Tuesday August 6, 2002

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2002
      And Now!
      Something Completely Stupid!

      Yeah verily yeah - all is one. And yet, one wonders what one is doing...

      hmm.... issue #1158
      or - i musta bumped my head on getting out of bed this morning!

      Chain saw Jesus, 30 pounds of bathtub cheese and a crotch full of cement

      Yes, it's time for another edition of

      NEWS BRIEFS

      *HAVE A SEAT A Pflugerville, Texas, middle-school teacher was fired for throwing a chair at a student during a "behavior management" class.

      *HE'S NO GOUDA In Napa, Calif., health inspectors arrested a 57-year-old man and charged him with manufacturing 30 pounds of "bathtub cheese."

      *ON THE TRAIL OF THE WILD DOOFUS A man who broke into the First Church of the Nazarene in Franklin, Ohio, left a trail of Budweiser cans from the scene of the crime to his house.

      *GROIN PAINS An Indian man is claiming the world record for having the most cement blocks smashed on his groin.

      *I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE USED THE CEMENT BLOCKS! In Siliguri, India, a man was arrested for impersonating a eunuch.

      *MAKE IT A DOUBLE In Canaseraga, N.Y., an intoxicated 55-year-old man ran his car into a ditch, then climbed back to the highway, where he was hit by another car, driven by his intoxicated wife.

      *THE CHAIN SAW MASS OCCURS A church in New Zealand held a special service to celebrate "God's gift of chain saws." There were chain saws on the altar, a "chain saw orches-tra," and pictures of Jesus holding a chain saw.

      *THEY WERE CHARGED WITH BATTERY At a church in Milan, Italy, priests discovered that a young couple who visited often to pray in front of a statue of the Madonna were actually charging their cell phone from an electric outlet behind the statue.

      *FUR REAL? In State College, Pa., animal rights activists vandalized a clothing store that had a jacket with a fake fur collar in the window. Said the shop's owner: "If they're stupid enough not to know real fur from fake, we've got a real problem in our society."

      *DRONE ON Time magazine reports that vegans are now urging people not to eat honey because "its production demands the oppression of worker bees."

      -- Universal Press Syndicate; Reuters; Chicago Sun-Times; Ananova.com; Bizarre News; The Age

      source: http://www.oregonlive.com/edge/index.ssf?/edge/2002/20020722.frame