ND Highlights for Tuesday, March 26 2002

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27 8:04 AM
      The Nondual Highlights
      Outstanding posts sent to the Nonduality Salon email list
      and other online forums

      Tuesday, March 26, 2002
      The 1020nd Edition
      Search all Editions of the Nondual Highlights:
      http://nonduality.com/searchhl.htm

      Editors: Jerry Katz, Gloria Lee, Christiana Duranczyk, Michael Read, John Metzger
      Today's Highlights Edited by
      Michael

      The Blue Marble

      A spiritual poetry corner

      http://www.crystalinks.com/poetry.html

      A Rumi Poem forwarded by Gloria Lee from Mazie Lane

      from the  truevision@yahoogroups.com "Mazie Lane"

      Be That Love, not outside looking for it.

      Advice doesn't help lovers!
      They're not the kind of mountain stream
      you can build a dam across.

      An intellectual doesn't know
      what the drunk is feeling!

      Don't try to figure
      what those lost inside love
      will do next!

      Someone in charge would give up all his power,
      if he caught one whiff of the wine-musk
      from the room where the lovers
      are doing who-knows-what!

      One of them tries to dig a hole through a mountain.
      One flees from academic honors.
      One laughs at famous moustaches!

      Life freezes if it doesn't get a taste
      of this almond cake.

      The stars come up spinning
      every night, bewildered in love.
      They'd grow tired of that revolving, if they weren't.
      They'd say,
      "How long do we have to DO this!"

      God picks up the reed-flute world and blows.
      Each note is a need coming through one of us,
      a passion, a longing-pain.
      Remember the lips
      and let your note be clear.
      Don't try to end it.
      Be your note.
      I'll show you how it's enough.

      Go up on the roof at night
      in this city of the soul.

      Let everyone climb on their roofs
      and sing their notes!

      Sing loud!

      Rumi

      Love,
      Mazie

      Michale Adamson responds to the 'enlightenment test'

       NondualitySalon "Michael Adamson"
       From my point of view (what else could it possibly be?), the
      drawing you stare at and then away from is whatever you project upon it,
      just like an overhead projector projects onto a screen whataever the image is
      of the transparency placed on it. The bottom line, I think, is that what is
      "really" (and always and only) being experienced is one's own
      physical and mental responses to what is apparently "out there" being looked at.
      In short, all we ever experience is our own organismic functioning. We
      experience the supposed world, others, things, and even our own body
      in terms of and according to the body itself.

       As a result, it really isn't "Jesus", the "ZigZag" man, etc. per se!
      It's our own stuffings objectified so there's never ever valid
      reason for thinking one really and truly knows what anything really is...much
      less argue about it...and even worse, go to war over it. It's just
      various points of view for the stew. Yum yum!

      And what has been expressed is simply one more point of view.
      Just one of an apparently infinite number possible.

      - TenthMan

      The 'test' can be found here:

      http://www.netlaughter.com/jesus.htm

       From the Illuminata group, Through by Mace Mealer

          Through grasping it cannot be held.
          Through rejecting it cannot be banished
          Though forgotten it remembers.
          Though remembered it defies concept.
          Through pain it discovers compassion.
          Through compassion the inquiry
          of the one
          and the many
          is resolved.

      A poem from yours truly (Michael Read)

      each one

      each life is lived
      is a story, a drama
      the spinning of a miraculous tale
      plotted and dreamed from the living void
      you were not
      then you were
      wet, mottled, squashed
      fresh from your home in paradise

      welcome welcome my love
      welcome to this world of dream and story
      welcome welcome my darling
      there are tears and laughter ahead
      enough, even for thee

      From the Library of Congress (USA), the faces of folk,
      more expressions of the One.

      http://lcweb.loc.gov/folklife/afc.html

      An excerpt from The Song of the Avadhut

      Chapter 3 Verse 46

      Renounce, renounce the world of appearance;
      Then renounce renunciation as well.
      But, whether you renounce or do not renounce,
      Enjoy the nectar of your natural state.