      (Apologies to all that think all this enlightenment stuff
      is very serious.

      well, i know......it is, but it isnt, but it is, but it isnt, but it
      is, but
      it isnt.....
      yeah, yeah, yeah......OK.

      And yes, fer shur, some of the dudes are really good reading,
      Balkesar is very good

      OK "buds" ......late-ah

      In Illuminata Mace Mealer  wrote:

             If a passionless state is required for realization
             Then why does compassion arise with it's attainment?

             When in single pointed meditation, and an itch
             is perceived, can scratching be a sign of liberation?

             If the deaf require answers in a way that they can
             never receive, what is the benefit of providing
             them answers in this manner?

             If effortless action is required, what action is

             In debate, when is it appropriate to answer
             a relative question with an answer supported by
             the absolute?

             If devotion is a prerequisite to understanding
             the Truth, how is it justified in the realization
             of "Not Two" and "Not To".
      In Nisargadatta "hurg"  wrote:

      are we trying to be somebody, the Self, Love, Consciousness, Brahman
      or Emptiness...and if so, are our attempts a way to fine tune and
      convince ourselves and others of this belief? if this is so, how does
      one dismantle the delusion? Catching myself hanging on to the ideals
      such as Consciousness, Brahman, Love, Emptiness, God is the lucky(??)
      instant when the whole fabric becomes so thin and transparent i can
      see right through it. what does that leave me with though? nothing?
      it does not feel nothing. it feels like something.
      In NondualitySalon Harsha  wrote:

      There is nothing more profound than being awareness.

      There is nothing more profound than being gentle.

      There is nothing more profound than loving.

      There is nothing more profound than being Love.

      Love to all
      live laugh love - your everloving editor - michael