Wednesday, April 24, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2002
      The Nondual Highlights
      The Best of the Internet's Nonduality Email Lists, Forums, Web sites, and More

      Editors: Jerry Katz, Gloria Lee, Christiana Duranczyk, Michael Read,
      John Metzger

      Highlights Issue #1051

      Wednesday, April 24, 2002

      Today's Highlights Compiled, Edited, and Designed
      by
      Jerry Katz

      Search all editions of the Highlights: <http://nonduality.com/searchhl.htm>
      Highlights Home Page: <http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm>

      GLORIA LEE

      Hi, No comment or opinion on the sales hype, just
      posting to direct attention to the "free samples" of
      space sound recordings... quite unlike any other sounds.
      --Gloria

      "Experience the real "Music of the Spheres". The
      Interactions between the Solar Wind and the
      magnetosphere of planets, moons, and rings of planets in
      our Solar System creates extraordinary frequency
      "soundscapes" in the plasma energy "ocean" that fills
      the void of space.

      Each planet, moon and ring system has a distinctive
      "musical" pattern creating these "Celestial Love Songs".
      These beautiful and mysterious recordings will touch
      primordial and mystical chords in the heart of your
      subconscious and intone the connection of body, mind and
      soul with the universe. "

      http://body-mind.com/index.html

      next link goes directly to sound samples:

      http://body-mind.com/1bmrindexSPACE.htm

      SU GANDOLF

      WOW! These are incredible.
      I especially like Jupiter.

      For the slightly internet-impaired among us, this is actually the
      link goes directly to the samples:

      http://body-mind.com/bmrpg2aa.html

      Thanks, Gloria!

      ANAND and COLIN YARDLEY
      from the Nisargadatta list

      ANAND:
      I have a question for others. What do you associate
      yourself with when you mail on this list

      1) a "confused" seeker

      2) a person who knows he's blessed (Grace of the guru et
         al ) and on right track but still has some
         intellectual clarifications that need working on .

      3) pure Consciousness expressing itself through this
         psychosomatic apparatus that is you

      What "are" you when you mail on theis e-group?

      COLIN YARDLEY:
      Dear Anand: Persons in category 1 will be too
      embarrassed to submit. Those in category 2 will just
      argue with you. And those in category 3 will keep
      insisting that there is no "you" to constitute a valid
      apparatus. So why bother? Further, in light of the
      following, I would submit that your three categories be
      expanded :-)

       'I am awake.'
               - Guatama Buddha

        'I am prior to consciousness.'
              - Nisargadatta

        ' I am the way,'
             - Christ

        ' I am a little world made cunningly
          Of elements and an angelic sprite.'
             - John Donne

        'I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's
      affections, and the truth of imagination.'
             - John Keats

        ' I am the walrus.'
            - P. McCartney

        ' I am what I am and that's all what I am'
            - Popeye

        'I seem to be a crowd.'
          - James Hillman

        'I am a lie who always speaks the truth.'
          - Jean Cocteau

        'I am an unpopular electric eel set in a pond of goldfish.'
          - Dame Edith Sitwell

        'I am large. I contain multitudes.'
          - Walt Whitman

        'I think that I am better than the people who are trying
      to reform me.'
      - Goethe

        'I'm your freight train, baby'
          -  Rufus 'Blind Melon' Madison

        'I am nauseous.'
          - Jean Paul Satre

      'I don't consider myself outside of anything. I just
      consider myself not around.'
          - Bob Dylan

      AL LARUS

      Real sound of chaos

      http://www.discovery.com/stories/technology/fractals/create.html
      http://www.discovery.com/stories/technology/fractals/gallery.html

      DUSTIN
      from Live Journal

      http://www.catholicshopper.com/products/inspirational_sport_statues.html_

      ELGER ESSER
      from the Live Journals of FireCeremony and Kochanie

      http://www.temaceleste.com/eng/artfeatures.asp?ID=89

      FIRECEREMONY:
      "It is not nature that is the subject of his work, but
      rather the capacity for representing the physical and
      psychic conditions of vastness and emptiness."

      This makes a lot of sense.

      When I saw the picture I was about to say that I could
      feel the humid heat of a warm summer afternoon in
      France, the chirping of bugs in the background, the soft
      background sound of a silently flowing river and the
      feel of still air that follows still thoughts.