Quotillion Tuesday - April 8, 2002

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2002

      Nondual Highlights
      The Best of the Internet's Nonduality Email Lists, Forums, Websites, and More

      Highlights Issue # 1036

      Tuesday, April, 9, 2002

      Today's Highlights Compiled, Edited, and Designed
      by Michael Read

      Search all editions of the Highlights: <http://nonduality.com/searchhl.htm>

      Highlights Home Page: <http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm>

      (editor's note: extra picture titles provided for email
      programs that won't show pictures)

      LOST IN A MAZE?
      (zebra closeup)

      Afraid you'll endup here?
      (snarling male tiger)

      Find your way out of the maze with a handy quote!

      Search the maze with ease at http://nonduality.com

      This issue is dedicated to quotes,
      to those those who utter the brilliant
      phrases that carry the weight of
      truth and understanding, and to those
      who gain depth from contemplating these phrases.

      It is further dedicated to those who could give a hoot
      less about who said what. And especialy to those
      who are sick and tired of hearing what swami soandso
      said 1,000 years ago.  Or even what was said five minutes ago.

      And let us not forget those who only quote 'em and leave 'em.

      "Not in reality nor in unreality am I found" - ed.

      (robot face uncovered)

      For fun we stretch and compress some quotes from the nonduality.com search engine

      Search: quotes
      Found 353 documents, showing 1 - 20.

      1. ... we will further on quote several contemporary masters: swami ... sri
      2.  or ... is sufficient to quote only a few on this idea.
      3. ... this here follows quotes from well-known sages.
      4. ... will give several quotes: "abandon and offer all your works to the ...  quantum ...
        ... more i read this quote by deutsch, the more i like it, actually. ... this was a short quote. but i refer any reader genuinely interested ...
      5. ... the following quote: "my input is that i am on this list to share ... experiences, not quotes. when i read a quote, i am not able to ... experience.
      6. i delete quotes." love, tanmayo ~~~

      1. ... from where that quote came from. thanks! jerry jerry "when ... the following quote i found by eckhart supports the use of ... quotes. "o devi, there are many gurus on earth who ...
      2. ... we begin with some quotes from alice bailey: forget not that the ... work in high fallootin' quotes from our favorite gurus or sweet words  and the quotes to follow, we will see that ... this thomas merton quote which reminded me of you and your love of ~~~ judi and sky quotes t.s. eliot at the still point of the turning ...  "one minute wisdom" ...

      3. ... ___ old hag shares quotes thomas merton: "the absolute ground of being ... quotes from that fine book: "god, whose love and ...
        ... i occasionally quote the words of jesus or the buddha, from a ... power lost. enlightenment is not as ... obscure quotes, movies, geographical locations, yogi berra, ... or ... your permission to ... believe that this quote was said by lao--tzu (the legendary chinese ...
        is presented as 'best' ... to be ("without quotes" he said), i don't think it made the ... levels 5-7. (quotes available on request but i don't have the ... years. ... to be absent. ... non-duality isn't experienced. all experience has a ...
        ... own. what makes 'non-duality' so special? as if there were an ... on the one hand non-duality implies that there is no becoming, ... for now. from non-duality the current events are seen for what ...

      ... i could find quotes reflecting that, but it might be boring to ...

      "Half the world is composed of people who have
      something to say and can't, and the other half who
      have nothing to say and keep on saying it."

      - Robert Frost

      Finally, from Mark Otter, something worth repeating.
      " ...sorry to quote again... Hey, Jerry, I've been enjoying the highlights page, and this is the boat I've been going on and on
      (speedboat)

      and on and on and on and on about... (hey Gene, why not run a poll about incessant posting about boats?) (just kidding, don't really do it...)

      "nagasiva (!) wrote:

      'being here' usually is described by more than this phrase, since it includes the doingness of the moment. this is why some zennists describe the 'no self' in verb-without-pronoun manner. when there is satori, suddenly instead of me sailing the boat, there is sailing "

      ps I wasn't sure where to put the quotation marks; whether I was quoting the highlights or nagasiva...
      pps Who's nagasiva? Was he/she kicked off for quoting to many dead people?
      ppps "What's it all a boat, Alfie?" "

      (sleepy baby tiger)

      "Now say your prayers and go to sleep." - Mother