Thursday, June 27, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2002

      Issue #1117  -  Thursday, June 27, 2002  -  Home: <http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm>

      from Live Journal

      Krishnamurti: "The moment you have in your heart this
      extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the
      delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for
      you the world is transformed."

      from Live Journal

      A man and his wife were woken at 3 a.m. by a pounding on
      the front door. The man got up and went to the door to
      find a drunk standing in the pouring rain, asking for a

      'Not a chance,' said the husband. 'It's 3 o'clock in the
       morning!' He slammed the door and returned to bed.

      'Who was it?' asked his wife.

      'Just a drunk asking for a push.'

      'Did you help him?' she asked.

      'Of course not! It's 3 a.m. and raining cats and dogs
       out there!'

      'Well you've a short memory,' said the wife. 'It was
       only three months ago when we broke down on vacation in
       the pouring rain and those two guys helped us. So much

      'treat others the way you'd want to be treated'. What if
       it was you out there right now?' The man realised his
       wife was right, got dressed and ran out into the
       pouring rain. He called out in the darkness, 'Hello:
       are you still there?'

      'Yes,' came the answer.

      'Do you still need that push?'

      'Yes, please!' came the reply.

      'Where are you?' asked the husband.

      'Over here on the swing,' said the drunk

      ( author unknown )

      from Live Journal

      Make life a benediction

      My friend Xan sent this to me today. I found it very interesting
      and helpful.....

      I don't know the source of this Tong Len meditation, which I
      copied from a taoist forum. The understanding is not to resist and
      reject what is uncomfortable or worse, since that perpetuates the
      sense of separation and conflict, but to consciously transform it
      and ourselves through non-resistance, acceptance and inclusion.

      Pain is natural; it has to be understood, it has to be accepted.
      Because naturally we are afraid of pain, naturally we avoid it.
      Hence many people have avoided the heart and are hung up in the
      head, they live in the head.

      The heart gives pain, true, but only because it can give
      pleasure--that's why it gives pain. Pain is the way that pleasure
      arrives; agony, the door that ecstasy enters. If one is aware of it,
      one accepts the pain as a blessing. Then suddenly the quality of
      the pain immediately starts changing. You are no longer
      antagonistic to it, and because you are no longer antagonistic to
      it, it is no longer pain; it is a friend. It is a fire that is going to
      cleanse you. It is a transmutation, a process, in which the old will
      go and the new will arrive, in which the mind will disappear and the
      heart will function in its totality. Then life is a benediction.

      Atisha's Heart Meditation

      When you breathe in--listen carefully, it is one of the
      greatest methods--when you breathe in, think that you
      are breathing in all the miseries of all the people in
      the world. All the darkness, all the negativity, all the
      hell that exists anywhere, you are breathing it in. And
      let it be absorbed in your heart.

      You may have read or heard about the so-called positive
      thinkers of the West. They say just the opposite--they
      don't know what they are saying. They say, "When you
      breathe out, throw out all your misery and negativity;
      and when you breathe in, breathe in joy, positivity,
      happiness, cheerfulness." Atisha's method is just the
      opposite: when you breathe in, breathe in all the misery
      and suffering of all the beings of the world--past,
      present and future. And when you breathe out, breathe
      out all the joy that you have, all the blissfulness that
      you have, all the benediction that you have.

      Breathe out, pour yourself into existence. This is the
      method of compassion: Drink in all the suffering and
      pour out all the blessings. And you will be surprised if
      you do it. The moment you take all the sufferings of the
      world inside you, they are no longer sufferings. The
      heart immediately transforms the energy. The heart is a
      transforming force. Drink in misery, and it is
      transformed into blissfulness... then pour it out. Once
      you have learned that your heart can do this magic, this
      miracle, you would like to do it again and again.

      from Live Journal

      Recipe for Enlightenment on a Hot Day

      Sit in your favorite chair. Turn on the A/C and enjoy the air.