Friday, June 28, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2002

      HIGHLIGHTS #1118
      Friday, June 28, 2002
      Edited by Gloria Lee

      We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
      -- Anais Nin

      Coca-Cola Yogi by Jacques De Schryver

      This was pure serendipity ! I asked him to pause in
      front of this shop window. And there it was. I had
      not realized at first the colors were the same on his
      head and on the window.

      DEBRA A ORF on HarshaSatsangh

      ONE

      one.

      not two not you
      not me
      not we

      yet me with you
      and them
      and us
      and those folks too.

      one
      one two three

      one counter, one counting
      in one world standing
      shouting

      as the logic streams in circles

      as one looks for one's streamsource
      of mind!

      to find,

      not one, not none

      empty and limitless

      the tears another sheds are in one's own eyes

      and all that is left is a question,

      'how may i help you?'

      for without an i, what else
      can possibly matter?

      maitri,

      --janpa

      GLORIA LEE

      from MSNBC: The Week in Pictures

      Airborne array
      Dancers from the Australian Dance Theater fly through the air on June 26 during rehearsals for "The Age of Beauty" -- a new show that fuses ballet, martial arts and acrobatics -- at the Sydney Opera House.

      Moonastery
      A full moon rises over the golden domes of the Orthodox Monastery of Caves in Kiev, Ukraine, on June 23.

      JIZIBODHI on GuruRatings

      The Way.

      The Way does not intend to be. The Way is all there is to be.

      The Way does not include all things, they Way is all things.

      There are no paths to the Way.

      All paths lead to the path.

      There is a difference between path and way.

      Some follow the path, and others follow the Way.

      There can be no difference between those who follow and
      those who lead.

      There are no leaders, nor followers.

      There are no prophets, whose words point to it.

      There are no scriptures that have been written.

      There is only the Way.

      Again and again, those who come to revise,

      Point to the Way.

      The Way is there, before the Paths.

      Even a dog can follow the Way.

      But those more intelligent do not think thusly.

      There is winter, then spring and summer.

      Autumn precludes all of these, yet returns, again and again.

      This is like the Way.

      The Way is magnanimously generous, yet lacks nothing.

      The Way is frugal and pristine.

      The Way is clear, like water flowing in a cold mountain stream.

      The Way is present and in all aspects.

      None are separate.

      They are confused about the Way.

      As truth seekers are generally confused.

      This confusion is the Way before

      The Way.

      And the Way after the Way.

      Without it, Old man cannot weep,

      And women would squander themselves.

      The Way is very much,

      And very little.

      The Way pushes,

      The Way pulls.

      The Way is pain.

      And truth.

      To know the Way, even Sages do not say.

      Only the wise know the Way,

      And do not speak.

      Those not speaking often think about the Way;

      But speak and spoil it.

      Those speaking are often not thinking about the Way,

      And are walking masters.

      Some are wiser than others.

      The Way cannot be shown to anyone-

      In breath,

      Or yoga,

      Or in words.

      You cannot think of it.

      You cannot hear it.

      You cannot even see it.

      And yet,

      The Way is the reason that you are

      Thinking

      Breathing

      Hearing

      Seeing

      The Way has no name besides

      Thoughtless

      Formless

      The Way concludes

      And the Way begins.

      Some have said otherwise-

      Who are they?

      My sweet dog

      Knows more than I do.

      MICHAEL READ on GuruRatings

      a very fine dog

      she is a very fine dog
      she nevers judges
      she is true to her nature
      she is ever one with being
      she never questions love

      she should not be barking outside the window at three am!
      one can only smile at this
      she is so sweet
      she defends the place
      she never bites
      yet she keeps the coyotes away!

      true to her nature
      she is a natural buddha

      before me
      behind me
      above me
      below me
      outside
      inside
      there is only god
      it is the same with everything

      loveya - michael

      GLORIA LEE

      from MSNBC: The Week in Pictures #2

      Abandoned companion
      A dog that was left behind when its owners were hurriedly evacuated from the path of the Chediski-Rodeo Fire begs for attention on June 25 in Show Low, Arizona.
      In Heber Arizona, a brave highschool teacher has been permitted to stay perilously close to the fires to rescue pets homeowners were forced to leave behind. NBC's Jim Avila reports.

      MICHAEL READ on GuruRatings