Monday, May 6, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2002

      H i g h l i g h t s

      The Best of the Internet's Nonduality Email Lists, Forums, Web sites, and More

      Editors: Jerry Katz, Gloria Lee, Christiana Duranczyk, Michael Read, John Metzger

      Highlights Issue #1063

      Monday, May 6, 2002

      Today's Highlights compiled, edited and designed by Jerry Katz

      Search all Editions of the Nondual Highlights: http://nonduality.com/search.htm

      Nondual Highlights Home Page: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Today's Highlights revolve around this post by Rashmi:

      RASHMI

      If the basic truth "consciousness is all there is" is
      firmly understood why do i still seek or what do i seek?
      i seem to be asking this to myself but there is no
      answer. no answer or an answer that seems part of the
      functioning too but.......why do i seek?

      LISA, quoting HARVEY

      Rashmi has touched on a point that I struggle (not
      successfully) with often. How do I reconcile myself with

      "when we take ourselves to be an independent agent with
      the responsibility for what happens in our lives, we are
      in a constant process of trying to figure out what is
      the best thing for us to do in the never ending
      presentation of the circumstances in our lives."

      I call this my "Invictus" complex. I cannot seem to
      break free from the I am, me, my and mine- have to fix
      this to suit me ideology; consequently I am in agonizing
      pain.

      I want out of this whatever it is-how does one stop the
      madness and reach "some point" and as you say:

      "At some point, as the understanding that things are
      just happening and that our sense of doership is an
      illusion sinks in a bit, the tenacity of seeking may
      possibly lose some of its grip. Anyhow, this is how it
      sometimes seems to someone who still is constantly
      getting caught up in illusion."

      I do understand the concept but why does the heart not
      follow?

      JAMES TRAVERSE

      Hello Rashmi, Lisa, Diana and Friends,

      You are Pure Light.

      Light is singular and its expression has a dualistic
      quality.

      The characteristics/qualities of Light appear as polar
      opposites of Oneness-Light. You are OneDuality - Light
      and its dualistic qualities.

      When there is identification with either aspect of the
      dulaity, the Light is obstructed. In other words when
      'I' identify with what is called the ego or I-entity,
      there is a localization, a concretization/barrier
      composed of energy/Light that obstructs the Light. In
      this situiation the 'I-entity' seeks liberation/freedom
      - this can never happen because the energy which
      supports the 'seeking' is the Light and the 'seeking'
      only solidifyies the obstruction of the I-entity that is
      seeking.

      And, When there is identification with what is called
      'Spirit' 'Divine' or similar labels, then there is a
      nonlocalized expression of Light. This appears to be
      more desirable than the other and yet it really is just
      a variation on the theme - it is still an identification
      - a very subtle variation of the I-entity that has the
      particular characteristic of disfunctionality.

      The reconciliation of opposites is the 'Seeing' - there
      is no entity that is 'Seeing' - seeing is there
      naturally when the obstruction of the I-entity
      dissloves, when 'I' let go - relax.

      (this is not a formula - it is not that 'I ' see - it is
      the absence of absence where the is the presence of
      presence/Light - it is like...when an infant has been
      grasping your finger and the infant lets go, there is an
      Innocence in the 'letting go' - the infant does not let
      go to get something else - the infant simply 'lets go').

      When there is a clarity in 'Seeing' The Way to proceed
      is obvious. So the challenges/situations of 'Life' are
      still there and in the Light which shines when the
      obstructions/clouds fall away - The Way is revealed -
      this is Enlightenment.

      The reconciliation is 'Seeing' the paradox. It is to
      'See' the OneDual Trinity of Light + its dualistic
      qualities as it shines.

      One characteristic of light is localized and it is
      called -

      Concentration-Focus-Intellect-Masculine-Head...

      the other characteristic of Light is nonlocal and it is
      called - Meditation-Open-Intuition-Feminine-Heart...

      ~~~

      Light/Love is Its own knowing. It reveals Itself to
      Itself.

      MARK OTTER

      HI Lisa, Rashmi and Harvey,

      if you don't like it (seeking and suffering), let it go.
      and if it's like a tar baby, let it go persistently and
      patiently.

      MATTHEW

      and when you are no longer getting caught up in illusion
      you will see that this viewpoint is pure folly. when you
      are no longer caught up in illusion you will not have
      these absurd notions about doership and responsibility.
      with freedom from the illusion comes more responsibility
      than the mind can fathom.

      JODY

      There is no more of less responsibility than there was
      before the illusion was shattered.

      We're still the same slobs on either side of the
      process.

      Chop wood, carry water... chop wood, carry water.

      JAMES TRAVERSE

      Hello Rashmi, Lisa, Diana and Friends,

      You are Pure Light.

      Light is singular and its expression has a dualistic
      quality.

      The characteristics/qualities of Light appear as polar
      opposites of Oneness-Light. You are OneDuality - Light
      and its dualistic qualities.

      When there is identification with either aspect of the
      dulaity, the Light is obstructed. In other words when
      'I' identify with what is called the ego or I-entity,
      there is a localization, a concretization/barrier
      composed of energy/Light that obstructs the Light. In
      this situation the 'I-entity' seeks liberation/freedom -
[...]

      BOBBY G.

      "I do understand the concept but why does the heart not
      follow?" --Lisa

      Each time a tendency is reinforced the deposit of
      resistance to breaking that tendency is added to. Just a
      thought is a thread that makes the string that is woven
      into the fabric of the veil that keeps us from
      discriminating between the real and illusion.

      This deposit of subliminal traits describes Karma and
      not the Real Self which is clear attributelessness. At
      any moment every subliminal trait can be dropped because
      they are not us. This is proved by the fact that they
      accumulate, change, and drop off by themselves without
      our knowing about it. We just see the mess they create.

      The causes of affliction according to Feuerstein's
      translation of Patanjali are: Ignorance, I-am-ness,
      attachment to pleasant experience, aversion to sorrowful
      experience, and the will to live. They are to be
      overcome by meditative absorption. Each is an aspect of
      ignorance which has four different ways of manifesting:
      dormant [not currently in use], covered [anger covers
      fear, apathy covers sorrow etc.], aroused [the current
      or active ignorance], and the optimal form of ignorance,
      constrained.

      MICHAEL READ

      Why do you still seek? Mainly because there are still
      concepts and ideas and beliefs being held. Ah yes, great
      expectations and predefinitions are common stumbling
      blocks.

      When it is time for those concepts and beliefs to drop,
      they will. It is a natural process for them to drop. And
      they will drop when the seeker is ready.

      So, how to 'get' ready? Just be willing to let them go.
      It is not as hard as it seems or may seem. The universe
      will do its part and freedom will ensue.

      peace love and lunch - michael

      GENE POOLE

      The desire for emptiness

      is full