Monday, August 5, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2002

      #1157  -  Monday, August 5, 2002  -  Editor: Jerry  -  Home: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      NINA

      when during night do
      soft skins unfurl to cool breezes?

      does the morning glory dread
      the coming of the sun?

      from Daily Dharma

        " Sunshine is green leaves
          Green leaves are sunshine
          Sunshine is not different from green leaves
          Green leaves are not different from sunshine
          The same is true of all forms and colors. "

                    ~Thich Nhat Hanh

      From the book," The Wisdom of Thich Nhat Hanh," published by One
      Spirit.

      JAN SULTAN
      from SufiMystic

      No effort can take you there - Nisargadatta

      Nothing you do will change you, for you need no change.
      You may change your  mind or your body, but it is always
      something external to you that has  changed, not
      yourself. Why bother at all to change? Realize once for
      all  that neither your body nor your mind, nor even your
      consciousness is  yourself and stand alone in your true
      nature beyond consciousness and  unconsciousness. No
      effort can take you there, only the clarity of
      understanding.

      from TAT

      Dear Fellow Reader:

      The latest issue of the TAT Forum is now available on
      the TAT web site, at <http://www.tatfoundation.org/forum.htm>
      This month's contents include:

      Memories of Past and Future: Alfred D'Aliberti by
      Richard Rose | Compromise by Shawn Nevins |
      Self-Enquiry: Some Objections Answered by Douglas
      Harding | Poems by Shawn Nevins | Still Point of the
      Turning World (part 2 of 2) by Bob Cergol | Save it for
      Later by Bob Fergeson | Humor

      We hope that it will provide you with inspiration.

      Sincerely, The Forum staff

      PS: We also thought you might be interested in a new
      page that's been added to the Spiritual Teachers web
      site on guidelines for evaluating groups and teachers.

      HEIDI

      A guy born with 10 fingers, who heard about the finger
      pointing to moon, and not mistaking them, and realizing
      his 10 fingers were inevitably always pointing 10
      different places, cut off all but one, thinking that
      then, everywhere he pointed, would have to be the truth.
      When it was (unnecessarily) pointed out to him, that now
      he only had 1 finger, and no more dextrousness, he
      replied: "Well, now I live in a world where my brain
      moves everything, I only need this one." In other words,
      it worked - all he could do was point to his own brain,
      and that was it all along.

      If you actually believe you're about to 'wake up!', cut
      yourself off from all external input, tv, radio, phones,
      etc. Abstain from any negative thoughts/feelings as much
      as possible, and write down your own list of proverbs,
      aphorisms, pithy distilled words to live by, even if you
      just remember them but liked them, even if you have to
      write them yourself. Also, DON'T put off some 'thing to
      do' that you recently decided you will do - just do it.