Monday, April 22, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2002
      The Nondual Highlights
      The Best of the Internet's Nonduality Email Lists, Forums, Web sites, and More

      Editors: Jerry Katz, Gloria Lee, Christiana Duranczyk, Michael Read,
      John Metzger

      Highlights Issue #1049

      Monday, April 22, 2002

      Today's Highlights Compiled, Edited, and Designed
      by
      Jerry Katz

      Search all editions of the Highlights: <http://nonduality.com/searchhl.htm>
      Highlights Home Page: <http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm>

      Due to the unique material in this edition of the Highlights, a copy is being sent to the Nonduality Salon list
      --Jerry

      Mystress Angelique Serpent
      from the Kundalini Gateway List

      Farewell to a friend.

         It is with great sadness that I report the passing of El Collie.

      Most of the newer listmembers do not know El, but the
      older ones will remember her well, and with much love.
      All of us have found comfort from her work: the signs
      and symptoms page, her writing, poetry and her own
      ground breaking print magazine and website, Shared
      Transformation. http://members.aol.com/ckress/st.html

      She was a great spirit, wise, generous and
      compassionate. She gave much of the last decade of her
      life promoting awareness of the Kundalini process and
      helping other awakened people in difficulty, even tho
      her own life and process was marked with chronic pain
      and illness. Yet, she rarely mentioned her difficulties,
      and her sharing on this list was often very humorous as
      well as insightful.

      This community that so many of you, and including myself
      have gained so much from, would not exist but for El. I
      am greatly in her debt. I am very glad I told her so,
      july 2000, when she retired from active participation in
      this list. I wrote:

      "You are one of the true Pioneers of the Western
      Kundalini phenomena. Few people know that about you.
      Now, it seems that gradually you are retiring from that
      activism, and truly you have earned it. Your influence
      on this entire social subgroup of awakened folks has
      been tremendous, and you have always been an inspiration
      to me. From back when I first came online, and came
      across the "Signs and Symptoms list".. it changed my
      perspective of my entire life. It makes me think of the
      early feminists, and the brilliant blazing torch they
      passed on the succeeding generations. My career as a
      Kundalini activist has just begun, by comparison, and it
      would not Be, if not for your efforts in creating the
      legacy which I, among so many, are heirs to. It saddens
      me tho, to see you departing the field. Those of us who
      are just starting out, still need you. We need your
      wisdom and insights. Your passion."

          Those words are even truer today. Her brilliance, and my
      sadness to hear she has truly, "departed the field"
      doubtless for greener pastures that she truly deserves.
      My spirit is happy she is freed from pain, but my heart
      grieves the loss.

      The impetus and support for the creation of the K-list
      came from El, it was inspired by her "Friends online"
      site which was the first website to offer a place of
      community and comfort for awakened people. She was an
      original, and will be greatly missed by me, and everyone
      who knew her.

      The last thing she posted to shared Transformation was
      an essay on Shamanic death and dismemberment last March.
      http://members.aol.com/ckress01/darkness.html

      Even through her own troubles she continued to reach out
      and help others, to share her wisdom that it might
      benefit any who might be in need. She retreated from
      this list about two years ago, citing health problems
      and a need to invest energy elsewhere, think about
      something besides the process. Last time I wrote to her,
      she said she was mentoring new writers. Yet, I noticed
      when her name reappeared in the member list, although I
      did not mention it to anyone. She chose to be in
      seclusion and I respected that, and did not disturb it
      ... but it gave me great joy to know we were again
      blessed by her presence.

      Over the next few days I will be forwarding some of El's
      posts from the archives, as a memorial and tribute to
      this great lady. If you wish, go to the archives search
      engine
      http://www.kundalini-gateway.org/klist/search.html

      and enter El Collie or ckress to find her posts. The
      search will take a while, she was prolific in her
      generosity of sharing. I did so and found this poem:

      KNOCK KNOCK
      by El Collie

      I AM
      all that ever was or will be.
      I AM
      always and forever
      nameless, formless, selfless.
      I AM
      source and substance,
      the magic All, the quintessential Who,
      the What It Is
      behind the many guises
      of this, that and the other.
      I always AM
      nothing and no one
      but the light of consciousness pouring through
      prismatic dreamspace and illusion-time
      into a trillion variations on a single theme:
      Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

         Following is a letter from her husband Charles, to Bob
      Boyd who passed it onto Jerry (editor's note: not Jerry Katz), who sent it on... please
      pass it on it turn, to anyone you know who knew El, so
      they may know of her passing and include her and Charles
      in their prayers.

            Blessings...

        Hi Bob,

      This is Charles, El's Husband. El Passed away on
      Wednesday 17 April. As you can imagine I am still in a
      state of shock and grief. I feel like my heart has been
      ripped from my chest. My family has been a great help in
      assisting me and spending time with me. El was such a
      great source of strength and compassion, but in the last
      few years her health deteriorated and her pain and
      suffering kept getting greater. Now she is liberated
      from the pain of the body, but we who are left behind
      miss her greatly. I hope at some point to be able to
      post more of her writings and poetry to the web, but for
      now I am still too broken up to do that. She Is being
      cremeated as she wished and her ashes will be scattered
      at sea on the 3rd of May. If anyone wishes to make a
      donation in her name she always liked the IRC
      (international rescue commitee), Project open Hand, and
      Habitat for Humanity. Prayers for her and our family are
      also appreciated. Thanks for all you have done. You have
      always been a beacon of light and love.

      Love

      Charles

      PS you can share this message If you like on your web
      site or with those that knew her.

      Ramon Sender
      from Sufi Mystic list

      "No, I have absolutely no idea what water is," said the
      fish. "Why do you ask?"

      quote from "Quantum Touch: The Power To Heal" Richard
      Gordon

      Photo selected by John Metzger for Highlights #1047

      MATTHEW
      from Highlights #423

      i honestly don't give a rats ass who is enlightened. In
      fact i really care whether or not i am enlightened. It
      is a totally irrelevant issue to me. The post of
      mine about testing for enlightenment was sarcasm about
      the need people have to test teachers. I live snuggled
      up with my fears. It's not an adventure and it's not
      heroic to me, none of it, it is just life.

      STEFAN
      from SeekersAfterTruth list

      My name is Stefan Ramon Bajon and I have been a seeker
      all my life. It was not until some seven surgeries i
      endured in the late nineties that brought me to
      surrender more and more of ego death.....I picked up the
      power of now in 2000 and that book has led me to much
      deeper teachings and to deeper truth.....If anyone in
      this list lives in the Santa Rosa area of North
      California please call me for community of like oriented
      beings.....707 837 8076

      JEWISH HAIKUS
      from personal correspondence

      A lovely nose ring--