Wednesday, May 1, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2002

      H i g h l i g h t s

      The Best of the Internet's Nonduality Email Lists, Forums, Web sites, and More

      Editors: Jerry Katz, Gloria Lee, Christiana Duranczyk, Michael Read, John Metzger

      Highlights Issue #1058

      Wednesday, May 1, 2002

      Today's Highlights compiled, edited and designed by Jerry Katz

      Search all Editions of the Nondual Highlights: http://nonduality.com/search.htm

      Nondual Highlights Home Page: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Editor's notes:

      In Issue #1056, a piece written by Michael Johnson
      was mistakenly attributed to Michael Read. It is
      re-submitted below:
      --Jerry Katz

      MICHAEL JOHNSON

      My Interpretation of Jean Klein's teachings...

      What is Life?
      A child is born...life begins for the child.
      The child sees.
      The child smells.
      The child tastes.
      The child hears.
      The child touches things and things touch the child.
      The child thinks.

      Life is perceptions, body sensations.
      Each moment of life for the child is brand new, each situation is fresh.
      The child remembers an experience of
      seeing
      smelling
      tasting,
      hearing,
      touching.

      Pleasant memories are stored in the child's brain if an experience felt
      good to the child.
      Painful memories are stored in the child's brain if and experience didn't
      feel good to the child.
      The child searches for pleasurable experiences and avoids painful experiences.

      All experiences are new for the child, yet, many of the child's experiences
      appear to be a repeat
      of previous remembered experiences. The child's memory completes
      experiences for him thereby making his life seem repetitious. There is
      memory of similar experiences but there is no repetition.

      Life never repeats itself for the child.
      Each moment of life is new.
       From birth to death, each moment is new.

      The body grows.
      The mind grows.
      The child grows.

      There is an awareness of the body and mind growing.

      There is something beyond thought, the source of thought,
      that is aware of the child, aware of the body, aware of the mind.

      The child is always changing.
      The body is always changing.
      The mind is always changing.

      The body is a vehicle, a tool, an instrument.
      The mind is energy, creation, activity.
      The child is the mind/body creation.

      If the child assumes his identity as the mind/body,
      there is a belief in separation.
      There is fear.
      There is anxiety.
      There is stress.
      There is manipulation.

      If the child remembers his true identity as the Spirit,
      the Silence, The Source, The Awareness, of the body/mind
      sensations, then the child feels connected to the world.

      The body/mind sensations are allowed to come to the child's
      attention rather than the child constantly seeking sensations.

      The pleasure pain cycle stops.
      Life springs up in letting go of desires for life to be something
      other than what it is...in each present moment.

      Body/mind sensations are perceived and let go.
      They are allowed to come
      and they are allowed to go.
      There is no personal involvement in them.
      Life is
      sight,
      smell,
      taste,
      sound,
      touch,
      thought.

      The body/mind is connected when
      the mind allows the world to be
      created moment by moment.

      We are all One,
      not two.

      Duality appears in Non-duality.

      Consciousness and it's object thought are One, not two.

      Consciousness is what we have in common with all other
      objects which appear in our Awareness.

      JOHN METZGER

      TIME, THE MYSTICAL RULER

      http://hotwired.lycos.com/animation/collection/theodore_ushev/time_is/

      I've only scanned it, but there's a good section with
      all the Matrix links (all the doors they can knock on)
      and even the one at the NDS website. Also a bunch of
      Matrix lists, clubs, boards are listed.

      http://www.viewfromthewall.com/

      GREG GOODE
      from Guru Ratings list

      Even though there's no universal agreement on whether
      what enlightenment is or even whether it is, it's not
      bad to stay sober and remember that enlightenment,
      guruhood, powers are all independent from each other.
      Just because someone's in the front of the room with a
      videocam trained on them and a ring of eager faces all
      around doesn't mean they have/are anything special. By
      the same token, check out the local gardener or video
      sales clerk. One might be very surprised where special
      qualities can be found!!

      JERRY KATZ

      R.K. Sankar's translation from Tamil of Sri Ramana Padha
      Pancharathnam, Five jewels (in praise) of the Feet of
      Sri Ramana, by Sri Siva Prakasam Pillai -- with daily
      affirmations, is available at
      <http://nonduality.com/shankar6.htm>

      "On the eve of Sri Ramana Jayanti" is at
      <http://nonduality.com/shankar7.htm>

      "Grateful Remembrance of Sri Bhagawan on His Mahasamadhi
      Day" is at <http://nonduality.com/shankar8.htm>

      Sankar sends his translations one verse at a time to the
      I AM list.

      THE WAY OF INCENSE

      <http://www.hikoshin.org/kodo/taste/kodo.html>

      FIRECEREMONY
      from Live Journal

      Closeness

      ill on a journey
      my mind wanders across the moor
      --Basho

      Sometimes the lives of past persons blossom up before my
      eyes and the person in question feels very very close,
      as if it were my own life.