Tuesday, May 28, 2002

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2002

      The Nondual Highlights

      Highlights Issue #1087

      Tuesday, May 28, 2002

      Today's Editor:
      Michael Read

      Search all editions of the Highlights: <http://nonduality.com/searchhl.htm>

      "The human race has one really effective weapon, and
      that is laughter."
      --Mark Twain

      --- In Yearning@y..., freyja wrote:
      Dinner for Heron

      Spotting a great blue meandering gracefully
      along the bank of the little pond

      Reaching one end
      Crossing the width to the other side

      Catching a glimpse of movement
      moving towards, inch by inch

      Ah!  A fish!  Don't care what kind
      no- mind knows not "what kind"

      Staying perfectly still
      Poised for the one fell swoop

      Unsuspecting fish plucked out
      just like that!  just like that!

      Fish dangling from magnificently curved beak
      for a spell

      Placing it on ground
      Fish flapping about a bit, heron quickly snatching it up
      (repeating as many times
      as needed)

      Bringing fish over to the picnic spot....
      and....Voila!   fish of eighteen-inch more or less,
      disappearing down three-inch more or less neck
      of heron

      HA!  Now you see it, now you don't
      What a slight of hand...or
      simply just energy changing forms
      ....doing its thing.....
      in the circle of life

      freyja

      --- In TheWayStation@y..., mannashe wrote:

      *********************************

      GOD LOVES EVERYONE

                       *

      BUT I'M HIS FAVOURITE

      ******************************

      --- In TheWayStation@y..., Colin Yardley wrote:

        DON'T WORRY, BE HOPI
        BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE
        HONK IF YOU LOVE PEACE AND QUIET
        I BRAKE FOR HALLUCINATIONS
        I'M NOT PARANOID, EVERYONE JUST THINKS I AM

        cheers

        Colin

      --- In SufiMystic@y..., "yeshipalden" wrote:
      --- In SufiMystic@y..., "viorica weissman" wrote:

      > I went everywhere with longing
      > in my eyes , until here
      > in my own house
      >
      > I felt truth
      > filling my
      sight.

      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      > Lalla
      > Naked
      song
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Last night at my meditation group this quote was read from the Tao te
      Ching, "The truth waits for eyes unclouded by longing"

      --- In Illuminata@y..., Mace Mealer wrote:

             Nothing can keep one from being ordinary.
             Bereft of uncommon attributes,
             a being of simple disposition,
             unacquainted with the extremes of
             constant longing.