Sunday, June 9, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2002
      image by Gene Poole
      HIGHLIGHTS #1099
      Sunday, June 9, 2002
      Editor: Gloria Lee
      This is an excerpt from a letter that I wrote today to a dear friend,
      regarding my father who passed away 13 years ago:
      ....I love it that you asked me about my dad. He has always been
      extremely dear to me. He and I really adore each other and our bond
      is even stronger than the one between him and my mom and also
      between him and my brother. I write that in the present tense because
      that is still my experience. He was a very good man. He worked a lot
      and was rarely around, which was unfortunate because I don't think he
      was aware of how my mother was treating us. When my dad died I felt
      like someone had cut me in half. It was devastating. That was because
      I really thought he was gone. A couple of years ago I woke up suddenly
      in the middle of the night, full of energy. I started pacing around the
      house not knowing what to do with myself. Suddenly, I felt compelled
      to grab a pen and paper and what I wrote down that night completely
      changed my life. It was a letter from my dad to me! He told me that he
      never left me. I cried big, fat tears as if we were having the sweetest
      reunion I could ever imagine, after all that time and all that heartache.
      Now I am able to feel him with me whenever he comes to mind (and
      sometimes by surprise) and I have never missed him ever since then.
      BOBBY G.
      Dear Kheyala:

      I think you are on the right road to self discovery.  It is messages
      like these that show me it is dealing with my own life and loves,
      working with what is given, is the way to reality.

      Bobby G.
      Interesting 2 hours about Kerouac,
      repeated Friday evening.
      AL LARUS
      Is the increasing presence of donut a part of an experiment or a plan?
      Who is pulling the strings?
      Q: Why is it named Donut?
      A: Seemed like a good name at the time.
      Sticks to the "Food" group to remind people of Java, is easy to draw
      icons for, and has a nice file extension (.DNT). And the other names
      were too stupid, insulting, or rated PG-13 ("Masterbasic"). Plus, I kind
      of like it.
      not to take anything away from all the fun you are having on your path
      but i would like to point out that the big IT you expect to find is
      actually right here
      you do not have to nurture it - it is doing quite well already
      the right here is everything you see do taste, enjoy or hate
      it is all the knee jerk reactions - the quite contemplations
      and all the goofy dumbass things you think feel and do
      yup - they are right here.
      you see it is quite simple
      easier than donuts and coffee
      everything you are looking for is right here
      not in the now - if there is a now there is a later
      but right here is - well, right here where you are aware of being life
      what you do with it is up to you
      will it be gardens and children and love and exploration
      or something else?
      the unawakened are a frightened and frightening lot
      they will lay mahem to their own families over an idea
      ah, but they can't help it
      the trick has been played
      and a human is born
      the vast appearing as a speck
      travel well, dear speck, travel well
      live love laugh and be happy
      instead of a gun
      pick up a rake or a hoe or a shovel - garden
      whatever you do do it well and enjoy yourself
      learn as you go - be open
      the experiences you need will happen
      you do not need to seek them out
      you do not need to relive all the good ones
      you do not need to fear the bad ones
      but the trick has been played
      and you do have to go through them
      no short cuts
      and no crying over spilled milk
      the learning never stops
      no matter if you are awake or not
      the trick has been played
      adios! - michael

      So true, so terrifyingingly true. So now, how does one deal with the
      unawakened, when it is impossible to get them out of one's presence?
      Do you think that humanity as it is today, is capable of unconditional
      love, of non-duality?
      I apologize for taking this out of the context of the verses, but it
      yelled at me and grabbed my interest.
      My first post... cake donuts rule... back to lurk status, and thank you.

      "So true, so terrifyingingly true. So now, how does one deal with the
      unawakened, when it is impossible to get them out of one's presence?"
       love them
       know when to speak
       when to be quiet
       when to act
       when to refrain from acting
       love them

       they are us
      "Do you think that humanity as it is today, is capable of unconditional
      love, of non-duality?"
      oh yes, anyone can do it
       it may be a hard lesson to learn
       for some and so easy for some
      Travel Tips For Your Visit to Earth

         Be careful not to glow in public,
             in most places it can be extremely hazardous
             to display any amount of ethereal  light
             radiating from ones body.

             Manifest as a relatively ugly corporeal body
             in order to avoid exciting the breeding
             instinct of the natives,
             but not so ugly as to get picked up
             for questioning by the authorities.

             Avoid those natives in deepest despair
             as you'll manifest (to them) as a favorite
             uncle "Joe", "Sam" or whatever, until
             they remember uncle Joe passed
             away last year, creating an uncomfortable

             Under no circumstances reveal unaugmented reality
             to the natives, as in the past this has
             precipitated violent psychotic reactions.

             Maintain a congruent temporal disposition
             unless ones safety is threatened,
             then being elsewhen, elsewhere
             is not only allowed,
             but strongly advised.

             Travel visas to this quaint and rustic destination
             along with guided excursions into the human preserve
             can be obtained by application via nexidimensional
             mindtact with the Cetacean Administrative Pod,
             through whose unstinting efforts a genuine, quasi stable,
             late term, pre apocryphal, electromechanical culture
             can be observed.
      "Never give up, never surrender!" --Tim Allen (As Captain in "Galaxy
      Actually, well, let me think about this...a minute... The answer is still
      no, I don't think so. I surrender myself to the Divine All...but never to
      other people.
      The illusion of Maya can creep into our view of others, too,
      particularly when we are lulled into a worshipful state. We should
      respect thoughtful and kind teachers, but never worship...
      ......it is more like you *cannot* surrender period. *you* can do it only
      in complete selfless love, but even then you cannot say you *did* it. It
      has already been done, always being done. If anything can be said to
      be happening at all, it is this.
      The ducks butt will not hug you back, and the little old lady who is not
      accustomed to hugging strangers may have you arrested, so one makes
      intelligent choices.
      Service can be an expression of love and surrender or it can be a
      stategic act. Of course you should not surrender to an idiot, these are
      people who claim that All is divine and yet no one is, but if you've
      found that it has already happened, then what's the problem?
      When a fool says that an enlightened being and a seeker are the same,
      it is not true. But when an enlightened one says it, it is a gift.
      a watercolor circa 1995
      the book in the front is the I Ching -
      funny how some art is alchemy, and
      this one kicked me right back onto
      the spiritual path from a
      co-dependant relationship.
      AL LARUS

      This is an unmodified picture I took today. It is the reflections on the
      surface under a tree in my favorite lake, the Sems Lake.
      Now, making me remember, in Tibetan, Sems = Mind
      Being in the garment of the same actor on the stage.
      Even if the pattern may reflect contradiction,
       and the weavers work is that of opposition
       what can a thread do, but surrender to the play?
      The illusion of Maya can creep into our view of others, too,
      particularly when we are lulled into a worshipful state. We should
      respect thoughtful and kind teachers, but never worship...

      Presuming i am worshipping these words and teachers is mighty bold
      Zenbob, for i have never said really anything along those lines
      concerning worship. But then, i find worship, true worship in
      everything presented, good, bad, ugly, beautiful, endlessly unfolding
      is this worshipless worship for the Beloved's expressions. Perhaps
      your own worship is a bit too close to your own words and statements
      and views. Perhaps a bit too close to home and how you view it and
      that is so limiting and short-sighted Dear. Give a little credit for
      others' delights and expressions without always feeling the need to
      set others straight on what is good and bad or right and wrong.

      Dear Friends,
      Today i went with Robert to Satsangh in Berkeley with
      Adyashanti, a most exquisite Zen teacher. What a perfect
      blend of humor with wisdom he presents! It seems most
      teachers and gurus i have encountered who actually have
      a real grasp of Truth are always filled with a superb sense
      of humor. Adya is certainly one of these Humor-Beings, an
      original Good-Humor Boy, or so it seems to me. What
      laughter filled that hall along with some tears of
      happiness and just a really fine time of fellowship with
      Truth. So, this past week i have visited Ammachi and now
      with Adyashanti, both different yet both obviously the
      same and One, just different fascinating Faces of Beauty
      and Love and Wisdom. Beloved has gone along and sent
      this most Joyful set of experiences to me right now. I bow to
      that and i am ever-grateful for these chances to mingle
      this light with the light of others. So what did i get from this
      time spent with these Beautiful Ones? Love and more Love
      and just all i could ever hope for in Love expressed by
      another. i was most fortunate to have been introduced to
      Annie, Adya's wife. What a dear and sweet blossom of
      Love she is! She too was a devotee of Paramahansa
      Yogananda since she was about seven years old. So we
      had that common bond between us, and more, we both
      were just filled with the Joy of Life, As it is Now. No
      searching, no worshipping, no rituals as such, just the Joy
      of being together as friends and Lovers of the Beloved One.
      i'll go back again and again to be among these fine folks
      and this most superb teacher, this Beautiful Adyashanti.
      And who knows, perhaps another lovely Being will come to
      town and i'll have the opportunity to go and commune with
      them and with This Love That We Are. i am open to all of
      these experiences and exchanges of the Heart. i see
      nothing wrong nothing lacking in myself for this, and
      certainly no fear that i am falling into some age-old trap as
      has been implied by my visit to Ammachi. Everywhere the
      Beloved offers us gifts and everyone we meet is a divine
      opportunity to Be Love and to give and receive Love with.
      It's the finest, most fun, so free a way to live and to Love
      and to express This That We Are Now. i think i might just
      keep this ridiculous smile plastered across my face. It is
      the Joy being expressed for and because and with my
      Beloved Darling, Robert, Adya, Amma, Gurudeva, Harshaji,
      Linda, Sandeep, Tykal, and the whole gamut of Beloveds
      who have blessed my life with their Sweetness of Presence.
      i do not twist in the wind wondering why i do this or if it is
      some form of foolery of the self, for my heart knows
      otherwise, my Heart knows that this love is what wants to
      Live itself each Moment and It Unfolds ever-increasingly
      with such Ever-new joy it stills One and stops all doubts
      and concerns for what to do, what to say, what to be. Just
      Being in the midst of Love, in the heart as Ever-New Joy,
      this is the thing that seems to be the case. Just Loving and
      never ever fearing there is some mistake in expression in
      this, for Love sits safely in the Heart and rises to all
      occasions as Joy and Love and Divine Laughter. i throw my
      head back and laugh with utter abandon at the silliness
      sometimes expressed that we are losing sight of the
      Reality of All This That Is. Just let go and let God, that's
      what the thing is and that's what is the simplest yardstick
      for living.
      Love, Mazie