Saturday, May 4, 2002

  • John Metzger
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2002
      [image, midi]

      Highlights
      The Best of the Internet's Nonduality Email Lists, Forums, Web sites, and More
      Editors: Jerry Katz, Gloria Lee, Christiana Duranczyk, Michael Read
      Highlights Issue # 1061
      Saturday, May 4, 2002
      Today's Highlights compiled, edited and designed by John Metzger
      Search all Editions of the Nondual Highlights: http://nonduality.com/search.htm
      Nondual Highlights Home Page: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      The Mystic Nature of Life, aka, Good, evil and donuts

      http://www.buddhajones.com/Features/Cinema/Life.html

      Song Of The Open Road, Walt Whitman

      http://www.buddhajones.com/Features/Cinema/OpenRoad.html

      Actual Reality       Despite the computer's ability to fulfill virtually
      every human need, human interaction is still occasionally necessary
      and unavoidable during the course of a day's computing. Here are
      some tips to help you navigate through the often bewildering world

      [image]

      mona & george

       To hold Tao and Te

         know masculine
         yet abide in feminine
         be a child of the world

         know light
         yet abide in black
         be a pattern of the world

         know glory
         yet abide in humility
         be a reflection of the world

         know division
         yet abide in unity
         be a master of the world

      [image]
      (image and letter)

      A Letter From A Psychic Child

      Beloved Friends,
      This is an amazing letter we received from a young person who literally showed up at our door a few weeks ago, just about the time the Thomas Messages started going out. (She had not read them) As she walked down the street she had the impulse to knock on our door, and she has been volunteering her time ever since. She told us amazing stories about her life and gifts, and I knew immediately that she was sent to us by God. When I asked her what she would like to say to the rest of us, this is what she gave me. I think you will find it amazing and inspiring. It is an opportunity to step inside one of these Psychic Children's minds to experience what they must go through, and how they think. It also gives insight into our own truth, who we really are, and why we are here. I think this is one of the most important emails we've forwarded so far.
      Enjoy, James Twyman
      The Beloved Community - email: belovedjt.aol.com

      Love:
      It is very important that you do not limit yourself in Love because your story is not the same as everyone else's. You are unique and beautiful and capable beyond measure to Love with the vastness of Spirit, no matter what your past experience has been. Remember, your story is not Who You Are.

      I had an incredibly violent childhood. My body, mind, and emotions were abused in ways that are hard to believe. So, I know what it is like to come from a past absent of Love. I came into this world knowing who I Am, Rememebering everything before coming here, having full conscious experience of my conception and birth, knowing what I came for, and have never forgotten. Even with the terror that has been in this life for me, I have always known who I Am. I do not act like a typical abused child because my motivations are different, the clarity of my personality is different, the stength of my spirit is unwavering (not more or less, just different). I hear extra, see extra, feel extra. My senses are enlivened and sometimes oversensitive. I was born with special gifts and abilities that have not gone away with time, or growing up, or programming, or getting them beaten out. The only thing that stops me from having them is me. I've done my best at times to ignore them, shut them off, or abandon them, but they are there whether I think they are or not, whether I want them to be or not. I can do many things that other people can't do...yet. In the kind of story I have come from, this has made me very isolated. Yet, I did not go crazy, do not need extensive therapy for my entire life, and I am not permanently damaged.

      The truth is, none of us are ever permanently damaged. No matter what has happened, there is always a way to heal and grow. And no matter what happened, there is always a way to heal. And no matter what happens, who you Are does not go away. In the world of healing there seems to be many back doors to not let go and be unaccountable. There is no such thing as "Once an addict, always an addict," and being victimized does not justify continuing to be a victim in life. These are cop-outs enabling one to rationalize getting out of the responsibility of spiritual growth, physical healing, and movement forward. It is our birthright to Love and to Thrive, yet we have created all kinds of excuses to not do just that. This is the Real craziness. You are your own Higher Power. You are not alone. You are already Free.

      Tainting the Truth by sugarcoating, or twisting the Truth in order to make it more comfortable is a waste of energy. There simply is not enough time to wait or beat around the bush. Truth is important NOW, and that Truth is LOVE. Within the flame of love nothing else exists. No amount of negativity or darkness can live in the light of Love. That is why it is so important for us to amplify our own field of Love large enough to reach out into the world, to connect with the Grid that encompasses this Earth caressing and nurturing the darkness into light, the Grid of Love.

      You do not have to have psychic powers or gifted abilities to Be Love, to Be who you Are, and to Live Truth. You are a child of God, a child of Love, special and perfect in every way. You have something very important to offer by your Being. The world is waiting for you to Open. Open your heart, let love flow in and out. Let love be your motivation in every action. Let love be the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning and the last thing before bed at night. Let love fill up your body, every cell, until it overflows out into the world, touching everything. Let Love be your gifted ability; it is what you are meant to do. Every moment take Love one step further in some way, let it grow and grow. Love is endless, as is your ability to express and experience it. There is no limit, no rule, no one way. The more you Open, the more Love will teach you, fill you, emanate from you. Do not wait. Start Now. Have Courage, Intent, Willingness. Let Love be the Truth you represent, the tool you carry, the vehicle that brings you to every new step.

      It is Time. Let go, and LOVE.
      Nasata-La

      [image]

      Holy Cow...

      Some says, "The Truth is both Logical and Illogical."

      Advaita says"neither[logic and illogical] exists nor do not exist.IT cannot
      either exist or not exist.The absence of the "absence of presence-
      and -absence.The abscence of that kind of absence which is neither
      presence nor absence.

      Logic says, "There is no Illogical Nature.

      Advaita says, "There is no Nature at all."

      Logic says, "That is Illogical."

      Advaita says, "Yes, that is the Illogical part of Reality and is
      included in advaita's conventional logical context."

      Logic says, "Within the Logical context, Illogic is not allowed to be,
      to have a Nature."

      Advaita says, "Within the advaita context, it's Illogical to say so."

      Logic asks, "How so?"

      Advaita answers, "It is not Logical to say you've said what cannot be
      said."

      Logic says, "You just said you did by saying so."

      Advaita says, "I know, that's why I am wrong."

      Logic says, "I'm never wrong."

      Advaita says, "I know, that's your only problem, you can't be
      right/wrong."

      Logic says, "That is Illogical."

      Advaita says, "You're not playing with a full deck, you're deck is
      missing the trump cards of being wrong and illogical."

      Logic says, "I don't need those cards."

      Advaita says, "That's why you're not advaita."

      Logic says, "Yes, but I'm Logic."

      Advaita says, "Yes, but I neither negated or affirm the conceiver of
      logic.

      Logic says, "There is no such thing."

      Advaita says, "It's not about a thing."

      Logic says, "Everything is a thing."

      Advaita asks, "Even Illogic."

      Logic says, "Yes, but Illogic does not have a Nature?"

      Advaita says, "Neither does advaita, that's why advaita is both
      Logical/Illogical and the absence this which is neither absence nor
      presence of both logical/illogical.

      Logic says, "That doesn't make any sense."

      Advaita says, "What did you expect?We are talking about what is
      totally inconceivable.

      Sea Songs For The Sea

      The pirates have gone.
      Mobs of seagulls
      have raided the mid-air swirl
      of this blustering day, and have sailed away
      to maraud and swoop the fleeing fleet
      of far horizons.

      Eyes opened and abandoned to love
      I strum in the scattering billow,
      as sea songs in the sky,
      sweeping clear of times locked hammock,
      casting my drift from a laggard loll,
      from the harboring shackle of fearful soul
      to dare to dance a chartless way of being.

      I am watch-kept in my free-wheeling swoop.
      Spied out to spin free-booting
      in this storm-tossed window of self
      to turn sea-legged the earth and sky,
      to loose the limbs of my heart
      as loves bold roving swift foray.

      And I would leave forever
      this longshore path
      of doctrine, and thought,
      and ride a waylaying craft
      from any dock or refuge,
      setting my course upon a sea-swell leaping,
      buccaneering my devil-may-care,
      in the tall sailed flying
      of loves wide wandering.

      To be wild pitched, and cruising,
      hauled out and full,
      taking my chance in reckless ease
      in the bright capped reaching
      of each moments spire and crest
      and the doldrums deep ebbing.

      And be this wayward way of living,
      and giving not a riotous tinkers cuss
      of the why and wherefore of us,
      but wander out as a lovers breath,
      to plot the equator of this light
      and gladly cease to grasp a notion,
      of here or there or below or above
      but weave the sky to breast an ocean,
      as a gull-winged flight to faithful love.

      rashmi
      If living in the Now is just a byproduct of enlightenment what is
      the similarity in being and doing?

      Dan Berkow
      The living now is in no way
      a byproduct of anything.

      That's why you can't live in it,
      or be enlightened in it.

      It lives itself, and is its
      own enlightenment.

      Someone living in the now is
      a byproduct, and thus
      has no existence in the living now.

      The living now be's itself
      and does itself.

      That's the similarity
      in being and doing.

      Allspirit    LiveJournal

      After four years break, I have started to dance again -
      and I am enjoying it *so* much...

      Put On Your Dancin' Shoes
      (Winwood/Jennings)

      So much going on out there, leaves us hanging in the air
      And it's all that we can do to face each day and see it though
      Life's a dance, put on your dancing shoes, take a chance

      You can't shut your eyes to pain, faces crying in the rain
      You can't keep it all inside, you need some way to let it ride
      Life's a dance, put on your dancing shoes, take a chance

      When you're all over, when you know you've done all that you can do
      Put on your dancing shoes, it'll see you through

      Voices shouting in the street, life lived to a ragged beat
      Someone's world is tumbling down, and who's the saint and where's the clown?
      Life's a dance, put on your dancing shoes, take a chance

      When you're all over, when you know you've done all that you can do
      Put on your dancing shoes, it'll see you through
      When time is flying, when you know there's no end to these modern blues
      Put on your dancing shoes, it'll see you through

      Steve Winwood Roll With It, 1988

      http://www.heartlandsangha.org/hicons/template_img/180/placeholder.gif

      Every day is a good day
      Calligraphy by