Tuesday, June 4, 2002

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2002

      The Nondual Highlights
      The Best of the Internet's Nonduality Email Lists, Forums, Web sites, and More

      Editors: Jerry Katz, Gloria Lee, Christiana Duranczyk, Michael Read,
      John Metzger

      Highlights Issue #1094

      Tuesday, June 4, 2002

      Today's Highlights Compiled, Edited, and Designed
      by
      Michael Read

      Highlights Home Page: <http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm>

      --- In Illuminata@y..., Mace Mealer  wrote:

             Another play ensues today
             finding us in some strange way.
             In the one we'll find the two
             knowing not what that we should do.
             We're left to find what we will need,
             like the lonely wind borne reed.
             To say the lines and wear the mask
             to play the part and bear the task.
             Be it hero, slave, or sage,
             we'll walk the ever changing stage.
             In wisdom's heart no love is lost,
             it fills the air and counts no cost.
             To weep , to laugh, to tread the way,
             another play ensues today.

      Monet Refuses The Operation

      Doctor, you say there are no haloes
      around the streetlights in Paris
      and what I see is an aberration
      caused by old age, an affliction.
      I tell you it has taken me all my life
      to arrive at the vision of gas lamps as angels,
      to soften and blur and finally banish
      the edges you regret I don't see,
      to learn that the line I called the horizon
      does not exist and sky and water,
      so long apart, are the same state of being.
      Fifty-four years before I could see
      Rouen cathedral is built
      of parallel shafts of sun,
      and now you want to restore
      my youthful errors: fixed
      notions of top and bottom,
      the illusion of three-dimensional space,
      wisteria separate
      from the bridge it covers.
      What can I say to convince you
      the Houses of Parliament dissolves
      night after night to become
      the fluid dream of the Thames?
      I will not return to a universe
      of objects that don't know each other,
      as if islands were not the lost children
      of one great continent. The world
      is flux, and light becomes what it touches,
      becomes water, lilies on water,
      above and below water,
      becomes lilac and mauve and yellow
      and white and cerulean lamps,
      small fists passing sunlight
      so quickly to one another
      that it would take long, streaming hair
      inside my brush to catch it.
      To paint the speed of light!
      Our weighted shapes, these verticals,
      burn to mix with air
      and change our bones, skin, clothes
      to gases. Doctor,
      if only you could see
      how heaven pulls earth into its arms
      and how infinitely the heart expands
      to claim this world, blue vapor without end.

      - Lisel Mueller
      from: Yearning list

      Sack Race

      Oh those silly contestants! Seems they put the sacks on their heads instead of their legs...oh well.

      The winner is - simply because she knew which end to put the sack on -

      --- In NondualitySalon@y..., "skiplaurel" <vicki@b...> wrote:

      in search of the
      pithy wit, juicy comments, sweet
      poetry, piquant pictures, and spicy
      ancedotes.

      Just an idea...but I think we're gonna need an extra basket of chips
      to go with that order.

      Vicki Woodyard

      honorable mention to:

      --- In NondualitySalon@y..., "nisarga111" wrote:

      --- In NondualitySalon@y..., "skiplaurel"  wrote:

      > The throes of Tuesday...
      >
      > I'm
      in a days...

      > Feeling week.
      >
      > Hour
      you?

      Minute
      Second Hand
      Weak End

      E Turn Al
      ToosDay

      --- In Yearning@y..., "ecirada"  wrote:

      a tree with the sky
      neither is a man alone
      with the question 'why'
      game like doggy nibbling bones
      till the need for answers dies

      Jan

      --- In Nisargadatta@y..., "dan330033" wrote:
      > In the spirit of questioning everything... if within is a
      direction.. where does it come from and where does it go?

      Sam

      It doesn't come from anywhere or go
        to anywhere.

      It is invented in relation to the