NDhighlights Tuesday, July 16, 2002

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2002

      #1137  -  Tuesday, July 16, 2002  -  Editor: Michael  -

      --- In NondualitySalon@y..., David Bozzi wrote:
      The other day I ran into a beautiful little girl
      where I live
      I'd guesses about 2 or 3
      along with her mother who was habitually pointing out things
      and telling her daughter what they were.

      Like,

      "That's a car, stay on this side of the road."

      The girl, when she saw me asked her mom,
      "Is that Daddy?"

      I smiled and answered,
      "No."

      Her mother followed-up,
      "That's just a man."

      Like electricity,
      an intuition struck through me
      and I declared to the Mom/Daughter,
      "Everything is new!"

      Later,
      I realized the after effect
      of the way I am affected by children.

      While I have no children of my own,
      when I experience the presence of children
      I Instinctively become protective.

      It goes beyond just physical protection,
      it's like a tap on the shoulder that says,
      "Be pure. Wake up and don't screw-up."

      As if I can sense how receptive they are
      and important it is to be 'Here/There" for them.

      Like what I feel and think is going to be
      instantly be picked up by them
      and there's this sacred duty to be pure...

      Is this any different than with adults?
      No.

      It's just that I get the sense it matters even more
      with our impressionable Future offspring
      whom I am a servant to
      through
      an ancient Instinct
      that urges me to be pure for them...

      It's not just about children.
      It's about who I am
      (same difference)

      I have to honor it,

      Everyone else has that sacred Instinct too,

      But far too many times
      we are too 'civilized' to hear it...
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

      h.r fox on the nisargadatta list wrote:

      Beliefs hypnotize us...
      Words hypnotize us...
      Thoughts hypnotize us...

      but what is beyond beliefs, beyond words, beyond thoughts?
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      This is an oldie but a goodie! It recently resurfaced
      Thanks, Bob!

      ############

      GOD'S TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT QUESTIONNAIRE
      God would like to thank you for your belief and patronage. In order to better serve your needs, He/She/It asks that you take a few moments to answer the following questions. Please keep in mind that your responses will be kept completely confidential, and that you need not
      disclose your name or address unless you prefer a direct response to comments or suggestions.

      1. How did you find out about God?
      ___ Newspaper
      ___ Bible
      ___ Torah
      ___ Book of Mormon
      ___ Koran
      ___ Other Book
      ___ Television
      ___ Divine Inspiration
      ___ Word of mouth
      ___ Dead Sea scrolls
      ___ Near Death Experience
      ___ Near-life experience
      ___ National Public Radio
      ___ Tabloid
      ___ Burning Shrubbery
      ___ Who?
      ___ Other (specify): _____________
      2. Which model God did you acquire?
      ___ Y**w*h
      ___ Jehovah
      ___ Allah
      ___ Just plain God
      ___ Krishna
      ___ Father, Son & Holy Ghost (Trinity Pak)
      ___ Zeus and entourage (Olympus Pak)
      ___ Odin and entourage (Valhalla Pak)
      ___ Gaia / Mother Earth / Mother Nature
      ___ None of the above; I was taken in by a false god
      3. Did your God come to you undamaged, with all parts in good working
      order and with no obvious breakage or missing attributes?
      __ Yes __ No
      If not, please describe the problems you initially encountered here.
      Please indicate all that apply:
      ___ Not eternal
      ___ Not omniscient
      ___ Not omnipotent
      ___ Finite in space/does not appear to occupy or inhabit the entire
      universe
      ___ Permits sex outside of marriage
      ___ Prohibits sex outside of marriage
      ___ Makes mistakes
      ____When beseeched, doesn't stay beseeched
      ___ Requires burnt offerings
      ___ Requires virgin sacrifices
      ___ Plays dice with the universe
      4. What factors were relevant in your decision to acquire a God?
      Please check all that apply.
      ___ Indoctrinated by parents
      ___ Needed a reason to live
      ___ Indoctrinated by society
      ___ Indoctrinated by a cult
      ___ Needed target for rage
      ___ Imaginary friend grew up
      ___ Hate to think for self
      ___ Wanted to meet girls/boys
      ___ Fear of death
      ___ To tick off parents
      ___ Needed a day away from work
      ___ Enjoy organ music
      ___ Needed focus on whom to despise
      ___ Needed to feel morally superior
      ___ Graduated from the tooth fairy
      ___ My shrubbery caught fire and told me to do it
      5. Are you currently using any other source of inspiration in
      addition to God? Please check all that apply.
      __ Self-help books
      __ Tarot, Astrology
      __ Star Trek re-runs
      __ Fortune cookies
      __ Ann Landers
      __ Psychic Friends Network
      __ Dianetics
      __ Playboy and/or Playgirl
      __ Sex, Drugs, and /or Rock & Roll
      __ Biorhythms
      __ EST/Landmark
      __ The Plan
      __ Television
      __ Mantras
      __ Jimmy Swaggart
      __ Crystals
      __ Wandering around in desert
      __ Burning shrubbery
      __ Other:_____________________
      6. Have you ever worshiped a false God before? If so, which false God
      were you fooled by? Please check all that apply.
      ___ Odin
      ___ Cthulhu
      ___ Lottery
      ___ Baal
      ___ Beelzebub
      ___ The Almighty Dollar
      ___ The Liberal Left
      ___ The Conservative Right
      ___ Mick Jagger
      ___ Bill Gates
      ___ The Great Pumpkin
      ___ Ronald Reagan
      ___ A burning cabbage
      ___ Mushrooms
      ___ Other: ________________
      7. God employs a limited degree of Divine Intervention to preserve the
      balanced level of felt presence and blind faith. Which would you
      prefer?...(circle one)
      a. More Divine Intervention
      b. Less Divine Intervention
      c. Current level of Divine Intervention is just right
      d. What's Divine Intervention?
      8. God also attempts to maintain a balanced level of disasters and
      miracles. Please rate on a scale of 1 to 5 God's handling of the
      following:
      (1= unsatisfactory, 5 excellent):
      Disaster:
      1 2 3 4 5 flood
      1 2 3 4 5 famine
      1 2 3 4 5 earthquake
      1 2 3 4 5 war
      1 2 3 4 5 pestilence
      1 2 3 4 5 plague
      1 2 3 4 5 AOL
      1 2 3 4 5 Liberal Congress
      1 2 3 4 5 Jerry Lewis
      1 2 3 4 5 Dubya
      1 2 3 4 5 My last relationship
      Miracles:
      1 2 3 4 5 rescues
      1 2 3 4 5 spontaneous remissions
      1 2 3 4 5 crying statues
      1 2 3 4 5 water changing to wine
      1 2 3 4 5 walking on water
      1 2 3 4 5 stars hovering over towns
      1 2 3 4 5 VCRs that set their own clocks
      1 2 3 4 5 clear and competent statements by the President
      1 2 3 4 5 My present relationship
      9. Please rate the following on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 unsatisfactory, 5
      excellent):
      1 2 3 4 5 God's Courtesy
      1 2 3 4 5 Answers to your prayers
      1 2 3 4 5 Are your spiritual needs being met?
      1 2 3 4 5 How are your shrubs doing?
      10. Do you have any additional comments or suggestions for improving
      the quality of God's services?
      Thank you. Your opinion is very important to us.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      from the yearning list: chatterjeek"  wrote:

      silent amidst the rain-soaked
      meadows, I watch
      the foggy haze that rise from the earth.
      baked by the merciless summer, the soil
      breathes its gratitude for the shower from heavens

      somewhere, the river - mad with impatience,
      has broken the dams. It flows on, roaring with laughter
      and joy of a sudden freedom.
      Flushed with love, I gaze on at the utter wetness
      that has soaked in, and quenched my scorched spirit.

      Where I am
      No one can find me

      They only imagine things
      Grasping at ideas